Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> How is it any business of yours if and why women
> get abortions? Do you care if women get pap
> smears? Mammograms? Physicals? Prescription shoe
> inserts? Happy pills? Skin tabs removed? If you
> don't care about these, why do you care about
> abortions?

How true! Funny k-man is not so worried about women etting their annual check-ups, Paps Smears, mammograms, and so forth but is so concerned about our abortions.

It is nothing more than control and/or hatred toward women...even though he would either quietly whisk off Ms. Wrong to the next clinic if he knocked her up...or would laugh how he messed up a woman's life while doing nothing to support his DNA sampling.

When it comes to abortion and males who bleat how they do not like it, it is about putting women back into their place. I am glad, however, to see Techie's response. It does remind me that not all men are bastards about this issue.

One thing I do notice is how women will jump up and also bleat how they do not really like abortion when a man says something about it. Women tend to want to participate most in their own oppression.
Feh and Am, you beat me to it. Why is having an abortion such a tragedy? Saying that most women agonize over getting an abortion is a yet another way of passing judgment on women. "Well, if you had to get an abortion, at least you felt really bad about it." I had an abortion at 32. I never once thought "oh, what should I do?" I knew what I wanted without hesitation. No agonizing, no fretting, no handwringing. I didn't feel bad about it at all. Here's how it went down: I found out that I was pregnant on a Saturday evening and had to wait over the weekend before I could do anything about it. I made an appointment for an abortion on Monday morning. I terminated at six weeks which is pretty early. Of course, it was no picnic. Four or five days later I had terrible pains as my uterus was getting back to normal size. If anything, there should be more abortions not less!
**There is a picture of women having the procedure as doing so for convenience so they can continue a promiscuous party lifestyle, which I know in the majority of instances is untrue; many women truly agonize over terminating a pregnancy.**

I wanted to address this statement more clearly. I’m sure there are plenty of “promiscuous” women who had an abortion and really “truly agonized” over it. Also, there are plenty of women who only had one sexual partner at the time, and yet did not agonize at all over the abortion. The assumptions are that women who have multiple sex partners don't care about the baybees. And women who are in a long-term relationship wouldn't think of getting an abortion, or if she did it would tear her apart. It's AAAALLL a bunch of bullshit.
Re: "All women who have abortions are whores"
January 15, 2008
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> **There is a picture of women having the procedure
> as doing so for convenience so they can continue a
> promiscuous party lifestyle, which I know in the
> majority of instances is untrue; many women truly
> agonize over terminating a pregnancy.**
>
> I wanted to address this statement more clearly.
> I’m sure there are plenty of “promiscuous” women
> who had an abortion and really “truly agonized”
> over it. Also, there are plenty of women who only
> had one sexual partner at the time, and yet did
> not agonize at all over the abortion. The
> assumptions are that women who have multiple sex
> partners don't care about the baybees. And women
> who are in a long-term relationship wouldn't think
> of getting an abortion, or if she did it would
> tear her apart. It's AAAALLL a bunch of bullshit.

Great post, Nour. Thank you Who cares if a woman is promiscuous? No one EVER says SHIT about a man's fucking around. He is applauded, called a "stud", encouraged to "sow his wild oats", and so forth while a woman BETTER "be in love" if she wants those orgasms. I do not equate love with sex. That is an automatic set-up for a woman for heartache. I am all for women acting like males when it comes to sexuality. Fuck crying over a broken relationship just because physical contact other than kissing was involved. Many men do not give a damn when they end an intimate relationship. They're off sticking their dicks into another woman within days but no one say shit about that...now do they??? Even many pro-choicers want women to agonize over an abortion to make it acceptable. Fuck 'dat shit... grinning smiley
January 15, 2008
So-called pro-lifers don't think about the life of the pregnant woman, and how her quality of life could be diminished by dropping a crotchpotato. A good friend of mine got pregnant at 15, and had an abortion. Her boyfriend at the time was extremely immature and not the brightest crayon in the box. If she had the kid, she wouldn't have the degree she eventually earned, the career she enjoys, the fiance she's madly in love with, and many other great things that happened to her since she got out of the relationship with the other guy. She would have been a young teenager raising a kid, and probably living a miserable existence (with a guy who ended up cheating on her by the way). She does not regret her decision.
January 16, 2008
Since no one can apparently answer the question as to WHY abortion is TRAGIC or why it should be limited to the "last line of defense" (um, it is the last line of defense- there's no going back after the fact) I'll call them out personally on this.

K-man wrote
"Generally I am antiabortion, primarily because I think an ounce of prevention (birth control) is worth a pound of "cure" (abortion)."
Abortion happens when prevention fails. The major failure in prevention is the simple fact that humans are free to make their own decisions AND many times humans are NOT RATIONAL (even when making major life changing decisions). Many communities have easy and free, or low cost, access to birth control, and still people CHOOSE to NOT USE it. It's their choice, and they must personally deal with whatever side effects happen from unprotected sex. If you aren't involved, it's NOT YOUR BUSINESS.

"Perhaps a better way to say it is that I am reluctantly pro-choice. Terminating a pregnancy after the fact simply isn't an ideal outcome. If birth control was properly used but failed, that's a whole different situation, as is a failed sterilization. "
And your ideal outcome for a woman who does not wish to carry, birth and raise a child is? I really want to know. Hope really hard for a natural miscarriage or is it adoption? That requires her to carry and birth the child, which can cause a greater degree of damage her body than a simple abortion. You can also add to that the guilt trip many families lay on the pregnant daughters who might decide to give up the child. Socially, it looks bad for the genetic material to be raised by another family unit. So she has a child that she doesn't want because of family pressure, and does a half assed job of raising it, It gets to grow up under an umbrella of resentment because she's had to give up everything. When breeders say "It's all different when it's yours" or "you've never known love until you've had a child", that is a lie wrapped in a fib and enrobed in deceit. It might have happened that way for them, but from what I see of child abuse statistics, it doesn't happen for lots.

and

Newbie wrote
"I'm with K-man on this one as far as abortion should be the last line of defence. I do not view it as a great tragedy or anything, but it is an expensive and (unless you take a pill) invasive surgical procedure."
Again, it IS the last line of defense. It's what happens when prevention fails (see above). Of course it's expensive, and if a person wishes to incur that expense, what should you care? People pay bigger bucks for much more worthless bullshit every day.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Feh,
No, I don't care that someone wants to pay the doctor loads... It's just that within a common sense frame, it is better to use normal contraception, since repeated surgeries are inadvisable for health reasons. I personally have no beef with anyone who has one or ten abortions, I don't care, but they should - they'll have to deal with the complications of repeated surgery, which isn't great for anybody. I was speaking strictly from the medical point of view.
feministAllie
November 07, 2012
The truth hurts.

Keep getting shot down Greg? Another classic "sensitve new age guy"
November 07, 2012
feministAllie
The truth hurts.

Which is why moos always get so butthurt when we mention how shitty their lives are.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
Feh,
No, I don't care that someone wants to pay the doctor loads... It's just that within a common sense frame, it is better to use normal contraception, since repeated surgeries are inadvisable for health reasons. I personally have no beef with anyone who has one or ten abortions, I don't care, but they should - they'll have to deal with the complications of repeated surgery, which isn't great for anybody. I was speaking strictly from the medical point of view.

This is exactly why it boggles my mind that people think we have to shame women or they'll just have abortions willy nilly. Not that I care if women do have abortions willy nilly -- it's their body to abuse, I guess. But it's still an asinine "slippery slope" kind of argument.

I had an abortion when my contraception and EC both failed. Emotionally, it wasn't a huge deal to me. I was pissed to be in that position in the first place, but that was really it.

But it cost $500, and it wasn't the most physically pleasant experience in the world. Not horrible -- I had a pretty textbook medical abortion -- but I can certainly think of ways I'd rather spend my day.

I never wanted to have to get an abortion. I don't want to have to get another one. It's expensive and uncomfortable. What sane woman would use abortion as first-line birth control?

It's a totally insane argument by people who think of women as dumb animals.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
feministAllie
The truth hurts.

Oh noes, I must goes cry in mah hugbox nao!
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
I am not understanding this whole "you're a whore if you get an abortion." What are the moos who choose to have kids they can't take care of? What are the moos who have several children by different fathers? Who are the moos who don't even know who the fathers are?

I hate slut shaming. I hate misogynist attitudes. However, if any of the moos are going around name calling... Well, that is the pot calling the kettle black obviously. As someone stated above, nobody really knows anyone's situation. How many teenagers got pregnant after losing their virginity? It happens. You don't have to have numerous partners to need an abortion. Regardless, it is nobody's business how many people someone sleeps with. It is also nobody's business if someone gets one abortion or ten.

I frown upon people who have numerous children and are on government assistance. I JUDGE them because we are paying for their mistakes. We as CF, can't even use these welfare programs because we were responsible. We are being punished for making better decisions. It isn't fair.

I also judge them because of how the children end up. As someone posted earlier, the child abuse statistics are staggering. The amount of neglect that is happening is sad. Some teen mothers or women think they can still go out as if they don't have children. There are too many of these kids growing up to be criminals. There are too many of these kids not being fed or taken care of properly. As much as I am CF, I don't like hearing about the suffering of children.

I think it is worse for someone to have a kid they never wanted. That kid is going to grow up to have issues. He/she is going to probably grow up to be ANOTHER entitled asshole in society. (I do understand some people break away and make it a point to do better.)

This is coming from someone who was born to save a crappy marriage and boost the self-esteem of two losers. Someone who wasn't actually planned to begin with. Someone who was on the receiving end of plenty of resentment.

I was constantly treated like crap and sometimes physically abused. Although, the latter didn't happen too often. It was still awful. I was a disappointment because I didn't live up to their lame expectations.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
I'm confused by this thread. Who is the anon user, newbie?
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
^
I think since this thread started in '08... These people no longer have accounts on this site anymore. Atleast that is what I thought. Otherwise, I am kinda confused as well lol.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
I'd just like to point out a few details.

"Birth Control" should really be called pregnancy control. It's purpose is to keep you from getting pregnant. It's job is to prevent sperm from getting to the egg, and / or preventing a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.

Once the fertilized egg is implanted in the uterus, then you are pregnant.

An abortion is what happens AFTER you are pregnant. Thus it is impossible to use abortion as birth control.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2012
I was just about to tell Kman "fuck you and your 'quibble'", then I realized it was from 2008.

feministAllie
The truth hurts.

MooCunts such as yourself don't last long here. Go back to your pro-liar fundie site, self-hating traitor to women.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.