Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Swimming pools

Posted by leaning toward childfree 
leaning toward childfree
Swimming pools
July 10, 2007
I'm floating in the pool with my friend the other night, just enjoying the pleasures of the deep end, when the conversation turns to how cities are getting rid of regular pools with deep ends and most pools are either going to be all shallow end (no more then three-four feet deep) or wading, "kiddie" pools.

Gee, I wonder why this is?

I see two things wrong with this:

1) Swimming is an important life skill, at least I believe it is, even if you are landlocked. How the fuck are kids supposed to learn how to swim if all they can do in the water is stand? Also, how about basic water safety? Don't dive in the shallow end, or you'll break your neck. I had to be told that once and that was it. I never dived in the shallow end. This is when I was five and I understood.

2) My friend said it best--
"I have nothing against children, but I have a problem with my money being used to childproof a world that should be run by and for adults. They're not doing the kids any favors by taking away the deep end."
Re: Swimming pools
July 11, 2007
That is nuts. How many people have the money and space to build their own pools? Are adults supposed to be deprived just because Bratford and Cuntlina might stray into the deep end?

I remember going to the local pool as a child and I knew damn well to stay away from the deep end. It wasn't necessary to be told twice.

Yet another example of brat worship gone wild. Why do kids today have to be so mollycoddled anyway?

It makes me fear for the future. No joke.
July 11, 2007
leaning toward childfree Wrote:

My friend said it best--
> "I have nothing against children, but I have a
> problem with my money being used to childproof a
> world that should be run by and for adults.

Your friend couldn't have said it any better!

The skinny of it is, pahrunts just can't be bothered to watch their kids, so to avoid lawsuits of drowned sprogs, resorting to shallow pools is their only option. Plus I think they try to make things "easy" on pahrunts so they don't have so much to "worry" about. BOO FUCKING HOO. If there's so much to worry about then DON'T HAVE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 11, 2007
Speaking of this issue, apartment complexes with pools are hell. I lived in one that was once a nice place from 1995-1998 when mostly elderly or single people resided. Once the elderly passed on or went to nursing homes, the place went to hell quickly as office management no longer cared and rented to anyone: meaning white trash single mothers and their unsupervised offspring. My unit was by the pool. Thankfully, I could sleep in the back bedroom because Mommy thought nothing of taking her three-year-old out to the pool at 10pm so it could scream and disturb the tenants. It was worse if Moo was working the strip club or just not home and her teens or pre-teens were out there whoopin' it up at night. I am thankful every single day that I was able to move in January when I left my husband. Now...he is stuck with it unless he moved or willingly resigned the lease this month. But...he loved to play "nanny" to unsupervised young sprogs even though one daddio nearly beat him up three summers ago. I said, "Let them drown. I don't give a fuck." But...he thought I was mean...
Tahki (N.L.I.)
July 11, 2007
Screw public pools--I got my own out in my yard! grinning smiley Especially since I'm practically the only one that bothers to scoop the leaves and crap outta there (Mom's too busy glomming on baybee magazines [she says she's getting menopausal because she's never wanted any others than me] and Dad's being Mr. I Can Fix It But Really Can't!)

The only problem is that this DJJ kid (got expelled from middle school) and his little dumb-blonde girlfriend like to jump my fence so they can mack in it. Ugh. -_- Thank gawd for filters! grinning smiley

I just hated that when my Dad's Stupid Parents were here, we had to go to all the public toilets--er, I mean pools--first, and they were closed for Mommy and Me swim lessons ALL. MORNING.

When does sprog-pandering ever stop? -_-;
leaning toward childfree
July 11, 2007
Tahki--

We had a pool in our backyard, too! with a diving board! (another dying breed, I am sure)

Seriously, I'm going to be surprised if anyone under the age of seven these days is going to learn how to swim. They're all gonna drown in anything deeper than two feet of water. It's pathetic.
Tahki (N.L.I.)
July 11, 2007
'Tis truly pathetic. Andy and I always hog the deep end, and applaud people's kids who can actually swim when we're at hotels...We used to be really silly and hang out in the 1-foot wading pools, but got really squicked out when we heard about the leaky swim diapers! Disgustipatin'! >.<;;
July 11, 2007
It's just preparing them for a time when all large bodies of water are too polluted to swim in, then they won't miss it.

Me? I learned to swim in the Mississippi. I'm kind of lucky I'm still here I guess.
Tahki (N.L.I.)
July 11, 2007
I think this was a quote on one of the Adult Swim shows:

"Just throw them in! If they don't come up, then they can't swim!"

I think I remember Stewie on Family Guy saying that. Not sure though...
July 11, 2007
Tahki (N.L.I.) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We used to be really silly and hang out in the 1-foot wading
> pools, but got really squicked out when we heard
> about the leaky swim diapers!

Urgh, don't get me started about those!

They're closing public pools left and right here because of e-coli or whatever, and yet you still see promos for those disgusting "Little Swimmers". Hey, I do NOT want to swim anywhere near some filthy sprog pissing and/or shitting in the pool!

P.S. Stewie Griffin is the only baby I like. Well, OK, maybe Maggie Simpson too!
July 12, 2007
Public pools and nail salons are 2 of the nastiest places on the planet. I refuse to go to either. Ridden with bacteria, fungus, molds, and the Gods know what else.

Let the BAYBEES swim in pools of their own excrement, I'll stick with the garden hose and blow up pool for the dogs in our back yard.
July 12, 2007
"P.S. Stewie Griffin is the only baby I like. Well, OK, maybe Maggie Simpson too!"

I concur! Maggie knows how to keep her mouth shut!! And Stewie says the most appalling things! If I could be guaranteed a child like Stewie, I MIGHT have one...HA! Just joking.
Anonymous User
July 12, 2007
My complex has four pools. Until last summer, one of them was for adults only. Some welfare moo bitched because she'd actually have to go and supervise her kids. The adult pool was just outside her apartment, and she could sit on her ass, while the brats played. The landlady caved to avoid a discrimination suit. Apparently in Ca. it's illegal to curb children's activities in an apartment complex- even if said activities poses a danger to the kids.

When I want to go swimming, I go to my sister's house. At least I know her pool isn't being used as a toilet.
CFBitchfromLA
July 13, 2007
When I bought my house, I had the old pool filled in and a nice patch of fresh green grass planted. Well, it is as green and fresh as a Los Angeles suburb can be. I also had a new patio and deck area built in and some lovely security hedges and a high fence to keep out breeders. Seems the neighbors were using the pool before I bought the house and are now giving me the sighs since I filled it in. Pools are a pain in the ass as far as maintenance and insurance, so I would rather have the outdoor space for a nice lawn and garden.
July 13, 2007
Oh no, the lady who pays for and maintains the property where she lives filled in the pool that we used to use for free...what a bunch of assholes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login