Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just go to Toys 'R Us, or work at a daycare center....

Posted by Annie 
Clueless, they name is TMC!!!!!

"I'm glad I have daughters so that I can play barbies again."

me too (2)
email a friend

I'm SO glad I have a paying job (with disposable income), am childfree, and I can go to the toy store and buy any damned toy I want (and still get to sleep in as late as I want).

Why are these women so bloody stupid?????????

What's worse is that their poor kids are inheriting their piss poor genetics.

I need major Tylenol with codeine, STAT!!!!
Re: Just go to Toys 'R Us, or work at a daycare center....
September 07, 2007
Gah. My first job was at Kay-Bee toys...though a better name would have been Kay Bee daycare. Parents would just leave their kids there and return expecting the 3.25/hr staff of teenagers would have been looking after them.
I hear you, Feh. I've worked at libraries, and it never failed to disgust me how many moomies think libraries are daycare centers (for kids and subhuman teenagers). They dumb their sprog there and don't pick them up for hours (some didn't even bother to do that, and the police were called to get on their respective/clueless asses).

In the Reference section of the library it was routinely vetoed about putting crayons/coloring books available for parents for the above stated reason. They didn't want an area that was basically an area for researchers/students to become the daycare from hell.

When I head my own library, I'm going to call police and child services as SOP. I think aside from the children's section of libraries, the rest of library space should be available for those who want to read/think or a respite from a noisy world.

I seem to be in the minority (at least the hellhole area of the south where I reside).

Happy Friday, CF's!
September 07, 2007
oh our library is good.. we have a childrens section, which is fine, and a reference one, and the main one.. except on thursdays, weight watchers take over the childrens, so the kids are pushed into the main ones, running around.

of course we also live near a school and its known the parents tell their kids to go to the library, and do your homework, or whatever, for 2 hours till i come and get you..

(oh and there is 2 rooms in the back where they could make into weight watchers and a kiddies place no worries and let the people use the library to actually borrow books

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
These stories make me so angry. Why do these parents leave their kids alone or let them run wild in public places? Grrr.

When I was a child, my mom took me to the library every 2 weeks or so. I was taught to be quiet and whisper if I needed to talk at all. I enjoyed checking out books or reading quietly while my mom looked around.

Teaching respect in public places seems to be a thing of the past, but it CAN be done, parents.
September 10, 2007
I remember in elementary school, one thing the library teacher (reinforced by the regular classroom teacher) pounded into our heads was to be quiet in the library. There were real consequences for acting out, and the threat of the principal's paddle was always looming over us. This wasn't that long ago, in the grand scheme of things; I'm talking about the mid-to-late 80s/early 90s. I can't believe that this aspect of courtesy and common sense has gone out the window.
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gah. My first job was at Kay-Bee toys...though a
> better name would have been Kay Bee daycare.
> Parents would just leave their kids there and
> return expecting the 3.25/hr staff of teenagers
> would have been looking after them.

I always mention how stupid ass parents do this, and it pisses me off. A toy or department store is NOT a day care center! Collect your brats and do not PASS GO, stupid moos! LOL
Another great "babysitting" job is lifeguarding. I worked as a lifeguard at our town pool during highschool and college. You wouldn't believe the parents who dropped off their kids who couldn't swim for the entire day. I guess $2.50 in "babysitting" fees for the entire day is worth your child's safety being at risk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login