Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2456: Green = no kids

Posted by cfhistorian 
cfhistorian
2456: Green = no kids
September 16, 2007
Hey Merc, thanks for the article...it was great. That line about mothers being the "last sacred cows" had me hysterical..."cows," how true! No one has yet asked me what I'm doing for the environment, but if it ever comes up, I'm telling them that I'm childfree, and therefore doing far more than they ever could, if they're planning on breeding or already have.
Re: 2456: Green = no kids
September 16, 2007
Great article indeed. Although she is ruining it a bit in the end there, saying it was not her choice. I hope she's not just saying that to please the breeders.
Anonymous User
September 17, 2007
This is my answer, as I'm sure it won't be published, as usual.

So Sarah, we need to have children to know what's best for the Earth? Unless we pop one out we know zilch? Think again. The childfree are the only ones with objective valid arguments and should be rewarded for not having kids.
We certainly don't need more people. There are plenty of people who could contribute to society who are already there, abandoned children who need a home. But that ain't going to happen as most baby rabid people think the only valid child has their own DNA and keep popping them, because they love the attention they get. And screw the earth with its limited resources.
Anonymous User
September 17, 2007
This amused me:

"A brood is the ultimate badge of goodness, used by everyone from the Blairs to the Camerons to the horrid, high-maintenance mum who lives not far from me, who is always posting "Do not ring bell, baby sleeping!" signs on her front door, but then takes the wretched child to a fashion show where the decibels surpass rock-concert levels."

If I was passing a house with a 'Do not ring bell, baby sleeping!' sign, I'd ring that fucking bell then run away and keep on doing it.

The human race is rampantly self-centred and children are the most obvious manifestation of that selfishness.
September 20, 2007
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great article indeed. Although she is ruining it a
> bit in the end there, saying it was not her
> choice. I hope she's not just saying that to
> please the breeders.

Possibly...the woman really did want that little screamer so she is on the childfree bandwagon to keep herself busy...although too many want to please breeders by claiming they "can't" have children. Just my opinion...eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login