Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bingoed by my Biology teacher

Posted by Tahki (N.L.I.) 
Tahki (N.L.I.)
Bingoed by my Biology teacher
January 12, 2008
For God's sake, will it ever stop?!

We're knee-deep in a chapter about mitosis, meiosis, and goddamn baybees (OH JOY!) My boyfriend is sitting next to me at the lab table and the entire class is discussing an article about a woman who would pay $$50,000 US for a woman who had scored high on SATs, and was tall, thin, blonde and athletic...to donate her eggs so Moo could have The Perfect IVF Baybee (TM).

Andy and I are disgusted, yet give a polite response to a discussion question:

"While we don't plan to have any children in the future, we think that adoption is much more sensible (and fair to everyone involved, especially since there's no complicated medical procedures) than IVF."

Mrs. F's response?

"Oh, you'll change your mind! You're young, and you'd have the most beautiful baybees!!"

Is that a compliment? Does it even relate to our answer, or the question? No. Why did Mrs. F even bring it up? It's none of her business...x_x

Breeder logic (oh the irony!) amuses and disgusts me grinning smiley
Anonymous User
Re: Bingoed by my Biology teacher
January 12, 2008
The irony is that "people like us" - meaning, couples who really think it through, weigh the incredible responsibility (and sacrifices) that are required, etc. - and as a result, often opt not to reproduce are in an ironic way the very ones who should be reproducing, if anyone ought to be doing it!

This is why, in my opinion, stupidity is so pervasive and enduring; the smarter set don't reproduce; their progeny (who probably would have higher IQs - and would almost certainly be better educated, more cultured and capable, as adults, of independent thought - never come to be.

And thus, the breeders - and breeder mentality - inherits the earth!

(See also: persistence of religious bee-lief, etc.)
Anonymous User
January 12, 2008
It's a compliment plus a bingo.

"You'd have the most beautiful babies" is clearly intended to flatter you that you are a good-looking couple. So you can smile about that.

"You'll change your mind" and "you're young" is basically like saying "What you think now doesn't count, because you don't know your own mind". That's the part you should learn to rebut, since you're going to hear it a lot.

I think it's good to be moderate in your rebuttals. "I have no plans to have any children in the future" is a good one. It's nice and short and only really obnoxious people will continue prodding you. When told by persistently obnoxious people that you'll change your mind, you can reply that any responsible person would want to be older, educated, and self-supporting before even thinking of having a child in today's divorce-prone world, so any mind-changing on your part would have to happen a *long* time from now. Tell them to bring it up again in ten years, and not a moment sooner.

Your mind probably won't have changed, but maybe it will buy you some quiet for a decade. smiling smiley

Good luck!
DrDanCorelli
January 12, 2008
Let me get this right...your biology TEACHER told you that you would have good looking babies? If that stupid bitch is teaching biology, I would seriously considering transferring to another school!

Rule 101 of basic biology is that no there is no warranty with reproduction. Good looking people can have ugly babies, and smart people can have stupid brats. Reproduction is worse than blackjack or poker for odds. There are so many variables at work that it is not possible to tell whether a particular brat will be good looking, intelligent or talented. A good-looking, smart and talented moo or duhd could end up with a completely useless brat.

Oy vey.
January 13, 2008
Translation: "Your womb is still fresh and unused, so your animal instinct will force you to pass down your dazzling genes to make the most flawless human species ever to grace our wretched planet. Thank you thank you very kindly for NOT contributing to our eventual extinction."

Then perhaps she'd offer to buy your DNA trophy.eye rolling smiley

(Not a very professional reply at all from a so-called schoolteacher, BTW.=P)
Ketchup
January 13, 2008
Banshee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (Not a very professional reply at all from a
> so-called schoolteacher, BTW.=P)

Agreed about that one. I don't know if you're talking about a high school teacher, but if you are then the last thing she needs to do is bingo a high school student or encourage him/her to breed. That is the only "adult" activity that people seem to think is OK to push on kids.

Reminds me of the breeder hell suburban HS I attended. I overheard my history teacher telling another student that not breeding is "selfish" (was the first time I ever heard that bingo). My health teacher, a football coach, told us all about how his balls had a knot in them or something and therefore he couldn't impregnate his wife, so they were converting to Catholicism and hoping that Gawd would bless them with a myracul fetus. Yuck, TMI!!!
January 13, 2008
I think the idea of people with higher IQ's reproducing does not have a definite outcome.

Throughout the history there were smart people that accomplished a ton and never had kids. I always ask, is it because they were smart and gifted or is it because they put their efforts towards what they were doing and not towards raising the kids?

I gather that Jesus Christ did not have any kids. This explains why he could go around, preach the word and spend his energy and dedication on other people, who were not his children.

I am thinking, based on my observations, that only about 30% of couples out there are worthwhile of parenting. There are plenty of things the rest of people can do. They can start looking for a cancer cure for starters.

Parenting job is by all means not for everyone. Like I said, I only see about 30% of people who have kids who are actually good parents. The rest are just there for whatever other reason they may choose as an excuse that usually does not make any sense.

If only 30% of people did have kids, I think we would be a much more advanced and better society. Gangs, crime, and terminal illness would be less common. We would look for more robot technology. Our water would be cleaner. And for me, I would remain in the 70% of folks who do not parent and do some kind of scientific research to help future generations. Today, as we stand, we waste so much time and energy on pro-creation that we forget about the Earth, space and future. We always think "someone" will find cure for cancer. "Someone" will battle other terminal illnesses. We are so hung up on having kids, we are actually rolling backwards. Many science and research projects in Universities are being eliminated and replaced with business and investment courses due to lack of interest. No one wants do do anything unless there is an instant gratification. That seems rational, but only for a short term. Who is going to research and develop stuff that has no instant payoff and quick reaches. We are set and trained to provide to the public what it wants this second and time. We want to make an instant dollar.

One example is housing. For every 100 housing investors, there, at the most, 1 person who is caring enough to research a more energy efficient building and development.

To show how ass backwards our society is, I will describe another example. Let's say I have a medical research project that I'm trying to put together that concentrates on full lifelong functionality. This would allow old persons to live to the last day, and fully support themselves. I probably would get a few interested investors, but only a few. Now, if, for example, I was working on a IVF system that allowed 70 year olds to get pregnant and deliver a baby, I cannot tell you how much investment I would get. I bet, I would get so much money, I would not know what to do with it. This really shows how little people think and how much "thinking" is done at the Hollywood, how much influence that movie industry has.
January 14, 2008
What a condescending remark. I'd slash the bitch's tires. LOL
January 14, 2008
I think I might complain to the administration. If I remember correctly, you're in high school, and high school is NOT the place to be encouraging people to make babies. Even if it's a college class, that's completely inappropriate.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Reminds me of the breedercunt nursing practice professor from college who told me that I need to be selective of the men I date so I could have beautiful baybees. She was good looking and so was her husband. Her brats were fugly, stupid and ended up in jail for drug offenses and theft. So much for her stupid theories.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login