Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Convergyssucks.com's posting: typical single moo

Posted by amethusos* 
Convergyssucks.com's posting: typical single moo
March 29, 2008
http://www.csdconline.com/index.php?showtopic=2629&pid=68111&st=0&#entry68111

I used to work at the Orlando (Heathrow), Florida Convergys. I participate on this board under the ID, ms.lucumi. This thread says it all once you start reading:

Moo, without a husband...mind you, goes on leave and gets bennies from the CON to birth the baby. She decides she cannot go back to work once she looks at that tiny baby boy. Convergys no longer wants to pay their share of the delivery bill.

So far, my post is the last one until some angry single moms come on from the CON...
Re: Convergyssucks.com's posting: typical single moo
March 29, 2008
so she works for them, get paid by them, decided to have a child, then quits..

and she still expects them to pay. the company only pays because they are under the impression that this will make a better worker. But as you have seen, it doesnt. They get what they want, and sod the company.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 29, 2008
I already got pinged by another woman. I do not get why females think it is so fucking lovely for a lady (I use the term loosely) would give birth to a baby as a single mother. Sure, it took two people to make the kid but the woman is stuck like Chuck once she misses her period and the guy is gone...gone...gone. The other woman on this thread said not to listen to me and wished her good luck. Yeah, the single mawm is going to need all of the 'luck' she can get but she is in Canada and it is sooooo easy to get on the dole for life when an unwed moo does not want to work.

Another issue I brought up is how the employee pays very little into the employer-sponsored insurance. The employer pays the bulk of the monthly premiums and any other out-of-pocket costs that the worker does not pay. The CON was a horrid place to work but they are not responsible for anyone who chooses to just up and quit after maternity leave. Believe me, Convergys does their homework before firing anyone or after the person quits. That is how they get out of paying out for unemployment claims or continuing to dole out health care for the mommy who pops in after the baby is born saying she is not returning to the job. The woman quit voluntarily.
Sounds like this stupid single moo is spouting the usual entitlemoo bullshit. "WAAAAHHH! I got knocked up, went on moo-ternity leave, then decided to quit, but you bastards better pay for my delivery! WAAAAAAAH!"

As for that person who respondeed to you, it's just more of the same typical "You're being so harsh/mean!" crap. UGH.
March 29, 2008
VLM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like this stupid single moo is spouting the
> usual entitlemoo bullshit. "WAAAAHHH! I got
> knocked up, went on moo-ternity leave, then
> decided to quit, but you bastards better pay for
> my delivery! WAAAAAAAH!"
>
> As for that person who respondeed to you, it's
> just more of the same typical "You're being so
> harsh/mean!" crap. UGH.

The Moderator got in on it telling me to be more civil. As for the socialized medicine, a Canadian friend living here in the States actually misses it. I said nothing wrong re: that issue. One American single moo tried to illegally get into Canada thinking she would get the bennies like we give to illegals in the States. I bet this would not have been an issue re: my post had this woman not given birth to a bastard baby. All I stated was how any company pays far more for our health care benefits than what the employee contributes.

I guess I better stay off the thread lest I get banned despite the fact that co-workers have did the "judgment thing" when another former employee was fired. Boy...one former floorwalker from Convergys was taken to task by people who worked in that center, No one got on their case or threatened to lock that thread. This woman, the former floorwalker, was attacked with no proof of what was said she did on the job so she just left the site. Riddick did not defend her.

I enjoy Convergyssucks.com but many people at the CON in both the United States and Canada are the single mawms. But...I am not going to kiss moo ass and tell the bitch I am sorry. Sure, she paid for coverage in advance but so did the CON and she did give them a "Fuck you" by refusing to come back to work. How is that Convrgys' problem? I do not know why anyone on the site or in 'real life' feel we need to bend over for a woman who gets pregnant and then births the kid sans the father being around.

I mentioned this was not a morality issue as I am not religious but that this all lacked common sense. Companies will force older workers out due to health issues but use "lay-offs" to avoid lawsuits. No one seems to give a damn about these folks but it is so different for the childed. It is amazing how many people out there are so quick to make a single moo into a Virgin Mary-like figure...
March 31, 2008
What sort of workplace is convergys? You know, like a retail establishment, call center, rental agency, food service?
Obviously, that doesn't have any bearing on the discussion, I was just curious.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I don't get her argument. She quit. Period. She "paid in advance" for health coverage? The lady said the company took "money out of her paycheque" That's not really paying "in advance" though, is it? I have medical coverage and that comes out of my paycheck too. That's not paying in advance. She sounds extremely naive and DUMB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login