Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I wish I could afford Food Stamps, like people on Food Stamps can.

Posted by Anonymous User 
think_about_it
So... fucking... pissed.

Just found out that a relative of mine blew through 650 dollars worth of food stamps. How the fuck can you blow through that in a month? Only buy organic bullshit at Whole Foods.

This relative just popped out baby #3, and her and her husband haven't had jobs since baby #1.

And that's just food stamps. because of the age of the kids, they still get WIC.

I'm so fucking happy I pay taxes.

I thought of this thread when I read this news this morning: A whole town wants people with food stamps:

http://news.yahoo.com/food-stamp-nation-090000155.html
Re: I wish I could afford Food Stamps, like people on Food Stamps can.
April 15, 2013
mr. neptune
I thought of this thread when I read this news this morning: A whole town wants people with food stamps:

http://news.yahoo.com/food-stamp-nation-090000155.html

WTF:

For the past three years, the Ortizes’ lives had unfolded in a series of exhausting, fractional decisions. Was it better to eat the string cheese now or to save it? To buy milk for $3.80 nearby or for $3.10 across town? Was it better to pay down the $600 they owed the landlord, or the $110 they owed for their cellphones, or the $75 they owed the tattoo parlor, or the $840 they owed the electric company?

So, when you are living in poverty it is okay to blow money on tattoos and cellphones? RIDICULOUS!!

:headbrick

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem
And big big big surprise they have a 1 year old sprog. That means the second child was conceived after they both lost their jobs.

Also. Tattoos? The fuck are you off getting a tattoo for when you don't have a job?
cfinboston
And big big big surprise they have a 1 year old sprog. That means the second child was conceived after they both lost their jobs.

Also. Tattoos? The fuck are you off getting a tattoo for when you don't have a job?

Sign of the times. Years ago it was "We can't have a baby now that you've lost your job. We can't afford it!"

Now it's "No worries. Uncle Sam will pay for it." smile rolling left righteyes2

THIS is the shit that pisses me off to no end! If I could take home all of my weekly pay I'd have plenty of money to take care of MY bills. Money that I EARNED!! But NO! Not in the good ol' USA! My money has to go towards lazy bastards who can't even be bothered to LOOK for any kind of job to pay their own way. But they always have enough time to make baybees and shop for cellphones, tatoos and video games, ON MY DIME! hot smiley

I hate people. angry flipping off

jbs
Not to brag. Ok, I will. My husband makes a lot $$ at his job. I do not get tattoos, salon nails, and buy my clothes on ebay. The only unhealthy food I buy are frozen dinners and cake. I drink sparkling water which is more expensive than regular water and sodas. The pets get the best food money can buy them. The taxpayers are not affected by my choices. And hubby can not claim to have a gold digging wife.grinning smiley
My (ex) SIL does the same damn thing. Her son has autism, and I'm not going to deny she struggles with him, especially since she's divorced from my brother and so many times he "can't" handle him. However, one point of contention is her spending hundreds of dollars a month with her EBT card buying organic meats, frozen entrees and snack foods for my nephew. SIL goes through a list of things my nephew "can't" eat, and the things he won't eat are vegetables and fruit (except grapes).

I went back to my home state last week for an obligatory visit. I accompanied my SIL to a store she likes to go to, which happens to be in another county from where she lives. So, she burned a tremendous amount of gasoline driving there. The prices at this store are outrageous, as if the organic food isn't expensive enough as it is. Her bill came to over 200.00. All she had bought was organic meats, frozen entrees and snacks. Oh, and, she bought avocados because that's the one produce item she can sneak into spaghetti sauce to make it more nutritious. My nephew's pizza is some rice crust, dairy free deal which at that store was 10.00. For the love of fuck. I tried to reason with her that maybe she needs to go to a local store and buy her organic snacks and frozen entrees there because they have to be cheaper. She argued back that those stores don't have the exact variety she wants. Sheesh.

THEN. She doesn't even cook for herself, she eats candy and restaurant food. My mother tried to talk to her, and tell her that she needs to cook meals for two, and feed my nephew the same thing she eats. Mom, like the rest of us, knows that organic food is not going to cure my nephew's autism. Additionally, my SIL complains constantly about being fat, and if she wants her hips to be less than 50" around. She won't accomplish weight loss eating Mexican food and take out all the time.

SIL gets school grant money, food stamps, child support, section 8 and SS disability for my nephew, yet, she is always broke. My mother bails her out occasionally, although mom's retired and really can't afford to do so. Pisses me off tremendously. No wonder my trip home is every other year.
April 15, 2013
Frozen entrees, organic food and snacks should not be allowed with EBT/foodstamps. The only things that should be allowed are unprocessed food that meals can be made with.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
April 15, 2013
However, one point of contention is her spending hundreds of dollars a month with her EBT card buying organic meats, frozen entrees and snack foods for my nephew.

I'm betting if she stopped buying the snacks that nephew's list of "won't eat" would be a lot shorter.
April 15, 2013
Yeah, the nephew needs smacks, not snacks. Wonder cure for a "picky eater"!
kman
Yeah, the nephew needs smacks, not snacks. Wonder cure for a "picky eater"!

FUCK YEAH.
Wonder cure for a "picky eater"!

Not really his fault, his parents are absurdly picky. So picky, in fact, they'll spend time dissecting food before they eat it; they'll order several items from the "ala carte" (at higher expense) menus at Mexican restaurants because there's always something on plates that doesn't satisfy them. There's a list of what they won't eat longer than what they will.

If the lot of them were ever trapped at my house, they'd change their ways. My husband and I make something, and people can either eat it or not. And I do not care if people are hungry from voluntarily skipping a meal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login