Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The baby and toddler fashion show

Posted by mercurior 
The baby and toddler fashion show
February 29, 2008
from one of my feeds. the bold bits are unbelievable.

Infant and Toddlers Rock Runway for Worldwide Fashion Preview by Baby Celebration LA

http://www.pr-inside.com/infant-and-toddlers-rock-runway-for-r460355.htm

2008-02-27 20:37:39 -

Over 30 up-and-coming fashion houses and boutique children's designers from Beverly Hills to the Netherlands unveil their latest spring and fall collections worn by models eighteen months to five years old at the "Sweet Petites and Tiny Treats" fashion show on Tues., April 8 at 11:30 A.M. PT at
Social Hollywood on Sunset.

The fashion preview is hosted by Baby Celebration LA - an annual celebration of babies and toddlers which offers the largest collection of boutique, hard-to-find, luxury products and services to expectant moms and new parents looking for an alternative to mass merchandise. Baby Celebration LA is held at the Los Angeles Convention Center April 12 - 13. Advance tickets are available by advance purchase or at the Los Angeles Convention Center Box Office for $10 each. Children 12 and under are free.

The baby and toddler fashion show - scheduled for the Tuesday before Baby Celebration LA weekend at the Los Angeles Convention Center - is the only event of its kind, hosting an international collection of boutique children's apparel designers who will come together and showcase luxury, ready-to-wear trends and fine baby fashions. The invitation only fashion show provides infant and toddler fashion stylemakers and select guests with a chance to preview some of the highlights that will be available to the public during Baby Celebration LA, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, April 12 - 13.

Candyland meets rock 'n roll, when fresh up-and-coming designers like the rockin' mod trends of Dandy Social Club, the multifaceted floral dresses and one of a kind fabrics from BabyLuLu, the born to rock fashions of SlickSugar, as well as more than two dozen other designers, who will come together to debut their latest fashions. Many designers at the show have adorned some of the best dressed children of celebrities including Gillian Anderson, Brooke Burke and Jenna Elfman.

"With more and more trendy boutiques catering specifically to babies and young children, we will be showing just some of the delights in store for the moms and dads attending Baby Celebration LA at the Los Angeles Convention Center, April 12 and 13," said Patrice Meluskey, co-producer Baby Celebration LA. "This is our exclusive fashion preview prior to Baby Celebration LA, which truly does bring together, for the public, the largest collection of unique, boutique baby and toddler fashions."

Last year, Baby Celebration LA attracted 15,000 plus attendees, and is expected to attract over 20,000 this year. This event will feature LA's Nanny of the Year Contest, a $50,000 Edible Eco Garden with a Sustainable, Renewable and Bio Degradable Playhouse and a $3,000 Stroller with iPod Integration, Wood Dashboard and Under-Carriage Lighting. There will also be the hottest urban toddler hip hop wear, Swarovski(R) crystal pacifiers and some of the most sought after sweatshop-free, earth-conscious clothing on the market today, all in a comfortable expectant mommy and baby-friendly environment.

"During my last pregnancy I realized how difficult it was to find modern, stylish outfits and the hottest new products for me and my baby all under one roof, and that led to the idea of Baby Celebration LA," said Penny Domschot, co-producer Baby Celebration LA. "As a work-at-home mom myself, I need to be efficient with my time. I understand the difficulties of traveling all over town carrying a child on your arm or in your tummy on a mission to find the latest baby luxuries. This event brings the best of the best together under one roof so you don't have to dress your masterpiece in mass merchandise."

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: The baby and toddler fashion show
February 29, 2008
AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
:kill

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
February 29, 2008
<"I understand the difficulties of traveling all over town carrying a child on your arm or in your tummy on a mission to find the latest baby luxuries. This event brings the best of the best together under one roof so you don't have to dress your masterpiece in mass merchandise.">

Masterpiece?? No, a masterpiece is something like the Mona Lisa, or Michelangelo's David, not some fucking cuntdumpling. A brat is not a masterpiece. Fucking hell.
Anonymous User
February 29, 2008
Hoo-boy...that is gonna be a scary time! I will envy no one in LA living close to that HORK-FEST during that time!
February 29, 2008
i thought that would get people.. but $3000 STROLLER. a Swarovski(R) crystal pacifier.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
February 29, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i thought that would get people.. but $3000
> STROLLER. a Swarovski(R) crystal pacifier.

WTF can somebody do with a crystal pacifier???!! LOL And I guess the good old $20 Graco fold-up umbrella stroller from Wal-Mart just isn't good enough anymore for today's "masterpieces"? LOL WHAT A FARCE!
I know what these parents can do with those crystal pacifiers. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
March 01, 2008
Nour Wrote:
> I know what these parents can do with those
> crystal pacifiers. smiling smiley

LOL!!!!
CFBitchfromLA
March 01, 2008
These LA breedertwats will spend the national debt of a small European country just to outdo each other with trendy brat shit. Some of the outrageous things I have seen on brat shower lists include a $4,000 crib, loads of expensive Bugaboo strollers and designer clothing from the likes of Chanel (WTF?) and others. I have zero idea why anyone would be stupid enough to buy an outfit for some puking snotbag that will no longer fit in a few weeks or buy a stroller that is more for looks than for utility. Breeders are the ultimate proof that fools and their money are soon parted.
March 02, 2008
CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
> These LA breedertwats will spend the national debt
> of a small European country just to outdo each
> other with trendy brat shit. Some of the
> outrageous things I have seen on brat shower lists
> include a $4,000 crib, loads of expensive Bugaboo
> strollers and designer clothing from the likes of
> Chanel (WTF?) and others. I have zero idea why
> anyone would be stupid enough to buy an outfit for
> some puking snotbag that will no longer fit in a
> few weeks or buy a stroller that is more for looks
> than for utility. Breeders are the ultimate proof
> that fools and their money are soon parted.

Yet, the limousine libs of Hollywood will act like a trip to Africa is some big deal. Why not feed these people instead of getting the Golden Sprog expensive nappies, clothing, and pacifiers? Regardless of what anyone thinks of the President, at least he went over to Africa to give out mosquito nets so the Africans could sleep without fear of getting malaria from those insect bites and work on schools in Zimbabwe. No one is perfect but the stars really frost my ass. Oprah did something good, though, by starting a school in South Africa. When sex abuse scandal hit the SA school, she dealt with it rather than try to hide it from the media.
March 02, 2008
I hate all of this materialism when it comes to baby items. I read an article once about when Britney Spears was ready to crap the first kid out and how some fashion designer was going to provide the kid with a full wardrobe of designer baby clothes. Why in the blue fuck is Skankney getting free swag for her brat when the amount of money those clothes are worth could probably provide 50 babies of poor families with clothes (or clothes for homeless adults, or something).

@CFBitchfromLA: I haven't been invited to a baby shower in a while, but I'll refuse to go if the registry is filled with pointless shit like designer clothes and $4000 strollers. Maybe I'd just send a card with a picture of a hand giving the middle finger if the greedymoo had a registry like that.
March 03, 2008
I'm beginning to think that having kids is a sign that you just have more money than you know what to do with. Withdrawing all your funds, gathering them in a pile in your back yard, dousing it in gasoline and setting it alight would have the same effect. "LOOKIE ME!!! I'm so rich I can just BURN this money!"

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login