Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article to Piss You All Off

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Article to Piss You All Off
March 17, 2008
Here's an article in my local morning newspaper:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_5momlaw.5812858mar17,0,3847071.story

Read it, it will make you gag. Oh, and be sure to post your own comments. See mine written under the name of Claire (not my real name), it's like comment #12.

If it's NOT there, asshole moderator probably deleted like he has a habit of doing with a lot of my posts because I like to tell it like it is and I guess people don't like to hear it.
Re: Article to Piss You All Off
March 17, 2008
MY comment

so 54% of people who work ARENT mothers then. If you are not able to do a job, for whatever reason other commitments, then dont do that job.

Its a sense of entitlement, i am a mother, i can work get paid the same for doing less work.

There are exceptions, but i dont count those. I live in the UK, I work in a predominantly female field, I am forever covering for maternity, for sick kids, they all came to me because they knew i would work, i didnt have a wife (i do now), and i was there to cover all the time. in 2 years work, 2 of my bosses, went off on maternity leave, one after the other, so in a busy office, there was only one person there. Some mothers CANT do the job, so why go for it. if you cant give all your time to the job, then what use are you to them

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 17, 2008
Mine:

While I don't have a problem with mothers working outside the home, I do have a problem with the assumption that non-childed employees will happily pick up the slack when moms (and dads) have to leave work early for kid issues-real or manufactured (and I've heard enough parents talking in the bathroom about needing time off and faking a kid's illness, to know not all parents are saints and use their kids as a get out of jail free card from work). If mothers want/need to work, fine, they shouldn't expect the same treatment as an employee who is able to give more to the workplace because they aren't tied up with child issues. I'm female, by the way-I'm just tired of picking up the slack for the moms in my office.
Ketchup
March 17, 2008
First of all, any company that immediately looks at a potential employee as a liability is not a company one should be trying to get a job at, be it marital, health, or childed status. These are the companies (been there, done that) that will expect you to work yourself into the ground for crappy pay and crappy benefits.

Second, I have actually seen the reverse be true. I have often felt like an outsider at jobs because I am a female who doesn't want kids. I have been asked at job interviews if I am married with kids, not because it would be a problem for the company, but as sort of a litmus test to see if I'm "normal" enough to work for them.
March 17, 2008
Ahhh...it's the breeder way, Don't like something? Make a law against it!

She's whining because she had to take temp jobs and use welfare to feed the kids she chose to have? I had to take temp jobs and DIDN'T GET DICK from the government the last time I was jobless. Fuck her and her entitled ass thinking she should get the first job she applies for simply because she's a MOOOOOOOOTYR!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
k-man
March 17, 2008
In my experience in long-term jobs in a private corporation and state government, those most likely to call in are moos using their kyds as an excuse.

Years ago one of the moos I worked with took a Friday off to take her kyds to one of the big-name amusement parks an hour's drive away from the area. As I remember thinking then, that would never be an acceptable reason for a man to take a day—and why couldn't she have taken her sprogs on Saturday or Sunday anyway? She later received promotions to positions that others had wanted, despite constantly calling in or leaving because of her kyds. Must be nice.
March 21, 2008
Kikki Peppard should have thought about that BEFORE she had kids. Let's face it. It does cost more to employ a moo. Laws or not, companies will find a way to not hire a moo. Yes, moos do take more time off and yes, they can be more trouble.

But if someone needs real protection and anti-discrimination help, it would be a single, white American male. We get questioned, scrutinized and get shafted in many ways. We have no affirmative action and have no "Race" card we can play. If Kikki got something to bitch about, she needs to live as a white man for about a month. She will love her female moohood more than ever.
CFinPDX
March 28, 2008
Once again proof that breeders never consider the ramifications of breeding.

Loved Pepper's post most of all. Made the point without all of the emotional baggage and flaming.
Peppertree
March 28, 2008
Thanks, CFinPDX!

Pepper/Peppertreesmiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login