Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tabloid Wank

Posted by Peppertree 
Peppertree
Tabloid Wank
January 18, 2008
So I am an avid reader of the gossip pages and I've just read that singer Lily Allen has had a miscarriage. Predictably, every comment is people wanking on about "how sorry they are for her," and how "heartbroken" they are for her.

Okay. Granted, this is a sad thing (for her) to have happen, but I feel the need to point out that Lily Allen is only 22 years old, which, in my opinion, is far too young to have a baby. So, what I guess I'm wondering is: What the fuck is wrong with people? The girl JUST started her music career, is barely out of her teens, and she's ready to settle down with a man (who is 15 years older than her,btw) and have a family NOW? And people think this is normal and okay?

Does anyone else feel the same way? Because she's dodged a very big fucking bullet in my opinion.
Re: Tabloid Wank
January 18, 2008
I feel exactly the same way.

I have no idea why people are heartbroken - isn't there much worse shit going on in the world?

I also think 22 is too young to have a kid. Not only is this guy older than her, but they've only been together a few months.

The fact that people think it's normal just goes to show how frighteningly breederific society is shrug
January 18, 2008
Yea yea yea, waaaaaah. Cry me a river. We'll hear next month that she's knocked up again. Just gotta have that replacement fetus.
January 18, 2008
I think I said this on another thread, but why are the breeding habits of celebrities more important than their actual careers? I don't remember the nineties being like this as much; musicians and actors actually made the news for doing something that involved skill. I'm 26, so I'm not sure how earlier decades were; but I'm guessing that celebrity news wasn't so sproggorific.
January 18, 2008
i was 17 when the 90's began, and i dont remember breederific stuff. actresses would take a year off work, and come back with a kid.. so would singers..

there was a seperation of public and private life in the stars at least from what i recall.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Peppertree
January 18, 2008
"We'll hear next month that she's knocked up again. Just gotta have that replacement fetus."

You know it. Now that she's experienced the "joy" of pregnancy or whatever, she'll be keen to get knocked up again. Something tells me she's not smart enough to realize this was nature's way of saying "You're not ready for this yet."

What was worst about the article was how the commenters were all squawking about their own miscarriages and how devastating and tragic it is. I don't mean to sound so insensitive, but it's a marvel how some women continue to function when they have their heads shoved so far up their dead baby's ass.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2008
The past wasn't so breedertastic. It's only in these past few years it has gotten so insane. I think it's a backlash against all the strides women have made. Now we're being "reminded" how wonderful our "real" role in life is.
January 18, 2008
sharon j. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The past wasn't so breedertastic. It's only in
> these past few years it has gotten so insane. I
> think it's a backlash against all the strides
> women have made. Now we're being "reminded" how
> wonderful our "real" role in life is.

I am a man, and I remember when in late 80's and early 90's women would complain that men EXPECTED them to have babies and take care of the family. Many women called it the "Family oppression" or "Family pressure". I knew that I could never be a man to support such an oppression. I have always insisted on woman's freedom.

The place I used to work at had donated money to scholarships that help women study who tried making it on their own. We also had major discounts for a nearby nursing college students and helped many "independent status" students with transportation means through deeply discounted auto parts and repairs. Those girls tried very hard to break that messed up routine that women were in for so many years.

Today, I feel like that same women that we helped have turned around and bred. The idea of independent woman has become about as useless as teacher's dress and pantyhose. Very old and very much out of style. I feel that whole feminist movement has had a big mass of spit in it's own face. It has been degraded to a big joke that vanished like a smelly fart in the wind. The people who did the most damage were probably the die hard feminists themselves.

Do women actually think that they are now going to be taken seriously after they have sliced their own throat in exchange for a promise of a passive life? That is what the alleged anti-feminists predicted would happen and it did happen. Imagine that. Women were not taken seriously back in 70's, so they go ahead and mess it up today even worse.

I feel like a looser and a total fool. Why did I care about how well women would fare? Yeah, I got a mom and female cousins, but the younger generation of females does not have the "independent" values. They have sold them for the "mrs" and later "mom" currency, which, if you ask me, has no real value.

Someone, somewhere, somehow has to reverse this...If this continues and women remain back "in their place", this country will fall to a level of Sudan or Saudi Arabia. No rights for women whatsoever. Does anyone on Baby Central see the warning lights? Yeah, some will argue that today, more women go to college than men, but so what? How many women who graduated from college actually use the degree? Many use it for breeding and serving the duh, but seriously, if they did not put the education to use, what is the point? They will soon forget what they have learned and that education will become just a paper.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2008
"Do women actually think that they are now going to be taken seriously after they have sliced their own throat in exchange for a promise of a passive life? That is what the alleged anti-feminists predicted would happen and it did happen. Imagine that. Women were not taken seriously back in 70's, so they go ahead and mess it up today even worse."

Excellent way to put it Techie. Womens liberation has been circling the drain for years. Sadly, most of them now are more likely to support tit-nazis then equal pay. As a friend of mine on here has stated, most women love to participate in their own oppression. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
January 19, 2008
its not so much liberation NOW, its what can i get out of the world, men,

it turns men into nothing more than walking wallets.

i truly beleive the wage gap myth is because of mothers taking leave for sprogging, and because they arent paid by the employers, so they are as valuable.

the whole gap vanishes when it comes to the childfree women, its about choice. if a woman wants to work 90 hoiurs a week they should get paid the same.. but quite frequently they dont..

the first wave feminist in my view wanted equality a laudable goal.. the 2nd wave says well what can i get out of the system, i was opppressed but now i need extra things to make me more than equal.

the 3rd wave is about how men are scum how men deserve to be nothing but money makers. how women are better because they breed (thats the new wave of feminism, pro woman/pro child. and they justify it by using th same arguments as the first and 2nd wave.

this is how THIS man sees it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
star877
January 20, 2008
I read this story and people's soppy replys. It should be a good thing she miscarried, a girl her age should not be having kids with someone she's basically just met. Also I thought she was smoking during her pregnancy? Pft.

She was stupid for getting pregnant in the first place when she has just started her music career...also she is someone who is clearly body conscious...what did she think having a baby would do to her body?! ha ha ha

Hope she realised she now has another chance to NOTTTTTT have a baby.

Some woman are so stupid it scares me.
Peppertree
January 21, 2008
"Some women are so stupid it scares me."

And they make the rest of us look bad for being so stupid! People start assuming we're all like that. I'm with you, Star, the amount of stupid women in our society is terrifying.
January 21, 2008
They do it for the attention, to boost their careers and for tabloid sales. Most of these women don't want a kid any more than those of us here do, it's all for the notariety. They should be glad they have the $$$ for a nanny so they don't actually have to raise the thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login