Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One for the team..

Posted by Dylan 
Dylan
One for the team..
March 11, 2008
one for the team taken from TDC:

"my wife says i am selfish for not wanting to have kids - she knew i did not want them!!
guess what? she is selfish for wanting them!! NOT wanting kids is NOT selfish. tell me ONE un-selfish reason for WANTING them!!!"
Re: One for the team..
March 11, 2008
They make it sound like "selfish" is a BAD thing. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of someone else, or have a pet.
March 12, 2008
Damn straight I'm selfish. As if that's a bad thing? I work my ass off for everything I have and yes, it's MINE.

I'm selfish in the ways of wanting time for me and SO and for our pets, money to save and plan for our retirement, time to sleep in, US time in the evenings and weekends, the ability to be spontaneous with stuff, and the list goes ON.............

BUT! We are always there to help our friends and family in times of need. How many breeders can say that? Anytime I've ever needed help, the breeders are always SOOOOO BIZZY with their famblees. I don't think we're the selfish ones in this case.
March 12, 2008
EVERYONE is selfish, it's the way we're made, you know? To look out for ourselves and our best interests. Sure, breeders say they aren't selfish because they have sprogs to care for, but the twist there is that they only really care about THEIR OWN family unit...the rest of humanity be damned. And really, I'm guessing the only reason many breeders provide their sprogs with a modicum of care is because if they don't, they'll end up in jail. They aren't doing it out of love or devotion, but out of punishment avoidance.

I may be selfish in my choice to not breed, but that affects ONLY ME. When you breed, and refuse to do a proper job of raising your spawn, you are affecting EVERYONE in a bad way, and that's the height of selfishness.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
March 12, 2008
When someone "WANTS" a kid, that's the very definition of selfish, its a want! We are all selfish in a way. But breeders think that they are selfless, LOL but by them WANTING babyeees is also being selfish, As someone stated, being CF doesnt affect anyone else. Crapping out kids affects everyone and everything.
Nour
March 12, 2008
Breeders ONLY tie selfishness together with not wanting kids because they want to guilt people into doing what they have done OR wannabreeds who use it to pressure someone to make a baybee. There is no logic behind it at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login