Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Someone please tell me

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Someone please tell me
December 27, 2007
First off, let me say I am 100% CF, and I like it that way. Over the Christmas holidays, I observed certain family members with children, and the high-end items said kids received. One of the kids got an $800.00 flat screen tv for Christmas. Now, here's what I will never be able to figure out. I have heard the parents say how nasty and disrespectful the kids are at times, how they back talk, etc, but then the parents go out and buy all sorts of bling during the holidays. I have a theory as to why this particular set of parents does this, and it is because of the lack of material things they themselves did not have. Now, is it just me, or are said parents somehow deluded into thinking that somehow the past can be undone by buying things that no teen should ever have? Oh yeah...before I forget, when it came to buying a car for the new teen driver, the car wasn't good enough, so that one was parked, and another was bought. And parents wonder how it is that kids get so spoiled. I say, get a fucking after-school job and buy your own damn car, and pay for the car insurance too!
Re: Someone please tell me
December 28, 2007
It's part of the LifeScript(TM). And since pahrunts have shat out their brains with the placenta, they find it impossible to think for themselves. Poor bastards.
December 28, 2007
When I was a sproglette growing up in the 1970's, I would roll my eyes at those older people who said kids got way too much for Christmas. Now...I am saying the same thing about Shitmas Day and the barrage of presents. I know people whose very young teens have laptops. They do not need that sort of privacy. If the little sweetie wants to go online and chat with grown men on My Space, she can do it on her parents' PC and perhaps have some supervision so no one is blaming everyone but the mother or father for not teaching their kids to b responsible.

Cellphone are another issue. I worked in that field. The only cell a kid should have if Mom or Dad are truly concerned of safety is a very cheap pre-paid phone. Once the minutes are used, that is it but the phone can still dial 911. Most kids and teens are pieces of shit. I heard one little cunt tell her mother in a calm voice to "fuck off" when the woman was calling about her daughter's cell account. Moo should have taken the phone and smacked it across the teen's face until her nose was bleeding or had to stay in for a few days due to black eyes.

I know many of the CF do not even believe in raising a hand to these children but what the fuck else works! Time outs are a joke. Grounding a kid is no big deal as there is the PC, TV, and Wii in his/her room. Talking "sense" to a child or teen is also pointless as there will be more eye rolls. We need to go back to the days of ass whippings. Many in my age group or younger who did not have any discipline did not grow up "kinder" due to not having a hand or belt taken to their ass. Instead, they act like assholes in public with no regard for anyone.
Anonymous User
December 28, 2007
I was thinking as you were, amethusos*. I just can't figure out why parents think they need to buy all kinds of expensive things for someone who probably doesn't really appreciate it anyway. When I was a kid in the 70s, we didn't have all this expensive crap. I remember something my Grandma used to say to me: "Your wants will never hurt you!". Too bad kids aren't told that these days.
December 29, 2007
I always wondered what the hell kids need cell phones for (or other expensive shit like flat-screen TVs). I went out as a young teenager with a few quarters in my pocket for a pay phone just in case there was a problem, and I was fine. I didn't end up missing or anything; I had to use that thing called common sense.
Cell phones are a great convenience, but many kids just waste the daytime minutes and send shitloads of text messages. Like amethusos*, I think the only mobile phones kids should get are those of the prepaid variety.
December 31, 2007
I know someone who has spent their entire marriage - since kidlette was born - in serious credit card debt. When kidlette was born, spouse wasn't working so everything went on credit cards. It piled and piled, and they are still shoveling on debt, and kidlette is now 14. Despite the fact that they are $40k in credit card debt, kidlette got a Wii for xmas, has a top notch laptop, 100+ inch TV in "her" living room, 2 play stations, and a host of other expensive things that families in their situation should NOT be purchasing. I have to commend them for paying it off and not claiming bankruptcy but they really should be thinking about putting away money for retirement or a rainy day. And just about the time they will be out of credit card debt, kidlette will be off to college which they no doubt, will be digging back into debt to pay for. This sort of stuff does not impress me. It does not mean you are being a better parent or whatever. It just illustrates your stupidity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login