Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry # 805

Posted by Fattie 
Fattie
Entry # 805
January 08, 2006
More on this story:

(Source: http://www.wdtn.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=20282)

Clark County Mother Faces Child Endangering Charges
Dated: 01/08/2006 12:02:44 AM

A Clark County mother faces four charges of child endangering.

Deputies found her three toddlers and a newborn baby outside in bitter cold conditions.

"This is the worst report I've seen in recent times," said Sgt. Timothy Pollock of the Clark County Sheriff's Office. "A couple of children had feces about their body and urine."

Deputies say the children were outside playing in the cold with no hats, gloves, or coats. A concerned neighbor in the Honey Creek Mobile Park called police. They found Rosetta Welbaum, 25, asleep on the couch.

"The conditions that were there, were horrible," Sgt. Pollock said. "The mother should be more responsible, especially when the children are not even of school age."

Welbaum just gave birth to a fourth child last week. Authorities say the newborn was in the worst shape when they arrived.

"We found the infant to be face down, red and cold, got a core temp of 95 degrees, which was technically hypothermia."

The seven-day-old and his two-year-old brother were rushed to the hospital, where they were treated and released into their father's custody.

The mother of four sits in jail, and is due in court Monday morning.

Children Services is familiar with the Pike Township home. They'd been there earlier this week. Officials called conditions there poor, but decided not to take action. Authorities are now asking them to reopen their investigation.

Anonymous User
Re: Entry # 805
January 08, 2006
What the FUCK is the matter with people? I don't like kids, but still, I hate to hear about them being abused and neglected like this. They didn't ask to be born to this useless moo.

This is definitely a case in which mandatory sterilization is needed! She's 25 and already has FOUR kids? She's just gonna keep a-poppin' them out forever, and it is a crime that something cannot be done about it.
Feh
January 09, 2006
At least give her some crack or meth so she can stay awake enough to look out the window once in a while.
Cambion
January 09, 2006
Why do I have this feeling that, when this two-watt moo gets out of prison, she's going to throw another litter of sprogs to make up for the ones that were [hopefully] taken into foster care or given to another home?

"Oh no, those mean people took my baybeees! How dare they take them from such a loving, wonderful home. Now I'll need to have more so my life will be complete!"

Catmommy is right - this story screams "mandatory sterilization". I hate kids with a damn passion, but I do not like seeing them being abused by dumb people who were not meant to be parents and were obviously too stupid to understand their own boundaries.
Lady Cooper
January 09, 2006
I don't like kids too much either, but the reason they're so bratty is because of their parents who let them act like that and who won't discipline them.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.