Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comment for Breeders on Vacation

Posted by Freedom 
Freedom
Comment for Breeders on Vacation
January 05, 2006
DH and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon over 2 yrs ago and we couldn't believe the amount of people on the plane with their damn toadlers! DH and I looked at each other and said that a plane and a place like Hawaii is not for brats! Having brats lactching on parents on any trip is NOT a vacation! I don't care what breeders may say, but who the hell wants to travel with brats!!! DH and I love to travel around the world and I have gotten a comment from DH's cousin saying taht we can still travel with kids and go to Disney World, instead of other places! NO THANKS! NEVER! PUKE PUKE!! DH's cousin went last year to Disney World with 2 yr old brat and 9 yr old cousin and this year went with the same brat who is 3 and with her 6 month old infant and took DH's niece who is 6 yrs old! To me this would be HELL not a vacation. DH has always wanted to go to Disney World as a child and never got a chance because parents were poor. Now since he has the oportunity he wants to go one day. I would be scared to go because of all the breeders and brats that would be sworming in Orlando. I rather go to a place like San Francisco where you don't see hardly any breeders and brats or some other destination (if there are any still out there) since these damn breeders bring their damn brats EVERYWHERE!!
sprogless
Re: Comment for Breeders on Vacation
January 06, 2006
Hee Hee...
Anything Disney is the last place you ever want to be! I got chucked out of Disneyland a few years ago. If you go, don't argue with any breeders, even when they knock you over with their strollers. According to the Goof Troop (security), the breeders are always right. I imagine Disney World is pretty much the same.
Cambion
January 06, 2006
You can't ever have the words "kids" and "vacation" in the same sentence, unless there's a word like "ruined", "destroyed", "hell", or anything else negative in there too.

It's NOT a vacation if there's kids - Freedom has made that point clear in her reply too. Kids don't need vacations, because their whole damn lives up until they get to high school is practically a vacation.

Also, I don't think I'd last in any Disney place myself. It's going to be infested up the ass with breeders and cunt-demons. I hope all the workers there get hefty wages for having to deal with woodstocks of brats every day.
Fattie
January 07, 2006
Here's an article I found breeder's on vacations:

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10663352/site/newsweek/?GT1=7538

The 'Familymoon'
Now that most remarriages involve kids, travel companies and experts say it's time to face facts. Bring them along. You can have wine and roses any time.

By Susan H. Greenberg and Anna Kuchment
Newsweek

Jan. 9, 2006 issue - Cathy Wright's second honeymoon wasn't exactly the lush romantic getaway most newlyweds imagine. For one thing, she and her new husband, George, spent a night camped out in a cave. For another, they had company: her two teenage sons. Together, the four hiked, caved, rappelled and sailed their way around Belize for eight days last April. Since it was a second marriage for both of them, the couple was less concerned with finding time alone than with building ties together. "We wanted to make it more of a family-bonding experience," says Wright, 42. "We had to interact with each other the entire time." When the couple stayed alone in the cave, the boys, 13 and 14, slept right outside in the jungle with guides—and plenty of snakes. It turned out to be everyone's favorite night of the trip. "I couldn't imagine going on a honeymoon and excluding the two people who mean most to you," says Wright. "All those shared experiences—it's a great way to start a new life together."

For couples with children who are tying the knot, the biggest challenge is creating an instant family. And increasingly, they are confronting that challenge beginning with the wedding and honeymoon. "Up until very recently, couples would go away, come back and tell the kids they were married," says Donna Ennis, founder of idotaketwo.com, a Web site devoted to second-marriage issues and etiquette. Now they are more inclined to include the children in the wedding planning, the ceremony and even the honeymoon. "It helps them feel like they're making a family, rather than that their parents are just getting married," says Ennis.

The destination-wedding industry has quickly seized on the trend. Teresa Belcher, president of the travel-planning firm Honeymoon Islands, says she has seen a 25 percent increase since 2001 in couples who choose to get married at resorts with their children and various other relatives in tow. She sends clients to family-friendly places in Hawaii, Barbados, Italy—and the Four Seasons Nevis, where kids can adopt baby sea turtles and monitor their progress. "Moms and dads are happy when kids are happy," she says. As part of its "Familymoon" package, Beaches resorts help organize wedding ceremonies that involve children; Joann Delgin, director of wedding strategy for Sandals and Beaches, says some couples give all their kids rings during the service, or have each person place a scoop of sand in a single vessel to signify their forming a family. Beaches resorts can provide butler services, kid-friendly food and Sesame Street activities. And when mom and dad want privacy, there's always baby-sitting. "You want to focus on the fact that they're blending their families, but you also want to give the couple some romantic time alone," says Delgin.

Blended families need all the help they can get. According to E. Mavis Hetherington, emeritus professor at the University of Virginia and an expert on stepfamilies, about 55 percent of remarriages end in divorce. Of those involving children, the number of failed remarriages hovers around 60 percent. But there is a growing movement among therapists to provide specialized services to help stepfamilies beat those odds. "Talk about a niche market—it's huge and growing all the time," says Emily Bouchard, a therapist and founder of blended-families.com who often conducts therapy sessions for busy family members via cell phone, e-mail and even Instant Message. "Blended families have very special needs."

One of the greatest obstacles they have to overcome is the romanticized portrayal of stepfamilies in pop culture—from "The Brady Bunch" to recent films like "Yours, Mine and Ours" and "Cheaper by the Dozen 2." "These are feel-good movies, but it's not necessarily a feel-good situation," says Yvonne Kelly, who, with her husband, Rick, founded the Toronto-based Step and Blended Family Institute, which advises other professionals on counseling blended families. She says that for blended families, unlike nuclear ones, "conflicts of loyalty between the blood bond and the sexual bond" underlie everything. Her goal is to help couples with children adjust their expectations. "There is tremendous relief for people to hear me say, 'You don't have to love these children. You just have to care for them and respect them'," says Kelly. Lisa and David Boux, who each came to their marriage with two sons and then had a daughter together, attribute the relative smoothness of their blended family in part to their weekly three-way call with Yvonne. "She lets you know that what you're feeling is OK," says Lisa.

Religious leaders are joining the cause. Ron Deal, family-life minister for the Southwest Church of Christ in Jonesboro, Ark., and author of "The Smart Stepfamily," is one of a small but growing number of pastors focused on ministering specifically to blended families in his community. He organizes counseling sessions and educational groups, and last year developed a kit to help other churches start their own blended-family curriculums. Bob Tousey, an independent Catholic deacon in Baltimore, recently set up a series of premarriage classes catering to issues unique to blended families. The top two: attitudes toward discipline and dealing with the exes.

Marie Parks, 42, knows the difficulties firsthand. She has three children, 24, 14 and 12, from her first marriage. When she first started dating Paul MacIntyre, 43, a father of two, she butted heads with his elder daughter because the girl was used to being "the lady of the house," says Parks. But through open communication and good humor, they survived. In fact, they more than survived; in June, the couple, their children and any other relatives who want to show up will head down to the Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos to get married. "The wedding is sort of secondary because we're all going to be together," she says. And she and the girls have already picked out their dresses.

With Sana Butler

© 2006 Newsweek, Inc.
BLEEEAAAUUURRRGGG!

I mean, yeah, it's nice that they're at least trying to get the family together, but it's kind of sad that there's so much divorce and remarrage that there has to be a whole industry and ministry to specifically deal with these "blended" famblies.

KidFreeLuvnLife
January 11, 2006
I agree. I think parents need a trip away without their brats - since they were dumb enough to have them in the first place. It's not the kids who do anything that they need a break from - it's the parents who work themselves half to death to pay for Bratlina's braces, Snotleigh's $500 toys, and Bitchass's cell phone bills. Kids bitch and moan that "I waannnnaaa goooooo" but they need to realize that mom and dad need time away from them or they'll end up getting divoced (which is inevitable anyway). My family and my dad's sister's family went to the shore every year together and the older cousins had to watch the younger ones for 2-3 nites while my mom, dad, aunt and uncle went out and a nice adult evening without the kids.
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 11, 2006
I just read that article in it's entirety - the one posted by Fattie. What total bullshit. That article is proof that the kids in this world do not know their place. There is a time and a place for kids, they don't need to be included in every single event and if they get mad - tough shit. Deal with it.
Anonymous User
January 11, 2006
did that influence your decision to be child free?
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 11, 2006
Na, I always knew I wanted to be kid-free, never played with dolls, etc. Never liked kids even as a kid. LOL Took much more of an interest in animals than people. I still am pretty much the same in that aspect.
Cambion
January 11, 2006
I had a similar personality when I was young. I took a liking more to animals than humans, and I started to hate kids when I was about 8 years old.

My only difference was that I actually did have a couple of those baby dolls that are oh-so-popular among little girls. Anyone remember the Baby Alive dolls? Where you mix the powder with water and it becomes "food" for the doll, and then it would shit out the same food a couple of minutes later?

I had one of those, and I recall so clearly scraping the food out of the diaper and off the doll's ass and feeding it back to the doll, over and over for about a half hour. But then I got tired of the shitting doll and I stuffed Tootsie rolls down its throat and up its ass so I wouldn't need to clean or feed it again. I also drew all over her face. Then again, most of my dolls ended up with ink, lipstick, or nail polish on their faces. I was also very fond of stripping and beheading my Barbies.

Now I understand that as a sign that, not only do I hate kids, but if I were to have them, I'd probably end up neglecting them all to hell.

And as I type this, I am being serenaded by the sound of a bunch of brats screaming bloody murder outside my apartment.
CF 4 Ever
January 11, 2006
Blended Families are always a pain in the arse. They either (a) don't work at all, or (b) function with strained relationships. "You're not my daddy!!" and "You're not my mommy!" always loom in the eaves. Kids ruin everything.
Anonymous User
January 11, 2006
Hey Cambion, there was an article a while back: apparently barbie dolls (I always despised that doll for some reason..never had one) are the most mutilated and destroyed toy out there..
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.