Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jordache: the new moo jeans

Posted by catmeow 
Jordache: the new moo jeans
August 16, 2007
Heidi Klum Star of New Ad Campaign for Jordache

NEW YORK — No mom jeans for Heidi Klum. The mother of three is the sultry star of a new ad campaign for Jordache.

The ads, shot by filmmaker Brett Ratner in the penthouse of the Chateau Marmont hotel in Los Angeles, show Klum wearing classic Jordache skinny jeans in dark indigo. In one ad, she is looking over her bare shoulder and brandishing a riding whip, evoking the brand's horse-head logo.

"With her success as a supermodel, businesswoman and mother, Heidi embodies the sexy confidence that the Jordache brand is about," said Liz Berlinger, president of Jordache Enterprises, in a statement Wednesday.

Klum, 34, is the host of Bravo's "Project Runway." She has two sons with her husband, Seal, and a daughter from a previous relationship.

Elizabeth Hurley and Brittany Murphy have also appeared in the ads.

I was never one who wanted to pay to be a walking billboard for jeans or any other product. If Jordache or anyone else wants me to advertise their stuff, they can pay me to do so--not the other way around.

This article/promotional piece had to mention her moohood several times.

"With her success as a mother"? WTF? She shit out the fashionable amount of three crotchlings. I suppose this is what Liz Berlinger meant by her statement. grinning smiley

There aren't many more pathetic types of people than "hot" moos or "cool" moos. Puke!

A great use for the riding whip is to whip sprogs and their handlers into shape. Yes, use it on breeders and hellspawn who ruin your meal in a restaurant, shriek in movies, kick the back of your seat on an airplane. . .you get the idea.
Re: Jordache: the new moo jeans
August 17, 2007
There's no one sadder or more deluded than the "cool" moo.

I have this vision of "cool" moos rushing out to buy Jordache jeans and thinking they're hip. . . "shudder"
August 17, 2007
liz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's no one sadder or more deluded than the
> "cool" moo.
>
> I have this vision of "cool" moos rushing out to
> buy Jordache jeans and thinking they're hip. . .
> "shudder"

Tell me about it! I worked for a very short time with a woman who was about my age (I'm 43), who told me she was a "cool mom" and how her 15/year-old loved to hang out with her. Shouldn't a teenager have his own friends. It was creepy how his friends were always around the mom. God...I hope they did not look at her as that "NASTY MOO" material which makes me gag. The lady was not heavy but her body was not suited to those tight tops she wore.

My boss for that short time was also a mom but she was into being the "cool moo" but a good parent who taught her children respect and responsibility. "Cool moo" are really deluded. My supervisor was not into being "fashionable" but dressed comfortably and looked nice. It is not always about what is on the body but what is inside. If I had to say someone was cool, this lady was it for being a good mom to her kids and teaching manners.

By the way, Jordache is not the great brand it used to be like back in the Day in the 80's when the jeans first came out. These jeans are very much "mom jeans" with no real shape or style.
August 17, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
>
> By the way, Jordache is not the great brand it
> used to be like back in the Day in the 80's when
> the jeans first came out. These jeans are very
> much "mom jeans" with no real shape or style.

I can't remember Jordache all that well myself, tbh. I remember my cuz had a huge crush on the guy who modeled them, though - I think his name was Scalia (sp?) or something similar. Strange what sticks in your mind lol.

Personally, I'd rather be stylish than fashionable. . .
August 17, 2007
*SIGH* I used to LOVE Jordache jeans in high school in the 80's. I was wondering what happened to them. They just had to go and ruin a good thing.

Heidi Klum is disgusting.

Liz Hurley is stunningly beautiful, but unfortunately, she's a breeder.

Brit is also stunning. Let's hope she remains childfree.
CFinPDX
August 17, 2007
I didn't even know they still made Jordache jeans. Used to wear them in high school. Thought they had gone the same route as Dittos.
Pepper
August 17, 2007
"There's no one sadder or more deluded than the "cool" moo. "

Truer words have never been spoken.
August 17, 2007
At the Fox News web site (where I found the Heidi Klum article) halfway down the page on the right side, there is a link of a moo with monocolored piss-yellow hair with her fashion accessory brat. It says next to her, "Hot mamas! Look like a celeb mom" and you can click on a video on how to do it.

"Hot" mamas! "Cool" mamas! Barf! Barf! Barf!
Anonymous User
August 17, 2007
Mom jeans are mom jeans, regardless of the brand.

Wanna bet that they also come in elastic waist stretch denim? In a year, they'll be $12.99 at Wal- Mart. Cuz that's where all the moos shop. The Jordache jeans will be their "good" jeans.
August 17, 2007
"With her success as a mother"? WTF? She shit out the fashionable amount of three crotchlings. I suppose this is what Liz Berlinger meant by her statement."

I'm pretty sure "success as a mother" in Berlinger's world means "had an assload of kids without getting scary looking", which is easy to do when you have nannies, personal trainers, makeup artists and PHOTOSHOP at your disposal. What a bunch of fake ass bullshit.
August 17, 2007
Feh, don't forget the cosmetic surgeons this anorexic has!

In this writer's world, I would be a "failure" because I didn't make any crotchshit! To anyone who believes that no brats = failure, bite me!!
I too get sick of the neverending focus on "hot/cool Moms." I look at it from the psychology angle, though...the idea isn't to comfort Moms with how impressive the subject of the ad is. It's more like, If you (nameless Mom at home) tried hard enough, you could be the successful (read sexy) Moo, too. The point is, most women aren't going to look very hot after passing three kyds. That's just the godawful truth, and you can see it all around you. Though it seems particularly noticeable around here,with all the apple-shaped women running around northern Wisconsin.

Maybe I'm cynical, but the point of advertising isn't to make one feel GOOD, it's to make one feel BAD enough to buy the given product. Personally, I'd rather not give my money to companies that use that tactic, but maybe that's just me! ; )
August 18, 2007
but a lot of people fall for it. i used to work in advertising, temporarily, and i would see a lot of adverts not going for the pro view, but the negative.

buy this and you will look beautiful, the implication is you are ugly. buy this and you will be thin, implication you are fat. and so on..

advertising generally works on the negative emotions, like fear fear of growing old, fear of being fat, fear of not wearing the "right2 stuff.

there are adverts that promote the positive, like the clothes for the larger sized, its you you can be beautiful wearing this.. but even that has a negative content. most adverts focus on fear and pity. and they work. because a lot of people are afraid of being different, so has to use so many more things to fit in.. look at weight loss, a $30 billion a year industry. all for making sexy sensual big women feel bad about themselves. yes i am a cynic but unfortunatly the world is more cynical than i can imagine

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 20, 2007
CJ Wrote:
> I too get sick of the neverending focus on
> "hot/cool Moms." I look at it from the psychology
> angle, though...the idea isn't to comfort Moms
> with how impressive the subject of the ad is.
> It's more like, If you (nameless Mom at home)
> tried hard enough, you could be the successful
> (read sexy) Moo, too. The point is, most women
> aren't going to look very hot after passing three
> kyds. That's just the godawful truth, and you can
> see it all around you. Though it seems
> particularly noticeable around here,with all the
> apple-shaped women running around northern
> Wisconsin.

I see the same apple-shaped women running around in NE Florida. The SF Bay Area, where I came from, had them as well. Two to three kids will ruin a woman's body. I have seen the wedding pictures of these women. The "before" picture is almost a different person. Even when the moms are exercising and eating right, it is hard to get rid of the weight lot of times because of the damage done to the body and metabolism changing once those babies were born.

I do believe all of these "hot mom" t-shirts and other advertisements to look like a "cool mom" are just to separate these women from their money. Many, MANY months ago in Orlando, I saw a man in a restaurant with his wife (who looked good for having two kids) with an "I love hot moms" tee on. He seemed like a good guy and was not ogling other women but it also seemed as if he was maybe trying too hard to prove something.
August 20, 2007
What is wrong with apple shaped women? Growing up in Wisconsin, one hardly has the chance to start out right in the eating department. As I've said before, we pratically worship at the altars of Cheese, Deep Fried Anything and Beer, not really the building blocks for at HOTT, SKINNY, STRING BEAN bod...and this is BEFORE children come into the picture. Then when you add the survival test we call winter here, it's alot warmer, and easier, to just carry an extra fat layer than it is to shiver your 100 pounds of hotness through 8 layers of long underware and sweaters. Seriously, I was behind some scrawny woman in the grocery store who probably weighed 85 lbs dripping wet. It was at least 65 degrees out, and she's wearing a scarf and still started shivering like a hopped up chihuahua in the frozen foods section.

The whole purpose of advertising is to make you feel bad and insecure enough to buy their products. You stink, you're fat, you are behind the times,you have split ends, you aren't keeping up with the Joneses, you've got cellulite, your car is uncool, your kids hate you, you're hairy...and that constant message leads to a bunch of sheeple buying shit they don't need or really want, and to pop pills and watch tv to try to make themselves "happy", which is also a big sales pitch for the false, and brief, sense of satisfaction one might get by besting the neighbors, or buying their child's love, or having minty fresh breath.
August 20, 2007
exactly, the idea that one has to be size zero, or whatever, is a myth perpetrated by the diet industry and the clothing industry. i am healthy, abnormally so according to my doctor. you can be fat and healthy.

but that is what advertising is all about. selling the idea of perfection and you need this or that. i like apples and pears and oranges.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
RowanFaust
August 21, 2007
mercurior Wrote:

> i like apples and pears and oranges.

Eh? I was hoping you were more into hourglass, myself winking smiley
August 21, 2007
but cant eat hourglasses wink LOL

everyone is different, everyone is beautiful in their own special way. its when the soul of the person, is corrupt or totally selfish, thats the true ugliness.

Anonymous User
August 21, 2007
Man, I thought Jordache jeans went the way of stone-washing...I remember when Guess jeans were in too (that was a bit later, though).
August 22, 2007
K12144 Wrote:
> Man, I thought Jordache jeans went the way of
> stone-washing...I remember when Guess jeans were
> in too (that was a bit later, though).

Stone washing was so dreadful...doh face
August 22, 2007
I do not miss acid washed jeans.
If I never see them again, it will be too soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login