Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Former Brats! Posters

Posted by VLM 
VLM
Former Brats! Posters
December 27, 2005
I was one of the regulars since around 2003 or so. I don't miss it anymore, as plenty of other childfree rant/message board sites, such as this one, have cropped up on the internet. I still think Turtle shouldn't have gone out the way he did, but hey, I guess he felt what he was doing what he needed to do.

VLM123
Re: Former Brats! Posters
December 28, 2005
What exactly happened? Did he just close up shop without warning or something?
CF Scorpio
December 28, 2005
I was a regular poster on Brats! since fall 2001. I miss it too. My original name was CF in NYC, but I forgot my password and had to change my ID.
CF Me
December 28, 2005
I have to say, on some level, I still miss BRATS! especially the BRATS! of the earlier days. I think I posted and lurked since 98-99, but don't remember exactly. I'm glad to have the boards we have now, but the traffic seems slower. I miss seeing a slew of posts and responses every time I logged on. The only thing I don't miss is the intra-board fighting and posters getting a little too sensitive about almost any subject and splitting hairs about what people posted. After awhile on that board, everyone seemed like a know-it-all and would shout each other down.

Is EZCF ever gonna be open to unregistered users again? I guess I'll have to get around to signing up. Tanglewood is a little too easy on the breeders if you ask me. And, I could do w/o the mommy talk, even if they are agreeing w/ the CFs on certain subjects. "Sierra eats healthy food...Sierra gets disciplined if she is bad...Sierra does her homework every night...." (puke)

Joujou2
December 28, 2005
I liked the no holds barred atmosphere of Brats but in the later years it did get a little over the top and old. I understand why turtle did what he did, and I wasn't trying to set up a this board is better than that board type of post, just giving a shout out. Some of the posters I miss, the ones I don't see anywhere.

Sometimes I also wonder if any slipped off of the CF bus without notice. I know of a few through out the years, not that it is a bad thing, but when you spend time posting with people and develop a sort of relationship with them, it is natural to wonder what's happening in their lives. I have had on-line friendships with some of my CF counterparts that has out lived many of my RL friendships. WE don't have too many cfers where I come from.
VLM
December 29, 2005
Yep, Turtle just closed up shop on the Brats! rant page. After a while, though, he composed and posted a letter and left it up there for about a month or two, then deleted the letter, also.

A lot of the posters migrated over to EZCF. I believe unregistered viewers can lurk on EZCF for now.
sprogless
December 29, 2005
No lurking on EZCF. Tanglewood is open to lurkers, but EZCF is an exclusive club.
joujou2
December 29, 2005
A lot of EZboard opperators close the boards for guest lurking because it jacks up the cost of running the board. If you have an ezboard account, (which is free to sign up) you could probably lurk/post there, unless they have made it so that you have to have a gold ezboard account, which is like 12 dollars for a whole year, or 7 dollars for six months. I don't know if the owner has set her board up that way, but it isn't an exclusive closed board where you have to apply for membership or anything.

CF 4 Ever
December 29, 2005
I like this board, but I too miss the Brats! board. I suppose some folks just never stumbled on this board, and may have landed somewhere else or gave up. What I miss is the HILARIOUS stories of Moos, Duhs, and Sproggen. Sure, we get those here, but the ones on Brats! sometimes seemed to have more kick to them. Or, maybe it just seemed that way because I was new (to the board, not new to being CF!). At that time, every reference of sprogs or stupid moos this and that had me cracking up with agreement. Still, this board is great.
NevelC
December 30, 2005
I'm a former brats poster and I'm on EZCF occasionally. But, I still miss brats a ton.
mercurior 1
December 30, 2005
i went to the ezcf board after the demise of turtles only was there a short time, but then i found a few of the posters of ezcf to be just as bad as some of the moos and duhds that lurk, so we(my fiancee and myself) created a board, at about the same time as this one, and dragonlady's, for the refugees from brats and ezcf.

it is great that so many new boards appeared after the demise of the turtles, and it brought about a greater community spirit i beleive.. so the turtle is dead, long live the turtle spawn.. (only in a web board way)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.