Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posted by Feh 
Feh
January 25, 2006
When will these idiots learn that it isn't the advertising that leads to obesity? It's the spinless, idiot, fucktard parents who "just can't say no" to cute, or shrieking, lil' Sprogalina and Rotass. Oh yeah, NEVER FUCKING EVER will the assbag breedersons take responsiblity for their own goddamned actions.

I don't get drunk watching beer ads, I get drunk drinking beer.
GAH! GAH!
Latrodectra
Re: 885
January 25, 2006
More people too lazy and too stupid to say no to their kids. I was a hyperactive child and was on the Feingold diet so that ment I couldn't have much of anything especially what was advertised on the tv. My mom had no trouble saying no to me.
sprogless
January 25, 2006
Jesus Christ, I am sick of these goddamn, lazy-assed, do-gooders! The breeders are so self- absorbed, they can't even be bothered to prepare their craplings a decent meal. Breeders are incompetent on so many levels. Excuse me, I have to go bang my head against the wall, now...
Cambion
January 25, 2006
I know the term "eye candy" is a metaphor, but obviously these dumb-shit breeders don't, and they're lost in the fantasy that their little shit loaves get fat from watching commercials advertising junk food. I've said it before and I'll say it again - breeders can't admit to their own incompetence, stupidity, and lack of parenting, so they look for others to be the scapegoat.

For once in their lives, would it kill them to do some actual parenting?
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 26, 2006
The reason kids are overweight from fast food is simple. The breeders are too lazy and stupid to make healthy, balanced meals for their families. I mean really, which is more convenient: planning and making a nice healthy meal or whipping into McDonald's for burgers and fries? All which can be eaten in the car by the time you get home, right in time to shove the garbage under the seat then corral the brats into the house and plop them in front of the TV?
sprogless
January 26, 2006
Cambion said:
For once in their lives, would it kill them to do some actual parenting?

Probably. See, if they had to parent their kids, they wouldn't have as much time to spend on themselves.

I don't know how long ago this happened, but McDonalds has another Happy Meal. It's called the Mighty Kids meal. Double cheeseburger, lg. fries and a milkshake. 2 cookies. The kids I see eating these are the ones that need them the least. Childhood obesity isn't a public health problem. It's a parenting problem.
Nour
January 26, 2006
Mighty Kids Meal? Are you shitting me? I couldn't finish the meal you have described, and I am a very active adult. (Not that I would eat it, as I am a vegetarian and don't eat fast food.)

Parunts are so stupid. They just hand over their power to the kids and then are astonished and wonder why. KFLL, you put it well. Breeders are lazy and stupid.
KB
January 26, 2006
I ate McD's at least once a week when I was a kid--I WAS NEVER OVERWEIGHT! The problem is all the OTHER garbage these kids are getting fed at school, and some of it IS the fault of the food companies using cheaper ingredients (using soybean oil to cook McD's fries DOUBLES the amount of fat in them, when they used beef tallow it was not the case).
Anyone see Super Size Me? There's a great scene where he asks the kids to identify some pics--one is of Jesus and NONE of the kids gets it right. When he shows them Ronald McDonald THEY ALL KNOW WHO HE IS!
The reason these companies market to kiddoes is because the fucking parents are TOO LAZY TO SAY NO! And the parents are eating there, too, so that just perpetuates the laziness of our society.
I'm not saying they should be sued, but all the way around we are being poisoned by additives and shit in our food, and if you need proof just look around.
CF 4 Ever
January 26, 2006
I learned about the Mighty Kids meal about 2 years ago, when I was spending some "quality time" with my grand-nephew. He was 5 years old, and he asked me to take him to McDonalds. I hadn't been there for months, so I thought "sure, why not." Well, I didn't know that his mom and step-dad take him to McD THREE TIMES A WEEK. When we got inside, I started to order him a Happy Meal. He yelled "NOOOO!!! I get a MIGHTY KIDS MEAL!!!!" So, I looked at the menu and sure enough, there it was: 1,000 delicious calaries, all for him. I asked the teensprog behind the counter, "So, does ANYONE still order the good ol' Happy Meal anymore?" She said "Not really. All the kids want the bigger one. And some kids get two Mighty Kids Meals just for themselves." I really learned alot that day. I don't take my grand-newphew there anymore. Since I don't see him very often, I usually take him to a nearby amusement park. At least there, he has to do A LOT of walking to earn that cotton candy! And I can afford to take him to an amusement park and be the "fun grand-uncle" because....... --CF 4 Ever
CF Scorpio
January 26, 2006
Holy crap! I never heard of a Mighty Kids meal before!

But I'll tell you who eats happy meals: people on WeightWatchers. My adult co-worker used to order them for herself. It was some trick they taught them at WeightWatchers for when you have a fast food craving. At least that way you get a taste of the food without the huge-ass portions.

CF 4 Ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I learned about the Mighty Kids meal about 2 years
> ago, when I was spending some "quality time" with
> my grand-nephew. He was 5 years old, and he asked
> me to take him to McDonalds. I hadn't been there
> for months, so I thought "sure, why not." Well, I
> didn't know that his mom and step-dad take him to
> McD THREE TIMES A WEEK. When we got inside, I
> started to order him a Happy Meal. He yelled
> "NOOOO!!! I get a MIGHTY KIDS MEAL!!!!" So, I
> looked at the menu and sure enough, there it was:
> 1,000 delicious calaries, all for him. I asked the
> teensprog behind the counter, "So, does ANYONE
> still order the good ol' Happy Meal anymore?" She
> said "Not really. All the kids want the bigger
> one. And some kids get two Mighty Kids Meals just
> for themselves."

Nour
January 26, 2006
There is a theory that food companies are putting chemicals or something in processed food to get people to eat more of it.
(Can't eat just one Lays potato chip?) It doesn't sound too far-fetched to me.

It sounds similar to when it came out that cigarette companies were putting dangerous chemicals in the cigarettes to affect how quickly the effects of nicotine crossed the blood/brain barrier. (The movie "The Insider" chronicles this.)
Feh
January 27, 2006
I heard somewhere the addictive chemical is actually MSG, which basically induces your body to make a chemical similar to sweet, sweet valium. Thusly, you eat someting with MSG, feel mellow, enjoy that feeling and want more of it.

I wasn't raised with the best diet in the world. Lazy hippies who teach a kid to cook at an early age end up with a kid who eats alot of peanut butter and canned food. However, I played outside every freaking day. Parks, cornfields, playgrounds, whatever, my friends and I were the terrors of every open space in the vicinty of our homes. No fences could keep us out or in, no tree was too tall, and no area too large. We didn't have structured "play dates" or alot of commitments in terms of lessons or teams. Magically, through the power of physical excersise, I was not a fat kid, and I really think that's what it comes down to. Allot of kids I knew ate sugar cereals, fast food, white bread, hotdogs, had a snack drawer at home, what have you.

Kids I know now, come home, grab a some grub and sit their asses down infront of the teevee to play video games or watch cartoons until their parents come home. Then they move to their bedrooms to continue sitting and watching until supper, then the maybe the whole family will sit together after supper for more teevee.
CF Scorpio
January 27, 2006
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a theory that food companies are putting
> chemicals or something in processed food to get
> people to eat more of it.
> (Can't eat just one Lays potato chip?) It doesn't
> sound too far-fetched to me.
>

There was a comic book that came out around the late '80s that had that as a theme. (I forget if it was Raw or Hard Boiled or what the name was.) The main character was a detective who accidentally uncovered that the big fast food chain was putting attictive chemicals in their burgers. It did not have a happy ending, as I recall.
Cambion
January 28, 2006
Here's a fun little tidbit I want to add to the fast-food rant:

My elementary school - a private Catholic school - was run by lazy idiots who couldn't even hire people to make remotely normal food for the kids. The school actually ordered fast food for lunch every day, and the menu never changed. I can remember the menu - Monday was pizza from a local restaurant, Tuesday was McDonald's, Wednesday was a different pizza restaurant, Thursday was KFC, and Friday was Pizza Hut. Students could bring their lunches, but some kids ordered their food every day! My mom was dumb enough to let me eat fast food 3 times a week at school, and then my grandma would take me to get more fast food on other days, and every Friday night, she would order a pizza. And people wondered why I was so fucking huge when I was younger.

As far as I know, my elementary school is still run by lazy fucktards who don't believe in good nutrition.
VLM
January 28, 2006
I also blame parents for their kids' weight problems and usually, if the kids are overweight, so are the parents. They usually do not take the initiative to maintain better control over their eating patterns, so why would they do the same thing for their brats? I'm fat, and I blame no one else but ME for being fat. No one forced that Edy's Dreamery tiramisu ice cream into my mouth but ME, so as someone wrote above, many breeders of today don't want to PARENT. They want to take the easiest route possible when dealing with their brats, and if that means buy them a double or triple Whopper with cheese to shut them up, that's what they'll do.

Sort of off topic: I was once a participant of WW, and I think I had heard that before - ordering a Happy Meal because it has "less points." But then again, WW also suggested that if you have a craving, put it off for a few hours, and if you still crave it, then go out and get it anyway. Um, not a good suggestion for someone who is TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT. I personally give WW and all the other "weight loss programs" the middle finger now, but again, that's a different topic.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.