Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2374 - whoops I killed someone

Posted by Feh 
2374 - whoops I killed someone
August 03, 2007
So let me get this straight...
If I have a van with a handicapped adult relative in it, and I leave that adult locked in the van for 9 hours in 95 degree heat, will I also get off scott free? Doubtful....
But, if I have an infant that I regret having, and I "accidentally" lock that child in the car for 9 hours in 95 degree heat, I get off scott free? Damn, looks like I can spend that $500 I had saved up for an emergency abortion.
Anonymous User
Re: 2374 - whoops I killed someone
August 03, 2007
Feh, I used a very similar example this morning while discussing this with a colleague. While even Breeders have a hard time excusing this womans actions, all that I've talked to automatically assume it was an accident. We have no evidence to point either way, so I think to jump right to that conclusion is a little premature.
August 03, 2007
Well, lets just say that generally people keep their regrets to themselves, especially in regards to parents and their children. Unless she wrote about it, or told someone about how much she regretted her decision, there's no way to prove it wasn't an accident, which then makes it the perfect crime. I'm sure it was an accident, I mean, sure you might have spent 19 hours pushing it out your vagina after carrying it in your ever expanding body for 9 months, but...a baby is small and easy to forget in lots of places.
And yet...I know many many people who had children post-manditory car seats, including an aunt and uncle who had triplets. I've never known any single one of them to ever forget their children locked in a car in 95 degree heat with the windows rolled up. I know I'm pretty cynical, but it just seems to me that if parenting is so all consuming, life changing and TMIJITW, that it should be nearly impossible for a person to forget that a. they put their child in the car when they left home, and b. that their child would still be in the car when they arrive at their destination.
Anonymous User
August 03, 2007
All good points. To add to your points, I find it hard to believe that throughout the entire 9 hour day she wouldn't be working and suddenly realize "Oh dear, I forgot to do something today, but what is it?" Hell, I forget whenever I leave my cell phone or lunch in the car by 45 minutes into my shift, much less a child.
August 06, 2007
Forgot my ass. The woman was obviously sick of the kid and didn't have the balls to 1. have an abortion in the first place or 2. give him up for adoption. Takes a pretty dumb ass of a pahrunt to "forget" your kid in the car.

The father commented, "We’re just going to say that God chose to call upon us."

Oh, I see. Well then, that makes AAAAAAAALL the difference.

She should rot in jail. Cunt.
Anonymous User
August 09, 2007
These are the same people who probably said it was God's miracle when they had the kid too....
August 10, 2007
Yet you never hear anyone blaming god when a kid dies in the hot car...or when a bridge collapses...or a hurricane whipes out a major city...
Funny that.
I mean, unless your Jimmy Swaggart, then it's all gods doing...good and bad.
August 10, 2007
dont you know god only does good things.. god never created a flood that destroyed all human life, god never killed people.. (sarcasm off)

"my god is a vengeful god"..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
August 13, 2007
http://democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070813/NEWS01/70813029

UPDATE: No charges will be filed against this Breeder who killed her 5 month old son.

The DA has determined that there was no history of abuse and no motive for harming the child, therefore did not feel an investigation was necessary.

I have a few problems with this. Alright, so murder or homicide charges are out of the picture. Whatever. I would say "Well charge her and leave it to a jury to decide!" but our court systems are overcrowded as it is, and the jury would probably ultimately reach the same conclusion as the DA. But surely she should be charged with negligence, child abuse, endangering a minor, SOMETHING to show Breeders that these kind of actions will not be tolerated in the eyes of the law.

Also, the DA cited the fact that there were no scars or bruises or signs of damage on the child. The kid was only alive for 5 months. If I wanted to commit the perfect crime and get away with murder, I could deal with not letting my anger out for five measley months. As overcrowded as our courts are, I think this case should have at least deserved a trial. Moreso than the frivolous lawsuits that are clogging it up and robbing us of precious tax dollars, anyway.
August 14, 2007
OOOOOH, but don't 'cha know? Breeders deserve preferential treatment - in eeeeeevery situation.
August 14, 2007
In some circles it's very, very wrong to kill an unwanted fetus, but if you can wait till it comes out, you can do what you will and get off scott free.
August 15, 2007
But you see, drugs are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad...
I do some work in a jail around here, and last month I was talking to a guy who was in for 4 months on a parole voilation. He got drunk while on parole and his officer found out. While he was in, he met a man who was picked up for child molestation who got out on bail within two days.
August 15, 2007
the war on drugs, since that started theres been more drug use, more crime due to rising prices.

the only way to solve the war is to legalise it. make the dealers out of business, make it slightly taxable, i have never seen someone using pot, have a fight. they are too relaxed..

they are focusing on drugs rather than the real crimes. because drugs make some people happy, and no one wants a happy person..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 15, 2007
your just as sane as the rest of us.. (but is that a good thing LOL)

August 15, 2007
Oh there's ALWAYS been drug use, it's a pretty common human trait to want to mess with "reality", and generally the easist way to do that is through mind altering substances. There've also always been drug dealers, be they sanctioned (pharmaceutical companies, health care provicers) or unsanctioned (dope growers, pushermen). The only real differences between an anxious person seeking out downers from a doctor and another anxious person buying pot from their buddy is legality and who makes the profit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login