Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bratty commercial

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bratty commercial
January 15, 2008
There is this annoying TV ad from Pledge cleaning products. The voiceover says, "We invited this t-ball team over to this lady's home and told them to make themselves at home. Then these little brats run into the house and are running all over the living room, dropping their gloves everywhere and leaving handprints on the TV and computer screens. Then the voiceover says, "No worries, Jennifer, Pledge will clean the mess" Then Jennifer starts cleaning the room with the product.
Peppertree
Re: Bratty commercial
January 15, 2008
I've seen that commercial! Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks it's obnoxious.

If someone let loose all those kids in my home, there'd be a lot more to clean up than just dust and smudges. I wonder how Pledge works on bloodstains...?lurking
January 15, 2008
Oh, I saw that also. What a crock of shit. Yea, just what everyone needs and wants, a bratty group of bois ravaging your house, spewing dirt and grime every where, noise, noise, and more noise.

None for me, thanks. I'll take the quiet solitude of a clean home - save for some pet hair =^..^= any day over that shit.

Oh, but wait, it's AAAAAAALLLLL worth it.

And the earth is flat.
January 15, 2008
i got you beat theres a new uk advert here about colour catcher to stop stains in you washing. Warning pregnant moo belly.. on show

http://tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA5821&advertiser=Colour Catcher

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
January 15, 2008
There's a nasty one out for brat food. It features a bloke - being a wimpy dad - doing a soppy voice over, saying he will promise to be a good duh and all this shit (bratling is new). I want to kick the screen in when it comes on (I turn the sound off instead).
Anonymous User
January 15, 2008
I think it is a conspiracy. All the breeders are working for the cleaning chemical companies.
January 15, 2008
It's always been like that with commercials-harried Moo having to clean up after brats (and of course, hubby is no where in sight). It's especially irritating the way the commercials insinuate that a woman is a failure unless her family can eat off her freshly mopped floor and help themselves to a drink from a sparkling, sterilized toilet...
January 15, 2008
Not surprised.eye rolling smiley

Most of commercials are still sexist even today.

Women do all the cleaning around the house and looking after the whelps, who live to tear around like wild animals, leaving all that shit for her to deal with. If she isn't cleaning up the house, she chases after the spoiled infants to feed them cookies, biscuits, lemonade, whatever.

Also, commercials on kiddie snacks goes something like this: "It's totally sugar-FREE, so MOM is okay with it!" Where's the daddy, BTW? Doesn't he even care at all, let alone exist in those dumb housewifey commercials that SHOULD have belonged in the 1950s to begin with?!

And - do NOT forget the creepy motherly incestuous fondling of some baybee's naked ass in Pampers commercials, either!!!yawning smiley
January 15, 2008
the daddy is at work , for 60 - 90 hours a week, maybe even seeing his secretary on the side.. i mean who would want to go back to a hous like that.

and isnt it strange that all these adverts are aimed at women, and isnt it strange that all these women are doing housework.. is it a conspiracy of advertisers... ah but it must be that nasty patriarchy.. mustnt it.. its aimed at women because thats wher the market is.. i know i got a qual in marketing

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 16, 2008
robina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is this annoying TV ad from Pledge cleaning
> products. The voiceover says, "We invited this
> t-ball team over to this lady's home and told them
> to make themselves at home. Then these little
> brats run into the house and are running all over
> the living room, dropping their gloves everywhere
> and leaving handprints on the TV and computer
> screens. Then the voiceover says, "No worries,
> Jennifer, Pledge will clean the mess" Then
> Jennifer starts cleaning the room with the
> product.
Um, it's Jennifer who is actually doing the cleaning. Until Pledge means "Robot that cleans while you sit on the couch and eat bon bons", then there won't be any sprogs trashing my place. And even if it did mean that, there still wouldn't be any sprogs trashing my place.

I really hate illogical commercials. Seriously, if you can't have the 30 seconds make SENSE, you shouldn't be in advertising.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 17, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> i got you beat theres a new uk advert here about
> colour catcher to stop stains in you washing.
> Warning pregnant moo belly.. on show

But we NEEDED to see that! Colour-catcher won't work for non-breeders!
January 17, 2008
i never saw an advert that.. obvious.. in a long long time

Tahki [N.L.I.]
January 17, 2008
How 'bout those annoying "Nutri-Pals" cereal bar commercials where Moo finds the wrappers STUFFED IN THE COUCH CUSHIONS? Hey, sprogs--get off your dumb asses and walk ten feet to the trash can! Is it so hard?!

Or those god-awful Suave commercials with the yodely singing and the "statistics" about how moms don't have enough time to do their hair in the morning?
January 17, 2008
Tahki [N.L.I.] Wrote:
>
> Or those god-awful Suave commercials with the
> yodely singing and the "statistics" about how moms
> don't have enough time to do their hair in the
> morning?

I saw that ad today--barf!

If they're sit-at-home moos, they have ALL DAY to wash their fucking hair if they want to. Their soap operas, talk shows, bonbons and cell phone calls can wait. Moos don't need to wash their hair (or take showers) because they're useless, ugly moo hags.

I also hate the ad for new Woolite Pod. A spill happens and the three brats jump into "action." One squeezes the soap, one scrubs and the other brushes with detective show music blasting in the background.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
January 18, 2008
They make these ads like the only ones buying anything are breeders.
January 18, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> They make these ads like the only ones buying
> anything are breeders.

Fine by me. I have no problems NOT being a marketing demographic.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
January 18, 2008
Anyone seen those sickly-sweet Rice Krispies ads done in b/w (an attempt to be with-it?) where the moo & kydz are making those gross rice Krispie treats? And I just saw another new one with a duh, finally.

I guess they're the only ones who eat that crap. But that's fine by me b/c it IS crap.

On the Pledge commercial, I'm not surprised it's so famblee-friendly. I saw an ad with the president of Johnson Wax which was puke-worthy on it's own. It think he mentions the word "famblee" about a dozen times in 30 seconds. OK, we get it already!!!
Peppertree
January 18, 2008
Gawd, I HATE those Suave ads. More moo glorification: "I don't have time to wash or groom myself properly, but my kids make me feel so happy and fulfilled it doesn't matter!!"

The Johnson and Johnson ads are obnoxious too. The "Having a baby changes everything" ones--where they shamelessly imply that all the "changes" will be welcome ones and how parenthood is just an endless amusement park ride of fun and enlightenment. Talk about false advertising.
January 18, 2008
Peppertree Wrote:
> Gawd, I HATE those Suave ads. More moo
> glorification: "I don't have time to wash or groom
> myself properly, but my kids make me feel so happy
> and fulfilled it doesn't matter!!"
>
> The Johnson and Johnson ads are obnoxious too. The
> "Having a baby changes everything" ones--where
> they shamelessly imply that all the "changes" will
> be welcome ones and how parenthood is just an
> endless amusement park ride of fun and
> enlightenment. Talk about false advertising.

False advertising does not just exist on television. Look around, it's everywhere. All the pro-breeder crap is in hotels, airports, restaurants and even among some of our friends. One of my old friends from high school has been childed for about 8 years now and tells me that kids are pretty much a walk in the park. I know he is lying. It's just false advertisement. Misery likes company.
Anonymous User
January 19, 2008
I also hate the ad for new Woolite Pod. A spill happens and the three brats jump into "action." One squeezes the soap, one scrubs and the other brushes with detective show music blasting in the background.

At least they didnt wait for moo to clean the mess.
January 19, 2008
catmeow Wrote January 17, 2008 08:07PM:

>
> I also hate the ad for new Woolite Pod. A spill
> happens and the three brats jump into "action."
> One squeezes the soap, one scrubs and the other
> brushes with detective show music blasting in the
> background.

Robina, I'm happy you fully agree with me on the Woolite Pod ad! smiling smiley

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2008
I saw a Suave commercial last night in which a lanky-haired, miserable-looking moo was holding a baby to her breast. Voiceover says "motherhood makes your hair and your breasts flat." Moo washes hair with suave and is then breastfeeding with good-looking hair. No word on how to fix the "flat breasts" problem, though. I was surprised they even admitted to some of the problems of motherhood, so I thought this was actually a pretty good commercial.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2008
You can view the commercial on suave.com. Click the "Beauty" icon, go to "Advertising: TV Ads", then to "From Flat to Fabulous".

A lot of moms are majorly offended by it.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2008
Are there comments to that "flat to fabulous" posted anywhere? I would love to see the uproar over the "flat breasts" thing. I can't believe they'd even air that commercial.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2008
http://www.baristanet.com/2007/04/_suave_tv_spot_concept.php
http://thelactivist.blogspot.com/2007/04/suave-under-fire-for-breastfeeding.html
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login