Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2614 Career Advice to Wannabreeds

Posted by LucyTrainWreck 
2614 Career Advice to Wannabreeds
March 02, 2008
OMFG! What a bunch of sexist drivel! So I guess the dame who wrote this article expects women to irresponsibly have kids, even if they don't have the proper time or money to do it. I'll use my family as an example of why this lady is full of shit:

My parents had me and my brother right out of high school. While I love them and get along with them well now, life wasn't exactly easy growing up. My parents argued a lot, and my mom especially had her pick of crappy jobs from which to choose because she was never pushed to go to college or anything. We were not in a good financial situation, probably just over the poverty line.

On the other side, my cousin and her husband waited until their late twenties to have their first kid. They both went to college, got decent careers, and enjoyed being a married couple for a few years by traveling, buying a nice home, etc. They have a daughter and son now, whom they take care of well because they WAITED until they were emotionally and financially ready to have kids. Ditto for my godmother and her husband, who didn't have their son until their mid-thirties. Actually, a lot of my parents' friends waited until their thirties to have kids, and I see the difference in the maturity of how they deal with raising them.

The author of this article did not think of the consequences of popping out a kid when one isn't ready. I also think that the media is part of a vast conspiracy to have women live like the characters in "The Handmaid's Tale".

Here are some of my direct comments to this article:

-If you are past your early twenties, and you're single and want to have children, you need to find a partner now.-

Sure, just find some random guy and let him spray his man seed in your hoohah! Don't worry if he ends up being a Scott Peterson type, just care about having a wallet/sperm donor-not anyone important like a soul mate (obvious sarcasm here)

-No generation of women has had more trouble with fertility than this generation, who received the terrible baby boomer advice, "Wait. You have time. Focus on your career first."-

Oh wait, I forgot! Telling a woman to pursue a career is such a bad idea! She should just be barefoot and pregnant all the time and be living in the kitchen like a modern June Cleaver, 'cause you know, career women are so mean for working and not spending every waking hour with Snotleigh. The baby boomer generation grew up in the sixties, which had more liberal attitudes towards the status of women, SOMETHING WE COULD USE TODAY!
Just think of all the late-twenty-somethings and early-thirty-somethings who are going to go into high-gear panic upon reading this article. I'm so glad I have a brain and recognize that I can choose not to breed, and then there's no more need for debate!

Wait, I must not be a woman if I'm nearing middle age, don't have a baby, and don't want a baby!
Re: 2614 Career Advice to Wannabreeds
March 03, 2008
i want to add, if you have a baby you cant have a career.

Notice, its a woman that says this.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 03, 2008
Like people need any more encouragement to breed.
March 03, 2008
Funny how breeders love to go on about how much more advanced they are than us, because they've selflessly chosen to breed, yet the subtitle of the article "Women eager to have a baby need to direct career drive toward mating"...seems to imply to me that if you have a career drive, like a human, you should just give it up and mate with the nearest fertile male...kind of like an animal.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
March 03, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like people need any more encouragement to breed.

Quite. When will various people get it into their thick heads that a/ there are too damn many people on earth and b/there are women who are not the slightest bit interested in breeding.
Penelope Trunk is a sexist pig. She can't write worth a damn either: Starting tons of here sentences with "There is" and "There are." Oh, and according to her boring-ass blog, she's getting a divorce!
March 03, 2008
Nour Wrote:
> Penelope Trunk is a sexist pig. She can't write
> worth a damn either: Starting tons of here
> sentences with "There is" and "There are." Oh, and
> according to her boring-ass blog, she's getting a
> divorce!

Well, I certainly hope she pooped out some kids first...because the CLOCKS TICKING!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Further down on her shitty blog is all about her postpartum depression and her unemployed husband and how she had to deal with it "with no support system."
March 03, 2008
So knowing this, how can anyone, possibly take her advice seriously?

All she's saying is, "My life sucks balls so you should breed and be as unhappy as I am." What a stupid cunt.

Proof that misery does, indeed, love company.

Nour Wrote:
> Further down on her shitty blog is all about her
> postpartum depression and her unemployed husband
> and how she had to deal with it "with no support
> system."
March 04, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> >
> Proof that misery does, indeed, love company.
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
Not just that - it goes out of its way to recruit it!

What a sexist cunt angry flipping off. She can't write for shite either.
Here's another gem from Ms. Trunk:

"When I was 30 I did not have a boyfriend. I hired a dating service for 10K, (which at the time was the best way to deal with my ticking clock) and the guys who were coming up were great investors for my company and lousy husband prospects. (Except for the Calvin Klein model. He was not a good husband or a good investor. He was totally ridiculous.) At that point, I was making a ton of money, and I could have afforded a lot of this stuff. If I had known about it, I would have done it."

Women like her make me want to quit my job, drop out of society and find a nice isolated shack in the woods and just get away from the downward spiral that is humanity. I'm thirty years old, and I can't imagine being so desperate for ANY reason. If I were making good money, the last thing on my mind would be I GOTTA HAVE A BAYBEE!!!! It would be, gee do I go to Tahiti or Switzerland this Christmas?

Gawd, it's like a whole generation of overprivileged would-be June Cleavers are actually throwing away their good fortune (access to private school educations and high paying jobs) to knock themselves a few rungs down the socioeconomic ladder. What retards.
March 04, 2008
WAAAAH! I willingly spent thousands on a scam!!!!
What a stupid cow. She deserves every ounce of misery in her pathetic life, and then some.

--Me
March 04, 2008
Apparently, this cunt wrote a book on career success.

I guess the closing lines of her book reads, "And in the end, if you can't make your own success, get knocked up so you can have you tentacles in a mayun's wallet for the next 18+ years"

http://penelopetrunk.com/
DrDanCorelli
March 04, 2008
Does anyone believe for a second that the walking uterus actually dated a Calvin Klein model?

---hearing crickets chirping---

Didn't think so.
March 04, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Apparently, this cunt wrote a book on career
> success.
>
> I guess the closing lines of her book reads, "And
> in the end, if you can't make your own success,
> get knocked up so you can have you tentacles in a
> mayun's wallet for the next 18+ years"
>
> http://penelopetrunk.com/

And here's a "work" sample from one of Penelope's co-cow-workers, Moo Maggie Jackson, who makes me two faces puking! http://www.boston.com/jobs/news/articles/2008/01/13/on_ramping_not_just_for_women_anymore/

The web site has way too much breeder shit in general, even in so-called "news" stories.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
March 05, 2008
OH PUH-LEASE.

ON RAMPING?

WTF?

Oh, I guess that's new the-fangled, politically correct term for lazy breeders who have been out of work for years and now need to get back to work.

I guess "re-entering the workforce" was too many syllables for those dumbasses to pronounce, or the term made them feel bad about themselves. Maybe they need a hug.
March 05, 2008
Nour Wrote:
> Further down on her shitty blog is all about her
> postpartum depression and her unemployed husband
> and how she had to deal with it "with no support
> system."

Sounds like the husband is a looter. He could take a lesser job until something in his field came along. I gather Ms. Trunk needs the "success" to pay for the mooch she is married to rather than leave his ass.
March 05, 2008
Oops eye rolling smiley...I should have read her blog before posting. She is divorcing the guy. At least, she is getting rid of Mr. Not-Working...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login