Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Damn...

Posted by amethusos* 
Damn...
July 26, 2007
I talked to a friend today. She has not been doing too well emotionally since she got hurt at work. The work deal is okay as she got workman's comp for the time she was out and has been given a "light duty" position due to the injury. However, she is realising how she has NOTHING after giving up everything from a social life to practically bankrupting herself so her kids had the "best" in education and everything else after leaving an abusive husband. My friend is alone. There has been no "companionship" for 15 years. The lady is a lovely person. I do feel sadness for her as she realised too late what a fucking leghold trap motherhood is for a woman. I knew how women were to be the self-sacrificing madonnas even as a child, which was one of the reasons why moohood never appealed to me like it did with other little girls. Also...I never had a maternal bone in my body. It is just so bunk to see it with my own eyes of how this woman does feel her life means shit now as the two kids are grown and gone and have no use for her. Nothing I can say can make her feel better and I am afraid she will drink again...not that I can stop anyone from being self-destructive. I also breathe a sigh of relief for not making the mistake of breeding...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login