Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Living green means sell your car. kids are ok

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Living green means sell your car. kids are ok
January 19, 2008
I found this interesting web site. (www.unconventionalideas.com) But he is claiming to be so eco friendly and we must all sell our cars. Cars are the devil, there is no such thing as a green car, the only have to be green is sell your car. The kicker........... he has 2 kids!

So I emailed him this......

" I just wanted to call you out on the living green thing, having kids
> is the MOST un-green thing one can do, so change all the light bulbs
> you want and live car free for years, NOTHING says living a green
> life by NOT bringing MORE consumers into this world.
> child-free is living green. Just wanted to share a different point of view.

Thank You
XXXXXXXXXX"

His response........
Human beings are not just "consumers." That's a very cynical view.

A couple who replaces themselves with just 2 children, or just one, is
fully ethical.

Your take demeans the value of life.

Respectfully,

John Andersen
http://www.unconventionalideas.com
"
Re: Living green means sell your car. kids are ok
January 19, 2008
what if those kids decide to have 12 kids each.. to have kids you are not just creating them. you are creating a new line for all eternity (unless theyare cf).. so you have 2 kids and all the money and resources thats spent for them.. you are also creating grandkids who use these resources, and those kids..

so in essence you are creating thousands of extra polluting life forms.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
January 19, 2008
If you want to be a parent, adoption is a 100% "green" way to do it. He wants to pass his ideals along, but only to kids with "his own" genes -- he's just like every other breeder, and that completely wipes out all of his credibility.
Anonymous User
January 19, 2008
Oh, and somebody should let these people know that the whole "replacement" bit only works if they kill themselves immediately after having 2 kids -- otherwise those kids are "additions".
January 20, 2008
These people won't be 'replacing' themselves for many more years. Chances are, they'll still be alive when their kids shit out kids...there's the original couple (2), their kids (2), and any possible number of grandkids. Say each kid had 3 kids (equalling 6 grandkids)...that would mean, when there once was only two people, there are now 10. So, in the process of 'replacing' themselves, the original idiots have directly created 2 new people and indirectly created 6. So, they have replaced themselves by 400 percent, which is an obvious excess. This is why overpopulation will never go away on its own.

If they want to be green, they need to get rid of their cars, only use things that can be recycled, kill their kids and adopt new ones. And also only shop at Starbucks (since they use environmentally-friendly cups) and buy either only American-made clothing or thrift store clothing.
Anonymous User
January 20, 2008
Yeah, read the obituries(sp?!) Someone dies and they always say: left behind 2 sons, 1 daughter, 8 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchilren.
That's a small number! I've counted up to 25 decendents on some of these breeders!
January 20, 2008
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CollegeandFamily/P92820.asp?GT1=5100

this is a good article,

having 2 children to replace you, ok, but you dont create just 2, you created another 2 for each generation..so

you have 2 kids, they get married, and have 2 kids. thats 4, who has 2 each, thats 8, who have 2 thats 16, and so on.. so us being childfree (me and rowan)stops over 1024 children in 200 years.. isnt that greener than creating 2 children.. and thats just me and her.. (of course it has to mean that each person will have to stop breeding as soon as the 2nd child is born, and follow the ethos of just having 2. Think duggars.. if each of their kids have 16 kids.. thats 16, times 16, times 16, thats 4096 children in 3 generations

say 60 years.. mathematically it doesnt add up. we the childfree done just not have our kids, but we have our kids kids and their kids etc... so being cf is the true green

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 20, 2008
mercurior,

that's like those posters for having your pet spayed or neutered.

rock on. yeah.
January 21, 2008
Breeding is just not green. Period. Any way you cut it, you are adding more strain to the earth than a non-breeding person. Breeders who claim to be green should have their heads used for batting practice.
January 22, 2008
Where do they imagine all these sold cars are going? They will be driven by the people who purchased them, and continue to add to the strain on our resources. Once they've been driven to death, then they'll go away...sort of. One will still have to dispose of all the component parts, many of which are not recyclable. Just because I sell my car, does not mean that my car disappears from the earth.

Just more illogical thinking from the "save the planteeers"...

Another reminder: If you are using compact flourescents, for whatever reason, don't dispose of them in the regular garbage. They contain mercury. Oh yeah, and there are no CFL's that are made in the US.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 23, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want to be a parent, adoption is a 100%
> "green" way to do it. He wants to pass his ideals
> along, but only to kids with "his own" genes --
> he's just like every other breeder, and that
> completely wipes out all of his credibility.

Breeding is very narcissistic. With the exception of the Old Days when women had no choice but to have children, every breeder and even decent parent only bred due to narcissism yet we are the selfish ones. However, I am glad to be selfish. I spent too much of my life catering to others.
January 23, 2008
there were options in the old days(whenever that was), even in the roman era there were abortions, and on ancient greece, some used herbs that can be used to day. even without the legal there were still options. some were nasty, but in every single culture there were toxins that did. and you cant say it was all a mans decision.

not modern backstreet clinics, but over 5000 years ago, with tools and
instruments much like modern.

The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BC.A Chinese record documents the number of royal concubines who had abortions in China between the years 500 and 515 BC According to Chinese folklore, the legendary Emperor Shennong prescribed the use of mercury to induce abortions nearly 5000 years ago.

Much of what is known about the methods and practice of abortion in Greek and Roman history comes early classical texts. Abortion, as a gynecological procedure, was primarily the province of women who were either midwives or well-informed laypeople. In his Theaetetus, Plato mentions a midwife's right to induce abortion in the early stages of pregnancy

Hippocrates writes of advising a prostitute who became pregnant to jump up and down, touching her buttocks with her heels at each leap, so as to induce miscarriage. Other writings attributed to him describe instruments fashioned to dilate the cervix and curette inside of the uterus.

Soranus, a 2nd century Greek physician, recommended abortion in cases involving health complications as well as emotional immaturity, and provided detailed suggestions in his work Gynecology. Diuretics, emmenagogues, enemas, fasting, and bloodletting were prescribed as safe abortion methods, although Soranus advised against the use of sharp instruments to induce miscarriage, due to the risk of organ perforation. He also advised women wishing to abort their pregnancies to engage in energetic walking, carrying heavy objects, riding animals, and jumping so that the woman's heels were to touch her buttocks with each jump, which he described as the "Lacedaemonian Leap

Tertullian, a 2nd and 3rd century Christian theologian, also described surgical implements which were used in a procedure similar to the modern dilation and evacuation. One tool had a "nicely-adjusted flexible frame" used for dilation, an "annular blade" used to curette, and a "blunted or covered hook" used for extraction. The other was a "copper needle or spike". He attributed ownership of such items to Hippocrates, Asclepiades, Erasistratus, Herophilus, and Soranus.

so all this women didnt have the options they were forced.. is in essence a bit of a myth.

January 24, 2008
Why don't breeders ever think of the children?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 24, 2008
because kids are tools weapons to get a better life for themselves.

they justify it with my kid may be a brain surgeon cure cancer, my kid is going to be a doctor or a sport star thats why we take them to the other after school activities.. or my kid will cure the planet when in reality they will be mediocrities.

the ones who use their kids in beauty show pageants, they are there to make money off their kids.. thats all they are at least today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login