Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

817 - Car pool lane

Posted by PS 
PS
817 - Car pool lane
January 12, 2006
I don't think this was the first time this has been challanged by a mother to be. My boyfriend was telling me how it had been challanged once near where he lived, and it made the papers. So, he was driving in the carpool lane with a dead body in the back, (he is a Funeral Director) when he got pulled over by the cop. He assured the police officer he was not alone in the car, and that he was not aware that the law required the people to be alive. He offered to let the cop check to make sure someone was in back but the police officer passed. lol He was then told to not do it again, and was allowed to leave.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: 817 - Car pool lane
January 12, 2006
PS, your story is PRICELESS!! LOL
CF Scorpio
January 12, 2006
People can try to get by on technicalities all they want, but the fact is that HOV lanes were created to help ease traffic congestion and to encourage people to carpool who would otherwise all be driving separate cars.

Anyone who tries to pass off a dead body or an incubating fetus as a legitimate HOV carpool buddy should be ashamed of themselves! They are contributing to pollution and traffic congestion.
Feh
January 12, 2006
HAR!!! He should have put the corpse in the passenger seat.
Cambion
January 12, 2006
Hahaha, that was a great story, PS.

I tihnk I wrote this in the entry I made, but I'll say it again..my driver's-ed instructor told my class that people would put blow-up dolls in the passanger seat so they could use the carpool lane. Still, that's not as bad as using a fetus as a "passanger".

The next step is people with split or multiple personalities using the carpool lane.
Anonymous User
January 12, 2006
One can be annoyed and also laugh at the logic of the situation.
January 12, 2006
I think only other licensed drivers should be able to qualify as passengers for the purposes of carpool lanes. Otherwise, the whole objective of the lanes is circumvented.

Yep, that means moos and duhs taking their pre-pubescent, and younger, kids to school/daycare/soccer shouldn't count.
Anonymous User
January 12, 2006
Weeeeeeell...I mostly agree with you, guest, about driving sproggen around. But what if Suzy Soccermom is driving a carpool of other people's kids to school, practice, or whatever? If she's got her own kids, plus three or four others that don't belong to her in the moo-mobile, I think she'd be entitled to use the HOV lane. The way I see it, she's keeping three or four other moo-mobiles off the roads, so it does count as a carpool, even if they are kyds.
January 12, 2006
Shit, you're right catmom. Yeah, it starts to get tricky, huh? <scratches head?
cheeselouise
January 12, 2006
Yet another shining example of breeder hypocrisy. Pregmoos and breeders pull this shit with the HOV lanes where they want their spawn considered the same as adults, yet at the same time they want everything ELSE to be "kids eat/stay/fly/ride for FREE!" Well, which is it? CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, you hypocritical shitheads!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.