Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congratulations, Leigh! (# 787)

Posted by Nour 
Nour
Congratulations, Leigh! (# 787)
January 05, 2006
Good for you, Leigh! You are doing what you think is best for you, and that is all that matters. Let us know how things go. I will have a drink in your honor this weekend. smiling smiley
Cambion
Re: Congratulations, Leigh! (# 787)
January 05, 2006
Congrats to you, girl. It's good to know no one talked you out of what you want to do. I hope someone throws you a "I'm never going to have any damn kids" party. Good luck with everything ^-^
I love the "what if you change your mind" question. I just think of all the people who have had kids (like 14 year olds) and then they realize how hard it is..and change THEIR minds. Then what do you do?? Congrats on the surgery.
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 05, 2006
PS, my thoughts exactly! I have oodles of parent/breeder friends who have told me in confidence that they wish they had the decision to do over again.

Congrads to you Leigh!
Anonymous User
January 05, 2006
very good... bit of a little 'ouchy' but far better in the long run...
are you sure you haven't read that site 101 reasons not to have a tubal ??
anyway, make sure they take out a good long section of it... not leave about 1/2 inch 'just in case ye change yer mind'...
CF Scorpio
January 05, 2006
Good luck, Leigh! Let us know how it goes!
sprogless
January 05, 2006
Congratulations, Leigh! I wish you a speedy recovery and the best permanently cf life you could wish for!
OMG, two cents!!
I had not come across that Website, "101 Reasons Not to Have a Tubal."
LMAO!!
My favorite reasons?
-Because all your kids could be killed in a bombing of a federal building. (Puh-lease)
-Ovulation won't mean anything anymore. (Sniff)
-You could feel less of a woman. (Just...LMAO)
-Because you might win the lottery. (Chances are better that I'll get struck by lightening or get killed in the bombing of federal building.)
And what I think is the funniest:
-It's like giving up future babies.
(Wait, you mean I would be giving up something I wouldn't be getting anyway??!!)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Anonymous User
January 05, 2006
I should have added a
glad you got is as 'tongue in cheek' reference.
of course, I'm a tad surprised you haven't seen it yet, but always fun to discover something for the first time.
Fattie
January 05, 2006
Congrats, Leigh! Hopefully someone will throw you a tubal litigation party!
When I get the $ to do so, I'm getting my tubes tied as well and I'm throwing a BIG-ass party to celebrate and everyone's invited!
Anonymous User
January 05, 2006
Congrats on the snippage, Leigh! Hope the surgery goes well, and I wish you a long and happy CHILD-FREE life!

I raise my wine glass to you!
Rock on! Take it easy, and you'll be better sooner than you'll expect...and having all the sex you want without ever worring about a missed period again! HUZZAH!

Can anyone post the link to 101 reason not to have a tubal? It looks horrifying.
Here is the "101 Reasons Not to Have a Tubal" site.
Prepare to be enlightened. *eyeroll*

http://www.tubalinfo.org/reasons.htm

Leigh
January 08, 2006
Thanks to everyone for your congrats and support!
The surgery went great and now I am in healing stage which isn't too bad since they gave me good drugs. LOL.

In fact the after part is less of a pain then I thought it would be and it sure as hell is less of a pain then having and raising some brat for the rest of my life!

And if anyone is interested (because I didn't know this) if you do the band around your tubes (verses the springs) then you are pretty much immediately sterile verses having to wait like 6 weeks for scarring with the other. Whoooo hoooo...

The thought of NEVER having a brat fills me with such glee!
Everyone on this board rocks. It makes me feel so great knowing that there are other CF people out there like me!

And my family, who didn't understand why I didn't want kids and tried to talk me out of it, to their credit were great about calling to check on me. Guess they understood it was my decision!

Thanks ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.