Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Virginity Pledge BS...

Posted by Tahki (N.L.I.) 
Tahki (N.L.I.)
Virginity Pledge BS...
July 11, 2007
Whatcha wanna bet these girls' parents would be okay with them getting knocked up anyway, as long as they kept that almighty baybee? http://www.glamour.com/news/articles/2007/01/purityballs07feb

I had a friend who got sucked into this shit...Now she thinks I'm unGawd-duh-ly because I KISS someone (OMG!) I'm not married to (OMFG!) [which is my BOYFRIEND] (OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!)

She is always henpecking me about "God knows you kissed that sinner...you need to repent and ask Him to forgive you...I pity whoever marries you and finds out you didn't save yourself for him."

And yet she's already asking me about baybee names! O_o *runs away from this friendship, but first: Mr. T: I pitty tha fools *
Tahki (N.L.I.)
Re: Virginity Pledge BS...
July 11, 2007
Also...the idea of always having that whole mess hanging over your head kind of weirded me out...I'd be really freaked if my dad ever asked me to do that.

I'm not flaming the article (It's very well-written), just...being weirded out over the whole Dad-Gets-My-Whole-Love-Life-'Till-I'm-Married and Let's-Only-Teach-Those-Kids-Abstinence thing...
leaning toward childfree
July 11, 2007
It freaks me out that people are so obsessed with their teenagers' genitals...

I went to a Catholic School that preached abstinence. Three girls in my class alone got knocked up before graduation. That should have told them right there that they need to let go of the whole abstinence thing, but no.
July 11, 2007
i went to an all boys catholic school, so no one got knocked up , the girls school over the stream, only 1 in my year got pregnant, this was 88/89 but that was a school run by nuns.. my school was run by brothers.. the dela salle brotherhood.

almost all of us were concerned with was studying. rather than girls (well most of the time anyway)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 11, 2007
I've heard most virginity pledges do not work and the teens are fucking their brains out before high school graduation. People are more religious in the South but there are more young single mothers here than in San Francisco where I am originally from yet people gripe about the shenanigans in my old city. I know a lovely woman whose daughter is 19 with a two-year-old in a troubled marriage. Do the math and we all know the kid was born by the teen's 17th b-day. I am sure the girl was fucking long before seventeen. Funny how so many of them are the Baptists and shit....
July 11, 2007
Science has proven time and time again that virginity pledges and abstinence only work until you find a willing partner.
Annie
July 11, 2007
Am, you made most of my points for me. The Bible Belt may be full of "religious" people, but not a lot of Christians. And many "religious" people I know around here have teenage daughters who are sprogging at least 2 kids out before they can find some poor slob to shack up with (marriage is really not one of their priorities - getting a gap-toothed, skoal chomping bastard is at the top of their lists!). Or the parents are stuck raising their grandkids, which really bites.

Birth control is a sin to them, but having sex in the back of an old pick up truck, maybe not.

I just love the hypocrisy of these morons.

I think all teenagers should take a Human Sexuality class. They've done research (VALID research) which shows that people who take sex education classes actually delay having sex (and if they actually decide to have sex, they use b/c or carry condoms with them - horrors!!!!).

I just don't understand these brain-dead religious hypocrites. They'd rather not inform their kids about sex, STD's, etc., and have them live in not-so-blissful ignorance.

I'm sorry, but if I had kids, I'd rather they be informed and prepared. I'd rather they not get pregnant or die of AIDS.
Anonymous User
July 11, 2007
Dammit I wish I had a link to another article I read about this a while back.

Usually these "pledge virgins" are having ANAL SEX AND ORAL SEX religiously but not vaginal intercourse.

Fuckin' skanks
July 12, 2007
i think this is one you mean cc (i am a research maniac i can find most articles)

http://www.azcentral.com/health/news/articles/0318virginity-stds18-ON.html

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Teens who pledge to remain virgins until marriage are more likely to take chances with other kinds of sex that increase the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, a study of 12,000 adolescents suggests.

The report by Yale and Columbia University researchers could help explain their earlier findings that teens who pledged abstinence are just as likely to have STDs as their peers.

The latest study, published in the April issue of the Journal of Adolescent Health, found that teens pledging virginity until marriage are more likely to have oral and anal sex than other teens who have not had intercourse. That behavior, however, "puts you at risk," said Hannah Brueckner, assistant professor of sociology at Yale and one of the study's authors.

Among virgins, boys who have pledged abstinence were four times more likely to have had anal sex, according to the study. Overall, pledgers were six times more likely to have oral sex than teens who have remained abstinent but not as part of a pledge.

Last year, the same research team found that 88 percent of teens who pledge abstinence end up having sex before marriage, compared with 99 percent of teens who do not make a pledge.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 12, 2007
A close friend of mine in high school SWORE that she'd remain a virgin until she had the mayun of her dreams. She was officially a CF'er and still is today, which is the good news.

The bad news is, that when she graudated and went to college, she realized how silly her pledge was and was fucking anything with a dick in college. She was quite popular - making up for lost time.

Yes, she's a slut, but a pretty cool friend. And a CF one at that! LOL
July 12, 2007
As someone who went through a pretty slutty period myself, I'd just say there's nothing wrong with slutting around, as long as you're safe and happy.
Nour
July 12, 2007
I've always hated that women are called sluts (when it's used as an insult or even good-naturedly and when women practice "safe sex") when they enjoy sex with more than one guy in the course of month or two.
Sometimes I hate this culture.
Anonymous User
July 12, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think this is one you mean cc (i am a research
> maniac i can find most articles)
>
> http://www.azcentral.com/health/news/articles/0318
> virginity-stds18-ON.html
>
>
> NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Teens who pledge to remain
> virgins until marriage are more likely to take
> chances with other kinds of sex that increase the
> risk of sexually transmitted diseases, a study of
> 12,000 adolescents suggests.
>
> The report by Yale and Columbia University
> researchers could help explain their earlier
> findings that teens who pledged abstinence are
> just as likely to have STDs as their peers.
>
> The latest study, published in the April issue of
> the Journal of Adolescent Health, found that teens
> pledging virginity until marriage are more likely
> to have oral and anal sex than other teens who
> have not had intercourse. That behavior, however,
> "puts you at risk," said Hannah Brueckner,
> assistant professor of sociology at Yale and one
> of the study's authors.
>
> Among virgins, boys who have pledged abstinence
> were four times more likely to have had anal sex,
> according to the study. Overall, pledgers were six
> times more likely to have oral sex than teens who
> have remained abstinent but not as part of a
> pledge.
>
> Last year, the same research team found that 88
> percent of teens who pledge abstinence end up
> having sex before marriage, compared with 99
> percent of teens who do not make a pledge.

Yep that's it Mercurior...I live in Phoenix, AZ so I read that site daily....THANKS!

The stupidity of these kids appalls me...anal sex is the UNSAFEST sex you can engage in yet they think they can do this to avoid "losing their virginity".

Whaaaaaaaaaa?
July 12, 2007
no worries, ChildfreeChick.

July 12, 2007
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've always hated that women are called sluts
> (when it's used as an insult or even
> good-naturedly and when women practice "safe sex")
> when they enjoy sex with more than one guy in the
> course of month or two.
> Sometimes I hate this culture.

Yet...males can "cat around" and it is okay...and often applauded. A woman is supposed to be "in love" if she has sex or feel she must justify a certain period by calling it "slutty". Please...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login