Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many see this/know this occurs..

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
How many see this/know this occurs..
January 10, 2008
I was watching Judge Judy the other day. Granted the level of folk on this program is dubious at best. (Seems this 'level' is the only one that does utilize this court.)
There was this guy who was suing his mother regarding some bad checks, and some other things (escapes my mind at the moment). What caught my attention was that he's bought himself a trailer. (Granted, only a trailer but it is his!!!). Right after he purchases it, it seemed like the rest of the famblee viewed this as a famblee home. Sis moved in with kids (probably section 8), mom moved in... now, trailers just ain't that big, unless they are double wides (and even then.) The guy just didn't have the giblets to tell them to stay (or get) the hell out.
How many have you seen (or know of) where someone finally manages to get a place of their own (rented or owned), only to have their breederson famblee members try to move in. Some may just stay a short while, but it strikes me as these loafers are just looking for free room and board since many of the cases that we do see (either JJ or peoples court, or others) involved free-loading famblee members. ("Why did you move in with him?" "It's famblee, it's what famblee does for each other....")
This is somewhat rambling, but I think you get my point..
Re: How many see this/know this occurs..
January 10, 2008
I've noticed this happens alot with black folks I know, and maybe it's just because these families are more mixed income-wise than the white folks I know. I work with a fellow who is pretty much the most successful person in his family, and know a few other people in this situation. They're constantly getting calls from a variety of family members to get bailed out of the jams they've gotten themselves in. "So and so relapsed, wandered off, and got mugged...you've got to come home" or "We need to move out of our place now, can we stay with you?" or "My car's broke, can I borrow yours?" Stuff like that which I'd brush off, but my friends feel like they have to drop everything to help.

I've seen it get to the point where the family issues have actually dragged the more successful family members back into the situation they've escaped. More often though, it's just a constant source of stress and worry. Obviously if you love your family, or even just feel obligated to them, you want to help, but I think eventually you have to say "Quit riding my coat tails, quit dragging me down, you've got to solve your own problems like you did before I got successful".

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
January 10, 2008
Yep, and don't forget the grateful sprogs that inadequate, incompetent moos and duhs send to a successful family member because said sprog is out of control. (Mainly because moo and duh are too caught up in their own garbage..name your own.)
Every once in a while you hear about this, some poor schmuck murdered by sprog sent to them by failure parents.
(About 2-3 years ago we had a woman who was a successful black journalist, I think she was way older... can't remember age, was burned to death by sprog of cousin or something or other. She didn't die immediately.. she went thru the hell that severe burn victims endure). I don't remember what the frickin sprog got: whatever it was was inadequate.
Let this be a lesson to those cf (or even folk with kids): do NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER take in a sprog from a relative who wants to palm said sprog off on you because 'bratleigh/snotberg out of control, can you do something with him???. That is the ultimate in lazy moo & duh. Will not change and improve their parenting (actually tell the little sh** 'no', mean it, and inflict consequences), but try to put the task off on another individual...
January 10, 2008
i would add never take in a kid from someone NOT of your family. (and trust me it has happened and i experienced it.. the stick bitch, and her 3 now 4 future felons of america

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
January 10, 2008
The hell with that!

Now, I'm fine with helping family (and friends) when a situation arises that's not of their making, which is not "usual" - and which I know they'll not exploit. That is quite a different thing from subsidizing another adult's deliberate irresponsibility/bad behavior, etc.

No one is obligated to put their own financial security or peace of mind on the table in that case....
This happens in my family, and it isn't just a black thing-it's a 'lazy bastard who won't lift a finger to help themselves' thing. My aunt, uncle and one of my cousins-all grown 'adults' (I guess 'humans' would be better...) mooch off my grandparents, to the point that my dad is in charge of doling out my grandparents' estate to these lazy bastards once they pass away-my grandparents are afraid they'll run through the money in a month and have no support (most likely because my dad-easily the most successful one in his family-has made it crystal clear that they won't get a cent of my parents' money or a square foot of living space under their roof once the gravy train stops). My parents have pretty much cut these people out of their lives, but I dread when my grandparents pass away-they created this mess themselves by always coddling their two youngest children and their only male grandchild, and now they expect my dad to clean it up. It isn't fair, but I guess it will keep the riffraff away from my parents' bank account and reasonably out of their lives.
January 11, 2008
Hello, I don't really have a response to your question other than to say "I agree that this can be a problem sometimes".

However, Judge Judy kicks ass. Don't you just love it when she comes down on breeders, and I don't mean just the ones who don't pay child support or are on welfare. She will give a verdict sometimes on something that doesn't even have to do with kyds and then say to one of them, "Ya got enough kids, lady!" or "Stop having babies!"

None of the other judge shows have a judge who isn't a breeder-pleaser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login