Posted by mercurior 
Bombers may use 'pregnancy prosthetics'
February 15, 2008
DHS: Bombers may use 'pregnancy prosthetics'
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 4:17 PM PT
Filed Under: Terrorism
By James Popkin, NBC News Senior Investigative Correspondent

http://deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/02/11/656670.aspx

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is reminding law-enforcement officials of the increased use of female suicide bombers worldwide, and warning that women terrorists might hide explosives in devices “that mimic the look of a pregnant woman.”

The unclassified DHS threat assessment, released Monday and obtained by NBC News, shows photographs of “pregnancy prosthetics,” hollowed-out devices that could hold explosive devices. The report says “female suicide bombers have used devices that make them appear pregnant to hide explosive devices.”

The DHS report states that terrorists are using female bombers more frequently, in part because these attacks generate “more widespread media exposure.” It adds: “Continued use of female suicide bombers-the most recent example being a 3 February 2008 attack at the main railway station in Colombo, Sri Lanka-indicates that terrorists judge this tactic as effective in increasing defenses and thwarting security measures.”

The report, marked “For Official Use Only,” is one of dozens of threat assessments issued jointly throughout the year by DHS and the FBI. The authors are quick to mention that there’s no immediate threat to the U.S.

“DHS and the FBI have no specific, credible intelligence indicating that terrorist organizations intend to utilize female suicide bombers against targets in the Homeland,” they write.

The report ticks off several recent attacks by women bombers in Iraq and Sri Lanka, and the recruitment of female suicide bombers in Chechnya, India, Pakistan, the Palestinian territories and Turkey.

Why the increase in women bombers? “DHS and the FBI assess that female suicide bombers may have an advantage over their male counterparts in accessing targets. The means to conduct a suicide attack vary widely, but a key element in maximizing the lethality of a suicide bombing is the bomber’s ability to get close to the target,” the report states. “Female suicide bombers may carry explosives devices in a backpack, briefcase, or purse, or hidden in an article of clothing worn close to the body, such as a vest, belt, long socks, or jacket

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: Bombers may use 'pregnancy prosthetics'
February 15, 2008
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06142007/news/worldnews/9_months_pregnant_bomber_nabbed_worldnews_andy_soltis.htm

June 14, 2007 -- Israeli authorities have arrested a Palestinian woman who was on her way to commit a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv - while she was pregnant with her ninth child, officials revealed yesterday.

Fatma Yunis Hassan Zak 39, was in her ninth month of pregnancy when she and her niece, Ruda Habib, 30, who has four young children of her own, said they planned to travel through Israel on a medical pretext and detonate their explosive belts in a double bombing.

Reports in the Israeli media indicated their targets were either a restaurant or event hall in Tel Aviv and Netanya or just in Tel Aviv.

Zak, who lives in the Gaza Strip, ran the "women's labor office" of the terrorist Islamic Jihad group for the past four years, according to Israel's Shin Bet security service.

Part of her job was to put women who wanted to become suicide bombers in contact with the group's bombmakers, it said.

Three months ago, Habib, who also lives in Gaza, told her she wanted to blow herself up in a mass murder. Zak decided to join her, according to her confession.

The two women obtained permission from Israeli authorities to pass through the Erez crossing on the Israel-Gaza border, claiming Habib needed medical treatment in Ramallah in the West Bank. Zak said she needed to accompany her niece.

They were given weapons training from Islamic Jihad and instructions on how to avoid suspicion while passing through Israel.

Shortly before the plot was to be carried out, Islamic Jihad released a video clip in which a high-ranking member claimed the group had prepared "dozens" of female bombers who were ready to attack Israel.

On May 20, the same day the video surfaced, Zak and Habib were arrested at the Erez crossing, apparently based on a tip.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 15, 2008
'Pregnant' bomber takes isle to the brink of civil war
By Richard Beeston, Diplomatic Editor

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article709431.ece

SRI LANKA was sliding back into civil war yesterday, after the military launched air strikes and shelled rebel Tamil positions in retaliation for a suicide attack that left the country’s top army officer badly injured.

There were fears that the island’s uneasy four-year ceasefire was unravelling and that simmering ethnic conflict could reignite into the sort of all-out war that raged in the 1980s and 1990s.

The bloody sequence of events was triggered yesterday morning when a suspected member of the Black Tigers suicide squad penetrated the heavily fortified Sri Lankan military headquarters in Colombo.

Posing as a pregnant woman and showing forged identity documents, the Tamil bomber concealed explosives around her waist and set off her device next to a car carrying Lieutenant General Sarath Fonseka, the recently appointed army chief of staff.

Witnesses reported seeing a “fireball” as the explosion ripped through the compound, leaving a circle of dead and wounded.

The army reported that at least 8 were killed in the blast and 27 wounded, including Lt Gen Fonseka who suffered severe abdominal injuries and was operated on by a team of 10 surgeons. He was said last night to be in critical condition.

February 15, 2008
When working loss prevention in retail, it was known how female shoplifters use pregnancy prosthetics to steal merchandise. That was a touchy situation since we were not allowed to "frisk" the perps. If there was suspicion on that issue, a request for a female officer was issued to determine if the woman was truly pregnant or using the prosthetic. Since military males cannot check the females, many Iraqi women have volunteered to do those inspections to try to keep their areas safe.
Anonymous User
February 15, 2008
You have no idea how deeply I depise Islam.
I have no use for this gutter religion (phrase courtesy of a frenchman who was sued by the religion of peace and toleerunts..and the french govt thought better of it and refused to prosecute).
Even more despicable imo are people who seem to ignore the many people who warn that, despite very nice individual muslims, Islam is a real danger to all.
As nice as they are, if they get the upper hand, all that vanishes in the barbarity which they have been famous for through the centuries. And then where will all us childfree end up??
(Please do NOT bring up the Crusades...the first crusade came 150 or so years AFTER muslim ass was kicked out for the first time).
From one of Mercurior's posts:

"Israeli authorities have arrested a Palestinian woman who was on her way to commit a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv - while she was pregnant with her ninth child, officials revealed yesterday.

"Fatma Yunis Hassan Zak 39, was in her ninth month of pregnancy when she and her niece, Ruda Habib, 30, who has four young children of her own, said they planned to travel through Israel on a medical pretext and detonate their explosive belts in a double bombing."

Yeah, you gotta love a culture that encourages a pregnant woman with multiple children to become a suicide bomber, leaving those children without a mother. Of course, maybe she and the other woman were simply tired of being breeders in a system that truly oppresses women.

What an impressive culture! I grant that this kind of nastiness is not supposed to be typical of Islam. But how are the rest of us in the world supposed to know that when we see this so often? Islam appears to be much more a religion for retarded psychopaths than a religion of responsible world stewardship and peace.
Anonymous User
February 16, 2008
If you really want a good head count and access to a lot of articles on the so called religion of peace (and articles as well on why I think Europe is lost, a decision I came to long before I found confirmation on the web) is
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com
I would be more impressed if muslims were out demonstrating against these so called radicals. the reason they aren't I think is three-fold
a) plain old human apathy, something weall are aquainted with
b) closet supporters of terror
subset: a study was done in england on muslims who support terror,
those who don't support it but will not turn in someone they know
who is going to do something , or understand why these muslims are
behaving violently
c) they are also threatened by the same forces if they oppose the so-called radicals.. they are threatened even here on this continent.

I could cite some sample of their OWN WRITINGS that indicate that islam is a vicious cult religion but I will leave it to that site. There are plenty of other better spoken people for that.
The final analysis is the so called radicals are just plain fundamentalists. Even Osama refered to himself as such.
The real question about Europe now is, will they roll over or will they fight.
February 20, 2008
"Israeli authorities have arrested a Palestinian woman who was on her way to commit a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv - while she was pregnant with her ninth child, officials revealed yesterday.

"Fatma Yunis Hassan Zak 39, was in her ninth month of pregnancy when she and her niece, Ruda Habib, 30, who has four young children of her own, said they planned to travel through Israel on a medical pretext and detonate their explosive belts in a double bombing."

If I had 8 children, and was expecting a 9th, I'd probably do everything in my power to get out of that situation as well...

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login