Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

True GREEN Confessions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
True GREEN Confessions
August 22, 2007
And, of course, it's filled with moms talking about all of the hard work they do to make the planet a cleaner, more beautiful place for their children... There are some posts where CF people have pointed out that by NOT having kids they're doing much more.

It might just be me, but I don't think a person CAN be an environmentalist if they have kids -- unless they're all adopted. Bringing another consumer into the world is pretty much the worst thing you can possibly do, and no amount of Reducing, Reusing or Recycling will offset the damage you've done.
Re: True GREEN Confessions
August 22, 2007
Here's a good one...

"Every time my husband, our little dog and I climb into our small car that gets 28 miles to the gallon and only needs to be filled 2 times a month I smile.

When we watch our neighbors and their 4 screaming kids with all their plastic kiddie gear clamber into their huge mini van with a tiny gas tank we laugh. A lot. "

and a snarky reply
"I bet that family with four children is too busy having fun to judge their neighbors."
I doubt the family with four children is having fun. I bet they're sullenly going through the "family" motions until the kids are up and grown, so Mom and Dad can FINALLY get divorced. I also bet they're just as judgemental as EVERYONE ELSE. I mean, how many times do we get judged by people with children, simply because we know we don't want children.
August 28, 2007
4 screaming kids? Um, yea. That sounds like a lot of fun.

And holy crap! I had no idea there was such a website. Breeders being "environmentally friendly?" Isn't that a big of an oxymoron?

Save the earth and don't breed!
August 28, 2007
Married With Rabbits, is this you?
08.28.07 9:07p
Breeding became a problem for the environment when suddenly there were 6 billion + of us on the planet using up all of the earth's resources.

I say use the four screaming kids (and other shrieklings) as the main course of a cookout/barbeque! smiling smiley
k-man
August 28, 2007
Breeding = consumption, pollution, and resource depletion. Big time.

Kyds eat a lot, generate a lot of waste and trash, use a lot of diapers, play with a lot of new toys, constantly need new clothes and shoes, and eventually demand vehicles to drive that require fuel and roads. Enough kyds in an area will require the resources to build schools and housing. Many of the items kyds use these days must be imported at great expense and cost to the environment, such as those wonderful lead-contaminated toys from China. Kyds are all about "gimme more, gimme more, I want, I want, I want, I want"—constant consumption without letup.

The world would be far better off in the long term without all that breeding. We are approaching real limits on resources use and available land for farming for food, because of uncontrolled homebuilding taking fertile farmland at an alarming rate and because of ever heavier use of dwindling energy sources such as oil. Other food sources, such as wild stocks of fish, are rapidly being depleted worldwide.

I have brought it up before, but look into the "peak oil" controversy and the number of oil-producing countries that are expected to become net oil importers instead of exporters over the next 10 years, and be prepared to become very afraid. Some scientists warn that the world is past its sustainable carrying capacity of people, possibly by a factor of 10, and if oil does become scarce most people will soon be doomed. Picture 6.7 billion suddenly declining to 500 million in the space of a relatively few years.

We should be rewarding the childfree and encouraging sterilization, not ridiculing them and encouraging more breeding. We have only one Earth, and I have become rather fond of it. We already have too many people ruining it.

Is this the kind of answer you're looking for, Married with Rabbits? This is the best I can come up with on short notice.
k-man
August 28, 2007
Already sent that response to that site, MWR. We'll see if it's posted.
August 29, 2007
when a third of the world is starving, when nature is being raped for land to grow "biofuels", to grow beef, to grow food that the western world lets rot and throw away, when the waste waters, oil and rubbish, cause ecological disasters.

when people are fighting over tiny scraps of land, for somewhere to live, when the quality of life has been exchanged for the quantity of life. with no regards to mans place in nature.

when as humans we can destroy the planet hundreds of times. thats the time for us to say STOP. stop destroying our only home, the only place thats been kind to us, but even nature herself is having enough of us, famines, floods, fires, tornado's, we are a plague of humanity, we are worse than any disease, we destroy the world, and change it into a wasteland.

the world and all its life deserves better than having us humans rape and destroy for our petty selfish ways.

(will that do)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 29, 2007
Yesterday after having discovered www.truegreenconfessions.com, I wrote in a comment, "Save the earth, stop breeding" and I see it wasn't posted.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............
August 29, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yesterday after having discovered
> www.truegreenconfessions.com, I wrote in a
> comment, "Save the earth, stop breeding" and I see
> it wasn't posted.

Well, that isn't really a confession. I'm guessing the site monitors maybe don't want it to disintegrate into a "have kids/don't have kids" board, as opposed to some breederiffic conspiracy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login