Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

telling nieces, nephews, etc. why you don't want kids

Posted by Anonymous User 
What do you say to a kid who asks why you don't have kids? I don't feel like ranting and railing at a kid, and he's probably not going to listen to reason. Do you just tell him to mind his own business? Does it depend on age?
Re: telling nieces, nephews, etc. why you don't want kids
October 22, 2007
Childfree Chicago Lawyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you say to a kid who asks why you don't
> have kids? I don't feel like ranting and railing
> at a kid, and he's probably not going to listen to
> reason. Do you just tell him to mind his own
> business? Does it depend on age?

I just tell them that if I had my own kids, nieces/nephews would get very little time from me. They do not want that, do they? And once they are older, they usually start hating kids, so they do not bother.
October 22, 2007
HA! I was asked this question just this past weekend by my near-4 year old nephew. I told him "because I knew someday my little brother would have kids and I wanted to be able to devote all my time on his kids rather than having any of my own."

Needless to say, I received the "Cool Aunt" designation for the day. LOL
October 22, 2007
I've fed a similar line to my SO's nieces when they've been prompted by their parents to ask when we're going to have kids. Yes, that's right, their parents (so's sisters) prompt the little darlings to ask me when they've run out of bingos.

I always make sure to tell them "We would never have children, we want to be able to spoil you!" Not like they aren't already spoiled, but at least I never have to say No.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 22, 2007
ChicagoLawyer, I am very upfront and make it very clear that I do not want a snatchdragon in my face yelling, screaming, and throwing tantrums. I don't have to fucking be "nice". yawning smiley If friends, relatives, co-workers, or other breeders keep up, I just calmly ask them, "Why is it so important to YOU that I have a baby?" That sends them running in the other direction. I am very hardcore CF... grinning smiley
"What do you say to a kid who asks why you don't have kids?"

"well, you little jerk, I'm afraid if I had some, they would turn out just like your rotten little ass." grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login