Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You won't believe in god anymore

Posted by SlumSlut 
You won't believe in god anymore
March 16, 2008
Now that I've got your attention with the catchy title, listen up, because I have to tell you a story. It is a little background for you to know that my mother died of colon cancer 6 and a half years ago, but not to draw conclusions from the fact that I mention this.

A little over one month ago (Feb. 14, 2008), my 86-year-old grandfather turned off the boiler in the house (we found out later) and proceeded to crash his Toyota Corolla into a large tree around the corner from our house(s) (I live next door to them) and two doors away from where my aunt lives. No one was hurt except him, although people were in the path of his car not ten minutes before. The way it happened was that the snow on top of the car slid onto the windshield and he panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake. We don't have to worry about him driving THAT car anymore.

Oh, and I should mention that he had just renewed his driver's license. Someone made him go TO the RMV instead of doing it through the mail, and he passed the eye test.

Well, long story short, I just heard he is supposed to be coming home TOMORROW (Monday). He was out of intensive care in a little over a week (they had airlifted him to Boston because the paramedics weren't certain how seriously his injuries were, but other than lots of cuts and abrasions and a concussion from where his head went through the windshield, he is basically ok), but then was sent to a rehab where they weren't prepared to deal with his dementia and behaviour, so they sent him for a psych evaluation, where he did really well, other than the fact that he thought he was in a "nursing home" and he was afraid because he had heard of cases where people in nursing homes were poisoned or overdosed by their nurse or whatever... I have heard of those stories too and this brings up all kinds of issues with what am I going to do when it's me at that age.

Whew. I got that off my chest without a lot of typing. This is the perfect topic for the CF message board, and if there is anything anyone is curious about that I forgot to mention, I would be more than happy to fill you in, but I just wanted to get through the story in complete sentences. Thank you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: You won't believe in god anymore
March 16, 2008
i dont beleive in god anymore, i dont beleive in the devil either.

i have seen too many things to beleive in any caring god.

all i can say is i hope you get through things ok, (my aunt may be getting alzheimers, early symptoms are there, and she is terrified that she will die next year.. Its hard to be with people you see fade, i lost my dad, i saw him die for 8 years,

hope everything goes well.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: You won't believe in god anymore
March 16, 2008
I am amazed that things are going so well. I hope I am doing that well when I am that age. I also work with a man who is 75 and could have retired years ago. Jimmy went into the hospital a couple of years ago, then was out on short-term disability, then he came back to work half-time, and recently he went back to 40 hours.

I just put that title to throw people off a little bit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login