Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sweet

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
sweet
July 14, 2007
Hi all,

I'm new, but feeling like getting some stuff out here. hope you all don't mind.

I have been cf for 33 years, and no regrets. I have health problems and not liking children issues that have kept me from having a kid.

In any event, last week (had been lurking in cf boards for a while) i asked my SO (he's 47) of 2 years if he regretted that he wouldn't have a child with me. He said:

"When we first met, I thought about it, because of my age, and because i loved you so much, that if you wanted kids, it would be great with me. I was with the ex for so long, i never had the option."

"you'd be a great dad" i said. He would.

"well, whatever. Once i knew about your health issues, and that having a kid wasn't possible, i decided that i loved you and wanted to be with you more than having a kid." And he meant it.

So there. THIS is the man that childfree-women-by-choice should be looking for. Do NOT have a kid because your SO/DH wants you/pressures you to. It's wrong for the relationship, wrong for you, and ultimately wrong for him.

just my $.02

PS. I realize i've got the greatest guy ever. smiling smiley
Re: sweet
July 15, 2007
I am glad your S/O realises the health issues and does not scream for that infant. Many fellows do not give a damn if their mates risk death or other issues if they give birth as they demand that DNA sample to be born.

Welcome to the board... :bal
Re: sweet
July 15, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many fellows do
> not give a damn if their mates risk death or other
> issues if they give birth as they demand that DNA
> sample to be born.
>

this is so true, Am. Some men (certainly not all) don't give a horse's patootie about the physical and mental health of their mates, so long as they have proof that the dick works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login