Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2480 Becoming one of "them"

Posted by amethusos* 
2480 Becoming one of "them"
October 05, 2007
The new moo who looked down on the pretentious SAHMs but realising at the end how she was just as shallow does not stun me in the least, Catmeow! Most women believe they will be so "different" when they breed. Women I used to like as friends always changed once that baby was born.

I used to work in a car dealership. A woman, who was younger than me, was just Jonesing for the new Odyssey, Honda's new minivan model that was the thing in 2002. Classic Honda was out of the one she wanted as these things were literally flying off the lot. The new car manager was having one transferred in but the moo ended up pressuring her husband to get one that very night at Universal Honda which more of a drive out by Disney.

Good gods...the manager and the salesman, who spent TIME with this couple, were more than a little PO'd. There went this guy's commission. I worked the front desk as a receptionist so all I got to hear was this SAHMoo of one toadler go on how she was SOOOOOOO excited to get an Odyssey...BUT...she also said how she never thought she would be one of those moms who were into a minivan. I am certain the husband was going to find his youngish moo-wife boring and would rather look elsewhere. I thought the woman to be pitiful.

Around the same time, I knew another expectant moo, who worked for a friend of mine in his cool ethnic boutique. This 40/year-old first time moo-to-be thought she was so hip and sexy with her sheer maternity tops and tight leggings. Right-o! Like the guys were checking her out when she walked down Park Avenue once she parked her car and was walking to work. And...she sent over all of these fancy photos of the new baby.

Last I heard years ago, Mrs. Trendy Moo was still titfeeding the toddler at age 2. She never went back to work but satellites around her child 24/7. Her younger husband cut off the dreadlocks so he could advance at Veritas Semantic. I am sure the call center girls looked better and better. No matter high-end the housemoo is, she still cannot compete against women who are more interesting...
Re: 2480 Becoming one of "them"
October 05, 2007
What a pile of crap from a bunch of stupid holes.
Really? An $800 stroller to keep up with the other moomies. I guess this is why kids are in strollers until they're 10 now. If I paid $800 for something, I'd better get YEARS of use out of it.

""I found myself checking out other women's strollers the way I used to check out shoes," she said. "I started wondering what their strollers said about them."
And what not having one would say about her."
Um, it says they're stupid cows who have children so they can buy more brand name accessories, and now you are one too. You'll make a GREAT mom pressuring your child to be the most popular and most fashionable snot nose in school.

"McCavanagh is one of many new parents surprised by a flood of new parental instincts, one of which is stroller envy."
I do not know that one-upsmanship, social positioning based on products and greed were parental instincts.

"Guilt is also a great motivator, she said. Many parents work long hours and may feel less guilty about it if their kids have the best - and most expensive - of everything" LIES!!! INFANTS DON'T KNOW and TODDLERS DON'T CARE! These are probably the same assbags who say "it's soo expensive to have a bayyyyyybbeeee" and refuse to, oh gosh I dunno, STAY THE FUCK HOME FOR A COUPLE YEARS until the shitloaf learns to use it's inside voice.

Gah! I hate them. I hate them all.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Nour
October 05, 2007
I know this is gonna sound crazy, but my parents didn’t use a stroller. My brother (1 year, 1 week, 1 day younger) didn’t have one either. As a baby, I was carried by my parents until I could walk. By the time my brother was born, I was walking around.
I grew up in a very rural area, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.
October 05, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new moo who looked down on the pretentious
> SAHMs but realising at the end how she was just as
> shallow does not stun me in the least, Catmeow!
> Most women believe they will be so "different"
> when they breed. Women I used to like as friends
> always changed once that baby was born.
>

I'm not stunned at this, but disgusted and pissed off because these are the assholes who claim that they need more of our earnings to get "necessities" for their crotchshit. A fucking $1,000 (as in one brat tax credit) stroller is NOT necessary, and I owe nothing to breeders for any reason.

Anyone who needs to compete with others to have the biggest stroller, McMansion, minivan or whatever is fucking insecure in a big way.

Many women change for the worse as soon as they know they're repugnant. It's best that you make the breeders-to-be ex-friends before they beg for pricey shower presents, baby-sitting and anything else from you.
Anonymous User
October 06, 2007
My mother raised five of us without any type of stroller. You got carried until you could walk. Period. I was three years old when my family traveled to Mammoth Cave. Because there was a new baby, me and my four year old sister had to walk. And walk we did. Dad swears we walked seven miles underground over two days.

My nieces did not walk seven total miles in their first ten years of life.
CFBitchfromLA
October 06, 2007
The only designers I ever knew were named JC Penney, Sears & Roebuck and May Company (LA). I never had all of that designer shit until I was older and actually had some cognizance of it through Cosmo and other magazines. I still bought my clothing at reasonable prices, but never got caught up in that bullshit until I could afford it.

Designer clothing, S-moo-Vs and all of the other shit are not necessities for the little fuckwads.
October 08, 2007
"The only designers I ever knew were named JC Penney, Sears & Roebuck and May Company (LA)."
Hehehe...never heard of May Company, but when I got my first store bought clothes from S&R, I thought I was Queen Shit of Fashion Mountain. Until then, the only designer I'd ever heard of was "grandma", who made all my clothes. I think the closest thing to a stroller that my family had was a red wagon with a blanket in it.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Annie
October 09, 2007
My dumbass niece (at the age of 5, yet!) wouldn't let her moomie buy her any clothes that weren't from JC Penny or such stores. Forget Wal-Mart or Target, K-Mart, etc. I suggested to my SIL that she show the kid the want ads and tell her to get a frigging JOB. (And I wonder why my SIL stays away from me - thank you, for that too!!!)

My niece is now 18 or so, had a sprog out of wedlock 1 year ago, and wears grungy jeans and t-shirts. A fashion plate she is not. Just shows to go you, that dumbass SIL couldn't have clothed her in K-Mart and saved some bucks.

I grew up in a house of 7, so just wearing clothes that fit (my mom made a lot of our clothes) was great.

I think the reason some people in rural areas didn't use strollers a few years back was probably because there aren't a lot of sidewalks around.

I've moved to the south (a few minutes of mourning, please) and there still aren't many sidewalks in suburban neighborhoods. People who use strollers, truck their kids around on ROADS, not the brightest idea I've ever heard.
October 09, 2007
It must suck royally to realize this is what your life has become. How pathetic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login