Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, me thinks the moo doth protest too much

Posted by Matush 
Context: On another forum, Someone posted an article that some former child athlete decided not to becom a dental hygenist and instead was going to pursue a career in singing (but that's another topic). Some people remarked that being a dental hygenist was such a boring career and I said , "It sure beats the hell out of being a stay at home mom". Of course a moo replied as such

---------
HUH??

I sure hope you're speaking from experience. Because if not, that was an incredibly ignorant thing to say. I am a stay a home mom. I work my ass off, taking care of my daughter and keeping up the house. And yes, I got a college degree and worked outside the home before my daughter was born. I'm not thinking I am better than anyone for doing what I do now. And people who work shouldn't think they are better than me. I don't judge people for working, whether they have children or not. And while my life is mostly about my daughter, I stay informed about world issues and keep up my other interests.
------------

Why do all stay at home moms feel the need to say just how haaaard they work whenever someone questions the validity of "their profession." I work in PR and I know exactly why we have such a bad reputation but I'm not going to defend the spinmeisters the celebs employ.

Face it, stay at home moms deep down know it's not a real "profession"
Moohood is some kind of collective borderline attention-seeking personality disorder with an inferiority complex on top.

Notice the same hypocritical cunts who bitch about having to pay a few bucks for brat care are the same ones who moan they should be receiving social security because their "jobs" are worth six-figure salaries.

Talk about a group of women who collectively need smacked across the face for such brazen bullshit...
Re: Wow, me thinks the moo doth protest too much
April 02, 2008
i love that first line you did cfb , can i nick it wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 02, 2008
You rock!

CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moohood is some kind of collective borderline
> attention-seeking personality disorder with an
> inferiority complex on top.
>
> Notice the same hypocritical cunts who bitch about
> having to pay a few bucks for brat care are the
> same ones who moan they should be receiving social
> security because their "jobs" are worth six-figure
> salaries.
>
> Talk about a group of women who collectively need
> smacked across the face for such brazen
> bullshit...
Savesprinkles6789
April 02, 2008
I'm so sick of moos saying how busy they are while staying home. As for her comment about "keeping house," I don't know if you've ever had the displeasure of visiting a SAHmoo's house--they are some of the messiest hovels around.

Being a SAHmoo isn't a profession. When I taught and they had Take Your Sprog to Work Day, there would always be several children that would stay home with their mom. I always made all of the kids who participated tell about their experience. I would make a big deal over the kids who actually went to a real place of work. I wouldn't say much at all to the kids who told about their day staying home with mom. After all, who hasn't slept in and stayed in their PJ's watching TV all day?
April 02, 2008
Seriously. SAHMs have ALL DAY LONG to run errands, do laundry, ironing, make meals, food shop, take care of miscellaneous shit, clean the house, go to appointments, etc.

The working people work and THEN have to do this same stuff outside of their already 9-10 hour work day.

Cry me a river, moos.
For the longest time, I've never been able to understand why parents incessantly complain about paying 150 or 200.00 a week (lousy pay) for childcare, yet in the same breath remind the entire world of how much parenting is the most important, hardest job in the world - puhLEASE. Then why isn't childcare paying top-salaries?

I always laugh at the 'who's going to carry on the human race'? comment and my all time favorite 'who's going to take care of you when you're old'?

Yea: let's bring children into this WONDERful world, because after all, when I'm dead I want to make sure there are plenty of other people suffering on this bound for Hell Earth. And of course, instead of me being smart and planning for my elder years by securing a financial future which includes covering assisted living/home care, I'll just put the burden on my children - because I love them so much.

That's real sympathetic - ridiculous, what a crap excuse for having kids - poor things, they're the ones who get stuck in the middle.
"Moohood is some kind of collective borderline attention-seeking personality disorder with an inferiority complex on top. "

I don't think anybody's ever said it better!
I hope you responded back to her....."Defensive much?"

ALL you said was it was BORING, not that it wasn't a "justified profession", blah blah blah and all that hoohey. And, she said she doesn't judge but look how you are only allowed to say that "from experience" *if* you were a SAHM yourself, otherwise, not allowed an opinion.

Is she trying to say that dental hygenist don't "work their ass off" taking care of patients and keeping the office organized?

All you said was it was boring!!!

And I have yet to see a (modern) moo, SAHM or not, IRL who actually "stays informed with world issues and keep up their other interests"--EVER!

I have fallen off some of my BFFs' lists immediately after sprogging and if they are looking for distraction and socialization, they don't call their ol' pals (unless they sprogged too), and there was never a falling out or an ill word, so it has to be the babyyee worship that replaced me, all friends, and world issuestongue sticking out smiley.

My former moo-friends spend their days in PJ's or sweats, barely run a comb thru their hair, put on make-up, read a book or pick up a newspaper, or scan the internet for anything truly useful, or go anywhere that isn't chyld-related. They taxi around said sprogs almost 10 hours a day, listen to kyddie music instead their own, and cook chicken nuggets, even for Easter dinner. What dream-world are these other moos who protest this image all the time???? doh face
Yes, CFBitchfromLA, that was a great observation! So well said! I loved it from the first time my eyes layed upon it.

>>>>>>Seriously. SAHMs have ALL DAY LONG to run errands, do laundry, ironing, make meals, food shop, take care of miscellaneous shit, clean the house, go to appointments, etc.

The working people work and THEN have to do this same stuff outside of their already 9-10 hour work day. <<<<<<

Yes! why do all moos forget this? Did they have a fairy-godmothers cleaning their homes and running errands before spogging? Like I said, moo dream-world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login