Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Girls who went away

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Girls who went away
October 07, 2007
I was the one who posted on the book. I never realized those girls and women were pressured into giving up their babies. Also, a couple of the women had abortions later and were NOT "haunted" by it, as the anti-abortioners would have you believe. Giving up their child had a huge and negative effect on their lives. I realize that their are some women who it wouldn't effect. But adoption is not the rosy, fluffy bunny answer to an abortion. Some adoptive parents are shits I
have noticed IRL. Also, what about all the older kids in the system?

Face it pro-liars, unless it's a healthy white baby odds are it's not going to have a very good chance.
Re: The Girls who went away
October 07, 2007
I agree with the 'healthy white baby' sentiment. I have heard quite a few stories of adoption agencies refusing to take bi-racial babies. One story in particular dealt with a young woman who was 5 months pregnant and wanted to give her child up (was pro-life) and went to speak to the agency. She told them the baby would be biracial because she was of African-American descent and the father was white. They pretty much told her to fuck off because no one would ever adopt such a child.

She ended up having to travel extremely far from home to find someone who would perform an abortion past 20 weeks.

What really flips my shit is when people get refused adoption rights because they're too fat or they smoke or are in a homosexual or inter-racial relationship, yet there are people who can adopt no problem and then they abuse the kid. Was there not some big story a while ago about people adopting Russian children and then beating them?
Anonymous User
October 07, 2007
That is terrible about that woman! Ugh, 20 weeks is so far along. I never thought anyone whould do that to someone. You should read this book. Amazing and sad. It basically colored their lives until they were able to reconnect with the child again in life. Also talked about the double standard: pregant girls were shunned, but the fathers were allowed to go on with their life.
October 08, 2007
Sharon J., that is one of my biggest issues how pregnant girls are left holding the bag while the boys/men who knocked them up get to go on with life and usually have a pretty damned good one at that! angry smiley

On a more positive note, Sharon J., smiling smiley I had an abortion in 10994 after my tubal from seven years previously failed. I never have been haunted by that abortion. In fact, I am very grateful every single day that I escaped that baby. I shudder to think the life I would have had as a single moo had I birthed that little mistake. I probably would be busting my ass off as a server as that is where the $$$ is to be made if one does not have a college degree in a line of work that is needed. I would have aching feet, a more hardened heart due to living in a shit hole apartment as I could not afford more, and no love for a child I felt as an albatross around my neck.

My abortion -- 12/04/94 -- was the best thing ever...and I went out on the 5th to celebrate. band playing music

Cambion, you are right how how anti-abortion people only want more "healthy white babies" for the adoption pool. Most biracial or handicapped babies or children end up in foster homes. The only time pro-lifers will adopt one of these kids is to they can have bragging rights of "how wonderful they are for giving these poor, poor kids a home". I am certain these children have to hear it every-fucking-day how they should be "grateful" to be adopted. That happens to the "healthy white children" as well...
k-man
October 08, 2007
The old double standard was cruel, but based on my reading of what was going on then only people of a certain status took this route of sending away their pregnant daughters to have the baby given up for adoption. In other words, primarily the wealthy did this.

For almost everyone else, papa didn't typically get off scot-free back then. That was where the shotgun wedding came in.

Because of the scourge of single parenting, I have been advocating declaring a single mother and the father married once the woman gives birth, unless the couple agrees to give the child up for sealed adoption at birth. That would be the equivalent of a shotgun wedding, and it might encourage more responsibility on everybody's part. DNA testing to confirm the father's identity would be necessary, but in our Big Brother society a DNA databank is coming soon enough anyway. If such a rule encourages more abortions, well, so be it: we have too many ill-prepared and ill-qualified people crapping out loaves anyway.
Acme
October 08, 2007
If I could make a law...

Anyone who wants their precious, precious, precious white healthy baby must take someone else first. If you don't, no adoption for you.

Of course, it's impossible to make that stick...
October 09, 2007
If somebody is so desperate for a chyld, claims they will be a STELLAR parent, will buy the kid everything and teach it so many things, and all that bullshit, it shouldn't matter what color the child is. Oh, but maybe they mean they can only be a good parent to a white child.

I'm white and dammit, I see that prejudiced bullshit myself!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login