Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What if humanity was going extinct...

Posted by Feh 
What if humanity was going extinct...
August 02, 2007
From another cf forum, someone posted the following question (and my answer)...
“So to close, a drastic example here to illustrate the possibility of trend reversals, a la P.D. James in The Children of Men: what if the human population were threatened with extinction? Would everyone who was currently childfree remain so?”

Yes, I would remain childfree. Simply put, humanity hasn’t really done much to make this planet any better. Were we to drive ourselves to possible extinction, it seems to me that we wouldn’t DESERVE a second chance to repopulate. There would be some pretty drastic environmental and/or social reasons why humans would be rendered extinct and to bring an infant into that situation, when your life as a parent, and the life of humanity on the planet is faced with such a dire and unsurvivable threat, would be cruel and thoughtless to the extreme.

I have no problems with allowing humanity to go extinct, escpecially considering that extinction level event would most likey be as a result of our own folly.
Right on the money, Feh!

Why selfishly have a child who's doomed?
I hate bullshit questions like this. But I definitely agree with you, Feh.
Plus, I think we are already "threatened with extinction," aren't we?
Re: What if humanity was going extinct...
August 02, 2007
let humanity fry...

i dont like humans, well 99% of them, i see humanity is a disease on the face of the planet. we infect and destroy with no symbiotic relationship in general, just take and destroy, let the next poor slobs solve the problem..

if i had a button that would instantly destroy all of humanity.. i would push it.. humans have never really done anything that deserves us to be saved..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
August 02, 2007
Merc,
We think alike. I loathe most humans I meet. If I didn't have to commute to work, I would never leave my new house.
August 02, 2007
i love all the films about last humans, i used to have a dream i was the last man on earth.. no women no children only animals and me.. now i have rowan.. but i would be so happy to be alone like that..

the first spaceship to other worlds.. count me in so long as i didnt have to see any humans.. i would pilot it.. but not breed.. let the poor slobs frozen breed..

i am really antisocial, more so than rowan.. she at least enjoys going to towns and shopping and wandering.. i dont..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
August 02, 2007
I love movies that portrays huge life claiming catastrophes. The more humans die, the happier I am!
August 02, 2007
On that note, does anyone know if humanity is destroyed in the Transformers movie? Mars Attacks was so disappointing that way.
Proper Cynic
August 03, 2007
Well, I certainly would not have a child to save the human race if it was going extinct. Fuck 'em and good riddance. Bye bye human vermin.
August 03, 2007
I knew as a young child that I was NOT "mother material". I never wanted to play with dolls and hated having to help with the cunt work of the babies at the sitter's house I went to. Even if I had felt some urge to have a child, I do believe it is a very unethical thing to do in today's society. We live in a more violent society in the United States. Good jobs are becoming more of a thing of the past. As one member stated on another thread, high schoolers are being sold on the "American Dream" of getting a college degree and incurring a heavy student-loan debt or the parents fork out of their retirement money. Yet...many college grads with great degrees are selling cars or working in call centers. Why in the hell would I want to have a child and consign that person to such an uncertain future or a life of toiling away just to maybe make the rent???
August 03, 2007
This world is becoming seriously over populated and it's increasing exponentially all the time. Mother Earth cannot continue to support all these people. Take the Duggars for instance. They breed like unsterilized, feral cats. I'd would love for the world to be overrun with cats. Cats, dogs, animals in general. The only humans to exist should be the Childfree.
August 03, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This world is becoming seriously over populated
> and it's increasing exponentially all the time.
> Mother Earth cannot continue to support all these
> people. Take the Duggars for instance. They
> breed like insterilized, feral cats. I'd would
> love for the world to be overrun with cats. Cats,
> dogs, animals in general. The only humans to
> exist should be the Childfree.

That would be a beautiful world!
Anonymous User
August 03, 2007
In response to Feh...
No, in Transformers humanity is not destroyed.

I don't think mainstream Hollywood would put out a big budget summer blockbuster with such a 'negative' ending. (Negative in quotes as that would be their opinion.)

My wife loves "The Stand" and "Dawn of the Dead (2004)" for their depiction of end-of-the-world scenarios without the typical Hollywood happy ending.
Dear KFLL, to compare the Duggars breeding like "unsterilized, feral cats" is an insult to all unsterilized, feral cats. The cats are a lot smarter than the Duggars. Any time, any place.
August 03, 2007
Yes, Annie, you are right. My cats will deal with me when I get home, as 4 of them were feral rescues. LOL!

The Duggars are disgusting. To term them anything else is impossible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login