Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Disgusting Breeder Rant

Posted by SlumSlut 
Another Disgusting Breeder Rant
January 20, 2008
I was just chatting on diversidial.com and I happened to mention to the other person (ddial is a legacy system and there are hardly ever any people on it) that I had cats, and I said,
"Do you have cats?" and she said
"I had to give them away when I had my kid"
"Why?"
"Too much trouble"
"What kind of trouble"
"Litterbox vs. kid"
"Scratching vs. kid"

And she went to say something else but I hung up before it came up on the screen. There was just no point. It is already done (she was saying how much she missed the cats), otherwise I would have felt morally obligated to try and talk some sense into her. This sort of thing makes me so mad that I can't even see straight, never mind put my thoughts into coherent order to express the way I feel; never mind thinking of something effective to say to the breeder-moo on the spot. I know that you folks understand what I mean.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
Re: Another Disgusting Breeder Rant
January 20, 2008
Too much trouble? God this makes my head explode.
January 20, 2008
Since when are cats MORE TROUBLE than spoiled, squalling fleshloaves?tongue sticking out smiley
k-man
January 21, 2008
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a coworker years ago. He had married a woman with two boys from a previous marriage, and then she sprogged one for him.

My beloved red point Siamese cat was having problems and I had spent a couple of hundred dollars at the veterinarian to get him back to health. This coworker made a remark to the effect that he would have had to put down the cat "because his family came first". I tried to explain to him that a pet is family and that you assume certain responsibilities for an animal's welfare when it is a pet, but he was having none of it.

Then there was the other coworker who got rid of a cat after it knocked over a vase... He and his wife had children later, and I wondered if he was going to get rid of them, too, after they knocked something over.
January 21, 2008
k-man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Then there was the other coworker who got rid of a
> cat after it knocked over a vase... He and his
> wife had children later, and I wondered if he was
> going to get rid of them, too, after they knocked
> something over.

Well, I'll tell ya. You read a lot about how great it is (being CF) that you don't have to deal with poopy diapers, etc. etc. This is definitely NOT an advantage that I HAVE, due to the fact that cats are shit, pee, and puke dispensers. (One of my cats, Jason, has just been diagnosed with a 5mm stone in his bladder and may require surgery for it). Furthermore, they can't be taught to run to the toilet when they feel like puking. But would you get rid of your kid for the same things? (I would!) I should have given that woman the whole CF spiel on pets, but she was just not worth the value of her skin and the space she takes up. And MOST PEOPLE don't give up their pets when they have a kid. I was thinking, "She must be really incompetent" and I feel bad for her kid.
k-man
January 21, 2008
Poofy_puff, I forgot to mention something about the first coworker, the one who said he would have had to put down a pet in similar circumstances to mine. He was caught, and left the company over, embezzling money from the company to pay gambling debts to loan sharks. Said sharks were calling him at work and threatening bodily harm to him if he didn't pay. (In fact, he showed up at work one time with a broken arm and claimed that he broke it while fixing his car. His boss was aware of the shark problem before the embezzlement surfaced.)

So much for putting his famblee first, eh? First spending money he didn't have gambling, then losing his job. The company figured later that he had possibly stolen as much as $10,000 and took it from his retirement account when it was cashed out after his departure.

The problem my Siamese had had was the same as yours: feline urological syndrome (FUS), which used to be called cystitis. Tomcats have more problems with FUS than do females. He had stones in his bladder too. Giving him 250 mg of Vitamin C a day per the vet's suggestion acidified his urine and eliminated the problem. Later he overcame FUS and lived a happy life until he got cancer at age 14. Then I did have to put him down—and that was a sad day back in 1991. But we have some of his distant progeny around, including my beautiful Siamese mix (what some call a "snowshoe" cat).
January 21, 2008
People like the ones talked about here piss me off. I have NO time for them and shut them down quickly when they start spewing this shit out their asses.
CF Uter
January 21, 2008
I just love how breeders will give up everything!!!! they love for brats! On the face of this line of thinking is crazy. Why they don't see that from the beginning is so odd.

I swear someone puts something in their water to get so many humans in the population to willingly think like this. Then, they have a kyds and slowly realize, it aint cracked up to what they thought and they gave up their whole life for it. Grrreeeaaat idea! or Grate Idea, I should say. hitting over the head with a hammer
Anonymous User
January 21, 2008
To K-Man
This reminds me of the only real insult I got a long time ago when I was @ 15 years old (I am 54 now) from a neighbor. I had pretty much decided by then I did NOT want kids, and somehow the topic came up during a party we both attended. He promptly called me selfish. This man was a whoremonger and a drunk. Eventually divorced his wife and screwed her over monetarily.
So much for these famblee men. Ha.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2008
Luckily, my bro & SIL did not get rid of their cats when they sprogged x2. I'm proud of them for that. The cats learn, like any animal when the owner takes the time, to ignore or avoid a baby. Most cats dislike small kids anyway.

I'd rather clean up puke or crap or care for an ill pet 100 times over than change one human's shitty diaper. I don't know, it's just me.

My parents tried to have pets with the 4 of us, but they were the kind that would get a puppy for 1-2 mos & bring it back. They were always too busy to house train it, or teach us what to do. I wanted desperately to learn and loved taking care of animals so much. but they were taken away before giving me or the pet a chance. My dad came home once & told us our puppy "ran away", but I overheard he let him go in a park on purpose.

When I was 12, we got rid of our pair of female black cats (Cheech & Chong) b/c one went into heat. I tried to explain to my mom we needed to get her fixed but nothing I ever said registered. I tried again & again about the fixing issue on every animal we had since, including our female cat who had 4 kittens. We brought her & the kittens to the shelter on one hot 4th of July.

I have handfuls more stories like these on other pets we had. I can't express the sadness I have over all my lost pets, or the HATE for breeders that dump their pets over their kids. If I met one today, I wouldn't be able to even talk to them.
January 21, 2008
My brother's house is a 3 ring circus but it's great - and they love it. 2 3/4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 red eared slider turtle, and a tank full of gold fish. They would NEVER think of getting rid of any of their pets. To them it's like they've got 4 sons and a daughter between the dogs, the cat and 2 kids. LOL
January 21, 2008
My friend from college moved out west and sprogged (1+1+twins, all boys, oldest is in 1st grade now) and had / still has 2 dogs and about 6 or 8 cats, and she says that "it IS really hard" but that's only since the twins were born. They would never just get rid of the pets just for the hell of it. And while I am on the subject, her boys are really good when we talk on the phone (which isn't often), and she tries to give them what they NEED while teaching them that the world does not revolve around them. It's still nice that they're in Idaho smiling smiley (I'm in Mass.)

Most people don't give away their pets just because they have a kid. (I hate when they declaw cats too, for any reason, but I was scratched, I get scratched all the time and I live through it). They are usually looking for an excuse to do so in the first place, and of course having a kid is the number one excuse for anything you want.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 21, 2008
I got scratched up by cats when I was a kid. That was what taught me not to mess with a cat but respect the animal. Same should go for kids today. Little kids do not know better and can do painful stuff to a cat. If cat got claws, it got a chance. At least it will show a kid what is up. Same kid will be less likely to go messing around with animals that are actually cable of killing a human. It's a good lesson, I think.
January 22, 2008
"I just love how breeders will give up everything!!!! they love for brats! On the face of this line of thinking is crazy. Why they don't see that from the beginning is so odd."
And yet they don't give up going to concerts, bars, shopping, vacations or incurring more debt so the children can have the same stuff all the other children have. Funny that.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login