Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders and Children's Book Censorship

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Breeders and Children's Book Censorship
November 30, 2007
Take a look at this tasty tidbit in my local paper. Can you believe shit shit? Once again, narrow-minded breeders wanting to make the rules for everyone.

Foam pad the world, we can't let the children be exposed to this horrific fact of life.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_5king.6161310nov30,0,2885794.story
Re: Breeders and Children's Book Censorship
November 30, 2007
Oh my god! Their children know that homosexuals exist!!
The horror...the horror.

I'm sure we'll see a lawsuit in about 10 years claiming the book "made my child gay".

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
November 30, 2007
She couldn't spare the 47 seconds it would have taken to read through the book on her own BEFORE she read it to her kid -- just to make sure there was nothing "offensive" in it?
December 03, 2007
I remember in high school how Ms. magazine got banned from the school's library. It was done by a nasty moo who probably did not want her daughter or other girls to know they had a right to enjoy sexuality or to make choices for their lives other than the sexist way a female is supposed to live. It is only getting worse...
Anonymous User
December 03, 2007
Stephanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She couldn't spare the 47 seconds it would have
> taken to read through the book on her own BEFORE
> she read it to her kid -- just to make sure there
> was nothing "offensive" in it?

No way. This kind of mentality is a result of a complete inability to learn from one's mistakes. "I didn't think before I acted, and I didn't like the consequences. I will therefore make everyone else accomodate me so I never have to suffer consequences again!"

The correct response to such a learning experience is "My, that was awkward and upsetting. I think I will pre-read books before I read them to my child from now on."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login