Advanced

Pet hairs... for the kids?

Posted by SlumSlut 
Pet hairs... for the kids?
January 22, 2008
Another Freecycle winner:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wanted: Dyson Vacuum Cleaner

I know it is a very long shot and highly unlikely, but will help greatly with picking up our pet hairs for the kids.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------

I should have offered them my "pet hairs"... Hmmm... "I don't have a DYSON Vacuum Cleaner but..."

Don't know about the rest of you folks, but I feel for this person...NOT. Tee-hee.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: Pet hairs... for the kids?
January 22, 2008
I hope she vacuums her kids BALD!grinning smiley
Anonymous User
January 23, 2008
Good luck with that, Moo! Dyson vacuum cleaners cost $500 new, and are so expensive they are one of the few vacuums on the market that is worth repairing instead of replacing. So the man who repairs my ancient Electrolux tells me. Dyson vacuums are one of the things keeping him in business in an age of cheap, disposable vacuum cleaners.

I don't think you will EVER find anyone with an "old" Dyson who is getting rid of it, unless it's for sale on eBay.
January 23, 2008
This dumb twat will probably have an ad giving away her pets because she's tired of the pet hair and it's just SOOOOO HAAAAARD having pets and kids both.

Yea, good luck finding that free Dyson.

You don't need a Dyson just because you have pets. I have a mid-range Hoover, 5 cats and 2 dogs and our house is very clean. What an idiot.
bal-de-vis
January 23, 2008
As the old ads used to say.....nothing sucks like an Electrolux.
Anonymous User
January 23, 2008
Dumb question: I'm not familiar with freecycle. I assume people try to get free crap?

If so, I'd like to post for a free PS3, since it would truly help with my kid's boredom level.
January 24, 2008
your "kid" grizzly wink.. i wish my "KID" has a x box wink.. my kid is 34 years old 6 foot tall 23 stone, ... yes you got me.. its me..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 24, 2008
I'm going to post for a free brand-new Jaguar. I'll give the sob story how my pets need to be taken for rides, to the vet and to their grammy's house in style. Anything else is just an embarrassement to them.

What do you think my odds are of getting one?
January 24, 2008
grizzlycat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dumb question: I'm not familiar with freecycle. I
> assume people try to get free crap?
>
> If so, I'd like to post for a free PS3, since it
> would truly help with my kid's boredom level.

GC, FreeCycle is supposed to be for OFFERING free stuff, but they allow people to ask for stuff too. It is also good for a laugh on every CF message board I've ever been to, due to the abundance of entitlement-breeders who tend to frequent. Fortunately, most of them are moderated and discourage or prohibit ads for livestock or pets. I have mostly offered items to others, but I did acquire a really nice wooden bookcase from someone once.

You can read all about it at http://www.freecycle.org

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

January 24, 2008
Here's what I would post:

Aspiring musicologist would like a brand new custom-made lute, a set of replica Renaissance recorders, some rare medieval manuscripts, and plane tickets/4 star hotel accomodation to the next American Musicological Society Conference. I would also appreciate if someone has an extra theorbo or shawm laying around that they want to get rid of. An entire set of Grove's Dictionary of Music would be nice as well. Could you also foot the bill for the rest of my Master's, and my PhD when I start it? Don't you see, I'm doing the most important job in the world. I think everyone should bow down to me because I can tell the difference between plagal and authentic modes, discuss the social context of Mozart's operas, and write papers about topics such as nationalism in Dvorak's song cycles or the melodic characteristics of Troubadour songs.

Yeah, it sounds just as ridiculous when BREEDERS demand things, too!
CJ
January 24, 2008
Lucy, it's worth a try!grinning smiley I was a music major myself, and I'd love to have a certain Bulgarian-made violin (and it's semi-cheap). It's better to give than to receive, eh? So that way someone gets the satisfaction of giving me a new instrument!

Fantasyland sure is fun...tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
January 24, 2008
I'm all for offering free stuff for a good reason, hell I did it myself with my MIL's 40+ boxes of fabric, but posts that tack on "for the kids" for no good reason really get under my skin. If she had no kids, would she would just let herself choke on balls of pet hair?
Anonymous User
January 24, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> your "kid" grizzly wink.. i wish my "KID" has a x
> box wink.. my kid is 34 years old 6 foot tall 23
> stone, ... yes you got me.. its me..

And I would also like an XBox for my kid's friend, so he doesn't feel "left out" and develop anti-social behavior to become the next unibomber or clocktower sniper.
January 24, 2008
I like freecycle, it's a good way to get rid of useless crap you feel weird about throwing out. I can't throw out a magazine or a worn out tee shirt because it seems like wasting. I collect these things in a grocery bag, and when it's full, I post a "Free to who ever wants to pick them up off my porch - bag of magazines and/or bag of nice soft teeshirt rags. Must take entire bag" and when I get home from work, they're gone.

I rarely go on there to find stuff because it always seems to get snatched up pretty quickly, but it's fun to read what folks are getting rid of. It seems like you've got to always be reading it to get anything, which I guess is why these moos are always posting. It's not like they're doing anything else important. A friend got an awesome jukebox and an oak desk on freecycle, but he was unemployed so he had a lot of free time.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 24, 2008
Feh is correct that you have to check in a lot to get the goods. The reason I got the bookcase was because I was like the 12th person who responded to the ad, but the FIRST ONE WHO SHOWED UP to claim it. (Get this - my DH picked up the bookcase, and said that the woman told him she was giving it away to make room because she was "getting" a kid. She said it like that, as if it was an adoption or foster-care situation. Kind of the exact opposite of what usually goes on FreeCycle!).

I use FC to get rid of things that are still useful but not worth keeping around for the flea markets or the trouble of selling on eBay. I have sold lots of GOOD stuff on eBay, and we plan to do a flea market again as soon as they open for the spring.

Hey I just noticed that FC is CF spelled backwards!
Anonymous User
January 24, 2008
Wonder if they could invent a vacuum that would pick up kids??
January 24, 2008
I think they have one, it's called a "Black Hole" and you can buy one at the Outer Space Outlet.

Anonymous User
January 25, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> I think they have one, it's called a "Black Hole"

Heh, that's a good one...grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login