Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So true about Tony Snow

Posted by bell_flower 
So true about Tony Snow
September 01, 2007
I see this a lot. You think Moo would be concerned about her husband's health after having cancer, but no, she's only concerned that the old workhorse/income stream may be tripping up and that's not acceptable.

To me, this is one of the benefits of a childfree marriage or just being childfree in general. Because I am reasonably intelligent and I have decent communication skills, I was promoted into management at a fairly early age. I was good at my field, but I didn't like it much and I worked for a woman who was truly a bitch from Hell. EIGHT people left our organization in a year.

I took a downgrade to get out of that sucky-organization and did something that was related, but I liked better. This was something my colleagues weren't able to do because they had Keeeedz. Having keedz + nonworking spouse = no flexibility.

Later, I had a chance to make a move into the IT field, which I love.

To me, it's not worth the extra money to do something you hate. I thank Todd every day that I can do something I love, do it well, and not have to move up because I'm trying to pay for the financial burden that is a chyyyyyyyld. And if this job goes sour, I am mobile and I can go elsewhere.

Some spouses are just miserable people, like wifeys who want the husband to ProduceProduceProduce. Illness is one thing, but I feel responsible for paying for my and DH's financial obligations. But I guess I am the Big Dummy to some of my peers because they "don't want to work" and they feel perfectly entitled to a free ride because they shat out some man's brats.

And it's not just a female thing....some men want a woman at home doing all the grunt work. And although I always worked, my miserable WannaBreed Ex (even though I had a tubal before marriage) wanted me to shit out brats. I tried to explain to him the obvious benefits of having a two income family, but really, he was just clueless. He was the type who was never happy. If he ever married a woman who put the yoke on him, he'd probably hate that too. Malcontent.
Re: So true about Tony Snow
September 03, 2007
I think Tony is great! I just grinned and bared it with my partner as we were FNC for Mr. Snow's farewell speech. The worst was when he said his reasoning was how he could tell his kids how they and the wifey would not get certain things as long as he continued to work for the President as the White House did not pay as well as radio or television. I've never seen Mrs. Snow or heard her speak but what Tony said spoke volumes. His hair is grayer and so much more thin after the chemo treatment.

Instead of moo being glad that her husband is in a position that he loves and is probably less stress than radio or TV, I am certain she also whined how the $168,000 or so a year was not enough to live in a certain standard in D.C. Will the children appreciate his sacrifice? I. Think. NOT! All the kids and the missus want is more money to buy more THIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is like Srila Prabhupada said in the Hare Krishna movement how being a "householder" aka married man with kids is really being in the clutches of "maya" (shit of the world). Prabhupada said in one of his books The Law of Karma how the wives NEVER appreciate the hard work of the men but only demand more and then act as if he is useless when the husbands age and do not earn as much.
Anonymous User
September 03, 2007
I was able to get out of the stressful restaurant biz several years ago, because Catdaddy earns enough money to support us both, and we don't have kids. We live in a rather expensive area (Boston, MA), and he makes just under $100,000/year. But we live very well on that, because we don't have brats and all of the expense that goes along with them.

Now, I am able to stay at home and earn some bucks doing freelance work on the web, which has helped pay for vacations and nice dinners out and all. I'm happy, Catdaddy's happy. He likes his job. We have a nest egg for retirement. Compared to most people we know, we have very little debt.

But I have to laugh when Catdaddy tells me about some of his co-workers. They make about the same money as he does, but are forever whining about how fucking broke they are all the time. The big difference between them and him is that they all have kids and non-working wives. They drive Hugh Jass SUVs and live in McMansions in pricey neighborhoods...all the stuff that breeders like to do.

Life is so much better without kids! But I'm preaching to the choir here on that one!
September 04, 2007
Jesus christ, he just had a recurrance of cancer in March - that was just 5 months ago and now he's expected to change jobs to earn more money and add stress to his life????? Readying his kids for college? Haven't those brats ever heard of a STUDENT LOAN? And his wife, a former secretary of some newspaper, sounds like she needs to break out her heels and suits and get her lazy ass back to work.

Here's how the scenario at my house would play out if I were Tony Snow:

"OK folks, listen up. I have cancer. I need to beat this. I cannot change jobs because it would only add stress to my life, and that can't happen. Wife, you are going to get out and work. Period. Kids, looks like you'll be taking student loans for college."

I mean holy fuck, where's the consideration for this poor man? If that were my dad, my ass would already be at the bank filling out loan applications - which I did for my own education because my parents could not afford it.

But, I'm sure in typical entitlement-minded breeder form, his wifey probably figures she'd be better off fiancially with him dead.
September 04, 2007
Tony Snow is an A1 douchebag and I have no sympathy for him, mostly because I believe he's an evil tool. Fine, he got the cancer and must battle it...so do thousands of people every year, most of whom don't have the powerful friends, income and benefits he has. He married that woman and made those children with her, so I'm guessing he knows full well what his life expectations are. If $168,000 isn't enough for his family of 4, he's more stupid and spineless than I'd thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login