Men warned on fertility clinics' stored embryos

Posted by mercurior 
March 03, 2008
By Bonnie Malkin
Last Updated: 2:24am GMT 03/03/2008

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/03/nembryo103.xml

Men who have created stored embryos with their partners have been warned to alert fertility clinics if their relationship ends after a woman used embryos created with her estranged husband to have two children without his knowledge.

MPs dismayed by HFEA's hybrid egg decision
It emerged that the woman allegedly forged her husband's signature on consent forms after they separated so that she could have the frozen embryos implanted into her womb.

advertisementShe had two children from two separate pregnancies using the embryos.

Her husband found out about the alleged deception only when one child fell seriously ill and he was contacted by a family member. He has since sought legal advice about suing Bourn Hall clinic, where his wife was allegedly treated.

A spokesman for The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) said the case highlighted the responsibility men had to let clinics know if their status changed and they wanted to remove their consent.

"There's an onus on the man himself. If you have got embryos in storage and you change your mind you need to let the clinic know," he said.

Clinics need only written consent from a man to use embryos created with his sperm, they do not need to see him in person.

However, consent to use frozen embryos can be withdrawn at any time.

Dr Thomas Mathews, the medical director of Bourn Hall clinic, said: "There has been at least one case where a woman deceived us into implanting embryos without her husband's consent.

"We now photograph every couple at the first visit and check their photographic identity at every subsequent visit."

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: Men warned on fertility clinics' stored embryos
March 03, 2008
Yep, and the brood sow can cry for child support and she'll get it. Just another way men become the walking wallets for these cunts.

There should be all sorts of legal docs drawn up when you freeze embryos. Stuff to the tune of having signed disclaimers that if the relationship ends, the embryos get destroyed, etc.
Years ago there was a series 'Dear John'.
I remember I totally despised the ex-wife. From the beginning, she struck me as a totally self-centered narcissistic bitch.
One episode had John trying to steal his own sperm from a bank because breeder bitch ex wanted to have another kid, with John footing the bill through child support payments.
That really made me want to puke. Also thought that I would have termed it 'justifiable homicide'.
That woman should be done for fraud. I hope she does not have the gall to subsequently try and get any money out of the guy for brat-support later.
How's Mama gonna explain this one to the kiddies? She's gonna have to come up with a whopper!
Isn't this theft? She took the embryos without permission. She should have the kiddies taken away, right?
And what's up with dude? He ain't too bright to leave embryos floating around out there.
March 03, 2008
Creating and freezing embryos and eggs???

Sounds like canning time, huh?eye rolling smiley

What's wrong with being smart in love, having natural healthy children at a correct age, and oh, yes, adoption if too old?
**canning time**
Break out those Mason jars! LOL
March 04, 2008
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> **canning time**
> Break out those Mason jars! LOL

No! Break the mason jars!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I don't know the law in the UK, but in Washington State it is a felony to forge a signature to receive a service for value like the implantation of an embryo. Not only is the stupid bitch guilty of fraud, but probably theft and making false statements or perjury to boot.

Come to think of it, that is what the bitch needs--a good, solid boot in the ass.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login