Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hypocrisy on Jezebel

Posted by Pepper 
Pepper
Hypocrisy on Jezebel
October 16, 2007
Sigh.

One of my favorite blogs, Jezebel, has managed to piss me off once again. Here in the link below they manage to criticize a really sexist toy commercial for girls...that's the good news, because the commercial really IS horrific.

http://jezebel.com/gossip/clips/rose-petal-cottage-where-you-can-literally-place-little-girls-into-a-box-311591.php

However, the comments are what's getting to me.

All these pissed off "feminists" are squawking about how shockingly sexist and horrible the commercial is...YET THESE ARE THE SAME WOMEN WHO, NOT LONG AGO, WERE ALL BLEATING ON ABOUT HOW THE PRIMARY FUNCTION OF A WOMAN'S BREASTS IS TO FEED CHILDREN AND THAT BREASTFEEDING IS A BEAUTIFUL, MIRACULOUS THING THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD WITNESS, PUBLIC DECENCY BE DAMNED!!

Ugh. Is it clear enough why I'm pissed? Isn't that argument basically the same attempt at pigeonholing girls into their "proper gender role" that this commercial promotes?
Anonymous User
Re: Hypocrisy on Jezebel
October 16, 2007
Heh, I know what the primary function of MY breasts are, and it does indeed involve someone's mouth, but not some kid's... (was that coarse enough of me? smiling smiley )
Pepper
October 17, 2007
K12, That's EXACTLY what I was getting at...winking smiley
Anonymous User
October 17, 2007
Of course they HAVE to have the pretend sprog in a crib, Ugh! THAT'S what freaks me out the most.

I also REALLY hate it when some MOOOOOO says how breasts are for those baybeez. Just the thought of a twat rocket attatched to my chest like a leech makes me two faces puking
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login