Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scrubs - 875

Posted by Feh 
Feh
Scrubs - 875
January 25, 2006
I had to stop watching this show. My head almost exploded two weeks ago when having and raising a child was compared to "raising a dog who eventually learns to talk".

Has anyone noticed how watchable shows eventually get ruined by the introduction of babies? I predict Scrubs won't be on for more than a couple more seasons.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: Scrubs - 884
January 26, 2006
I never watched this show, now I know why. I just hate TV in general because of shows like this.
leaning toward childfree
January 27, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Watch House. When a twelve-year-old girl (that's not a typo. she was 12) came in and it turned out she was pregnant and just having weird reactions to being pregnant (another reason not to get pregnant), he said to her--

"According to state law, someone has to tell your parents that you are getting an abortion. I think it should be you. The procedure will be done tomorrow." And then he saunters away on his cane.

On any other show, this little girl would have not only carried her baby, but probably kept it. House don't play that.
Cambion
January 28, 2006
I also don't watch "real" television just because of the dumb shit that is played. Damn sprogs ruin otherwise decent or good stories. And people wonder why I only watch cartoons and anime..pff.
January 28, 2006
I persoanlly like to watch reruns of "Becker" or "The King of Queens" where you find only adults as characters and nobody has bratty children!
VLM
January 28, 2006
HOUSE ROCKS!! smiling smiley

Scrubs sucks. I never watched Scrubs, either.

Offtopic: Whaddya wanna bet that on the series finale of Will and Grace that Grace is pregnant? At least that show is going off the air.

INTRODUCING A BABY ON A T.V. SHOW DOES NOT MAKE IT BETTER!!! Like why did Sookie start popping out pot roasts on Gilmore Girls?! What was the purprose????? If it's written into the script that either Lorelai or Rory become pregnant anytime soon on that show, that'll be the end of it!
Lady Cooper
January 28, 2006
Ahhh...best comedy series ever (I guess it was technically a sitcom), was Made In Canada (it was shown on PBS in the States for a bit under the title The Industry). I was a dark satire about the television industry, wickedly funny, and while most of the main characters had sex with each other, there were no long term relationships and not a single kid! I think in the 5 years that it ran, there was one child on the show, and he was part of a spoof on the Elian Gonzales crap. Nothing sappy, nothing cute, the kid was more of a prop.

No laugh tracks either! (Eh, we don't really do laugh tracks in Canada. Live audiences or nothing.)

And plus, Rick Mercer was one of the main characters, you know, the guy that did the Beer Not Kids petition? Hot.
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 30, 2006
I LOVE that British sitcom "Absolutely Fabulous." What a riot! No brats and it's raw, adult humor.
mercurior 1
January 30, 2006
even in ab fab the breeders half win, in the last series saffy has a kid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/abfab/vault/series5/clubbin.shtml

Saffy receives a visit from her sadistic midwife and is subjected to a demonstration of most painful aspects of childbirth. Eddy meets with her bookclub and is distressed to find that Elizabeth Hurley has pulled out at the last minute. Only Patsy, Plum and Mariella Frostrup turn up to discuss the literary merits of OK! magazine.

Meanwhile Saffy has invited John - her baby's father - to the house to tell him the good news. Eddy is ecstatic to discover that John is black and that her grandchild will therefore be mixed race. "It's the Chanel of babies!" she crows.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.