Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo gets caught lying in her try to get girlkeed Hannah Montana tickets

Posted by catmeow 
Moo gets caught lying in her try to get girlkeed Hannah Montana tickets
December 29, 2007
Store chain withdraws Hannah Montana prize from girl whose essay falsely claimed father died in Iraq
By Associated Press
Saturday, December 29, 2007

GARLAND, Texas - A 6-year-old girl who won four tickets to a Hannah Montana concert with an essay falsely claiming her father died in Iraq isn’t going to the show after all.

The contest’s sponsor, a store chain named Club Libby Lu, withdrew the prize Saturday and awarded it to another contestant. It didn’t identify the new winner.

"With this decision, we hope to revive the intended spirit of the contest, which was designed to make a little girl’s holidays extra special," Club Libby Lu chief executive Mary Drolet said in a statement Saturday.

Officials of the Chicago-based chain surprised the girl on Friday at a Club Libby Lu store in mall in this Dallas suburb. Club Libby Lu sells clothes, accessories and games for young girls.

The girl won a makeover that included a blonde Hannah Montana wig, as well as the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert on Jan. 9.

The opening line in the essay was: "My daddy died this year in Iraq."

The girl’s mother had told Club Libby Lu officials that the girl’s father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq, company spokeswoman Robyn Caulfield said. But the mother, Priscilla Ceballos, admitted later Friday that the essay and the military information she provided about her daughter’s father were untrue.

"We did the essay and that’s what we did to win. We did whatever we could do to win," Ceballos said in an interview Friday with KDFW-TV of Dallas. "But when (Caulfield) asked me if this essay is true, I said ’No, this essay is not true.’"

The Associated Press was unable to find a phone number for Ceballos on Saturday.

Someone should send this moo to Iraq!

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
I read about this earlier this week, and I'm glad to see Bratlina got the tickets taken away from her. Of course, the pathetic MOOOOOO deserves to be punished as well-but I have a feeling hearing her little princess piss and moan about not going to the concert will be punishment enough for a while at least >smiling smiley
What a horrible little brat and breeder. Breeder needs to be charged with attempted fraud or something. Horrible! Words do not express how disgusted I am.
UNBELIEVABLE. And to think of all the kids who really HAVE lost a parent in Iraq. What a little cunt. The mother is an even bigger one.
Re: Moo gets caught lying in her try to get girlkeed Hannah Montana tickets
December 31, 2007
Follow-up:

Mother Who Wrote Fictional Essay for Hannah Montana Contest Defends Her Actions

Monday , December 31, 2007

GARLAND, Texas —
The mother who wrote a fictional essay that won her 6-year-old daughter tickets to a Hannah Montana concert said she never claimed the story she wrote about the child's father dying in Iraq was true.

"We never said anything like this was a true story — never," the mother, Priscilla Ceballos, insisted. "It was just an essay. We do essays all the time. It did not say that it had to be true."

The sponsor of the contest, Chicago-based girls clothing store Club Libby Lu, took the tickets away over the weekend after Ceballos admitted the essay she wrote was fictional. The prize has been awarded to another unnamed winner.

The tale began with the heart-stopping line: "My daddy died this year in Iraq." Ceballos wrote it for her daughter, who initially won the four tickets to the concert.

The saga began Friday with company officials surprising Ceballos' daughter at a Club Libby Lu at a mall in suburban Garland, about 20 miles northeast of Dallas.

The little girl won a makeover that included a blonde Hannah Montana wig, as well as the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to a sold-out Jan. 9 Hannah Montana concert.

The mother had told company officials that the girl's father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq, company spokeswoman Robyn Caulfield said.

"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Ceballos said in an interview with Dallas TV station KDFW. "We did whatever we could do to win."

She had identified the soldier as Sgt. Jonathon Menjivar, but the Department of Defense has no record of anyone with that name dying in Iraq. Caulfield said the mother has admitted to the deception.

"We regret that the original intent of the contest, which was to make a little girl's holiday extra special, has not been realized in the way we anticipated," said Mary Drolet, the CEO of Club Libby Lu.

"Hannah Montana" is a TV show named for its lead character, played by Miley Cyrus, about an ordinary girl who leads a secret life as a pop singer.

What a fucking cunt, trying to excuse herself! She should go to Iraq and get shot.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Wow. Just wow...what a piece of shit. Mom more so than the kyd, although sprog will probably turn out just as bad.
Don't you see?

This six-year-old girl is living a secret life as someone whose daddy died in Iraq! Therefore, she should get the tickets! tongue sticking out smiley
The moo is screaming how there were no rules in the essay contest that anything written had to be true and is demanding the tickets and other goodies.

I told my mate how single mothers are the plague of society. Anytime my old boss would have me train on at the security site on a quiet Saturday, I thought how I was wasting my time. Either the moo's security license would have been revoked due to felonies...or would be gone in two weeks when my boss - who was firm but FAIR - was not going to tolerate her being out all of the time or other entitlement-minded attitudes.

The girl is going to turn out to be a cunt like the moo and is most likely a fucking terror. This shit just does not happen overnight. A decent mother is not going to wake up one morning and then tell her child to make up horrible lies to gain something material. This has been happening long before this Hannah Montana brouhaha. CJ is right how moo is more so than the kid but let's see what Bratina is like in ten years when she is 16 instead of 6.

I hope the company stands by their decision and does not give the lying cunts the goodies. I cannot stand the religious right but they are right when it comes to children of single mother households being the worse in school and usually ending up as criminals if not just leeches on society. We need to go back to two parent households. As I have said, anytime I dealt with a single mother, there were problems. Yes, there are exceptions and good single moms...but it is rare.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login