Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I hate all my (former) friends....

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
I hate all my (former) friends....
April 28, 2008
Since every sheeple in the world hits a certain age and moves to the boring 'burbs (sorry suburban CFers wink ) and starts in w/ baby rabbies and child worship, I sit around never hearinf from my friends for yearsssssssssZZZZZ .

But what do I get in my email this AM? Of course a pic of a new sprog that came out of my friend's 45 year old pussy!
Holy shit, LMAO when I read this! So fucking true too. I have ONE, count, O N E cf friend, and I'm 38 years old - how sad. All I ever get in the mail during the holidays are what I've labeled 'Kid-mas' cards from my long lost 'friends' whom I never hear from unless they've added another parasite to their collection of experiments.

You know, the ones that really aren't cards but instead, photos of the happy pack? I dread getting those in the mail.
Re: I hate all my (former) friends....
April 29, 2008
i am even sadder, i dont have many real life friends, people i have met. Theres 1 person IRL i consider a friend. so i dont have anyone to send me that crap so i am lucky that way.

All the others are online, or people here on this board and a few other boards.

they all got lives, and they drifted off worldwide.

I dont get any emails, i dont get letters, i dont get phone calls.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 29, 2008
Me too. My one friend from home who I've been friends with my entire life has turned into SUCH a fucking breeder/breeder pleaser. She never wanted kids until she settled for a guy she is totally unhappy with now. 2 kids later of course.

I, too, love the holiday pix of the clan in the mail, everyone looking like the happy family UNTIL you hear the gossip via family and other friends that so-and-so's kids are in so much trouble, Mr and Mrs are on the verge of divorce, this one's cheating, etc. Yea, but keep sending out that picture to make everyone think everything is just jim-dandy.

I think SO (soon to be hubby) and I will start doing the xmas letter/picture thing too, only we'll really have something to brag about: our childfree, peaceful life with our fuzzy-faced children.
Anonymous User
April 29, 2008
Us too...

The kids came, our friends disappeared. Its not just that they have less time for us, it's that they have no time for us. It's all kids, all the time.

It doesn't register with me; can't get my head around it. I mean, I understand that with kids comes responsibilities you didnt have before, that you have less free time, etc. But it's extreme - and ridiculous, in my view - to orient your entire existence around kiddies and kiddie things.

My wife and I are "Gen X" in our 30s... our parents' generation wasn't like the current crop. We both distinctly remember the adults (when we were kids) doing adult things with other adults; onc we were old enough to be left unsupervised we were expected to go play, read or otherwise occupy ourselves. We were nost certaintly not the center of the universe; we had chores and responsibilities and all that stuff.

Today, it's like the parents are reliving their own childhood; they're sometimes so involved in the lives/activities of their kids that its just suffocating (to us) and probably not good for the kids, either. They will, after all, eventually grow up and need to come to grips with the fact that they are (mostly) not special or the center of the universe an that the world doesn't exist to cater to their wants, etc.

To get back to the original point, we have made (and are making) new friends - who either don't have kids or whose kids are grown up and gone.... .
Anonymous User
April 29, 2008
Here's how we deal with those nauseating breeder picture dumps:

We have many critters - including chickens and one very fine rooster. We take HIS picture and send it to the fambuhly pic senders,along with lots of details and info about HIS doings....
April 29, 2008
All I get are emails, cards, baby announcements, and yes an invite to watch the birth of my aunt's kid ( grossed me out). I send pictures of my dogs on my motorcycles, and then tell them about my latest cross country trip on the motorcycle, or my latest trip to Asia. I figure if they want to bore me with little Johnny took his first poop, the least they can do is listen to my adventures on the bike.

I have 4 married set of friends with no kids and 1 single friend. We are all in our 30's. Sunday night at dinner 2 of the 4 married friends announced they are trying to have babies. I already knew that, they stopped hanging out and coming around, and started hanging together only, which means they are distancing themselves from us childfree and grouping with the like minded. I have seen it happen many times before.
Annie: Unfortunately, that is to be expected. I have a really, really good girlfriend in NJ who is also 38 years old. About 6 years ago, she decided (with a wonderful daughter in the 11th grade) she wanted two more kids with her current husband who has adopted her daughter and basically raised her.

I used to LOVE talking to her. But now, when I look on caller-ID and see it's her, I dread it. All she does is yell at her kids and say "I'm sorry, hold on...."(more yelling). I love her so much and it really breaks my heart to know she's there, but not really there. We will always be friends I suppose in one aspect or another, but I still feel like she's a different person.

Oh well, life goes on doesn't it?
Annie! An invite to see your aunt give birth? WTF? Breeders have no sense of decorum... Why not have someone take a pic of that and put it on the gift-mas card? LOL. Oh, but then that would show that it all ain't a bunch of Kodak moments, fo' sho.

Like, Merc, I don't have many friends IRL, so I don't get those emails and letter with pics of sproggen. Plus, most members of my immediate family don't have computers (Neither do I yet.) In most cases, anyways, it's only the kyyds in the pictures. No adults anywhere.
April 29, 2008
I don't have any friends left either since my former BF got an "oops" 8 years ago.
Anonymous User
April 30, 2008
My best friend lives in England and tries to breed, so I'll hear even less and less from her. My soon to be new BF lives in Austria and is cf. I'm in Canada and I have acquaintances, but no real bf. I'm on friendly/civil terms with my husband's friends' girlfriends, but one is repugnant and the other will soon be, so we'll see them even less. So I have my husband left, people I chat with online and the members of my guild in World of Warcraft.
Anonymous User
April 30, 2008
You should try dungeon runners, a few WoW, do that game too.

I know I do. I Dont see anyone week in week out, Only online do i have friends.
Anonymous User
April 30, 2008
Annie, OMG that is friggin disgusting!!!

To think they are that self-absorbed boggles the mind. Were they going to serve finger sandwiches and cocktails at this blessed event? Oh, and they probably expected you to come with a gift too.
Eric--I agree with every single word you say and could have wrote your post word for word. One exception, I think their lifestyle is suffocating to most childed people also. They just don't know how to stop. I can't understand how you breed and your most treasured friends are not missed in the very least, busy or not.

merc--in a way, I don't have any good friends either. My phone doesn't really ring, I don't get that many Xmas or Bday cards, etc. I do get jealous and confused when I'm out in public and I see a bunch of people doing stuff together. I couldn't get a bunch of friends together if I tried..."I'm busy w/ bratley's baseball game, I don't want to drive into the city, I don't want to go that far to ________, I have to visit my mom, I don't want to pay a cover, I don't want to pay for parking, I have to go to church, I have a headache/cramps,so I can't workout, I don't feel like a movie, I have to do laundry,I want to sleep in, I don't like crowds, blah blah blah blah BLAH!" And, the people I do consider better friends tend to work weekends and nights, so I never see them. Also, people don't seem to want to "do" anything, maybe drink or eat, but after awhile...that's boring and fattening. One of my friends complained about the same thing to me, but to tell you the truth, she was one of the biggest culprits of "cancelling" or "non-committing".

Modern life is really alienating. People move farther and farther away looking for the perfect, but cheap McMansion, make parunthood an obsession instead of just part of life, spend too much so they have to work second jobs, constantly re-modeling their homes, moving, then re-modeling again, I'm shocked that anyone has any (adult-oriented) social life at all. I made some CL friends, they go berserk suddenly and have to breed. I made some CF (older) friends, and since they are kinda around retirement or semi-retirement age, they too tend to move "out" somewhere when they are done working.

In the past, I really tried to reach out to people, always sending a heart-felt Bday card or thank you note, send flowers if they were sick, get a unique and thoughtful individualized gift for special occassions, go to all their boring family kyd parties with a smile on my face and help out at the parties too, offer to help them move and other crappy jobs, help them look for work, you get the idea,--I thought to get good friends, be a good friend, open up, be there for them, and it worked a little, but now, they are used to it, take it for granted, they don't even call if I send them flowers or a gift. I currently expect people to cancel every thing we plan, and to forget my Bday...even if we had plans to go somewhere, which happened this year for the second time with my (former) best friend and maid of honor. She calls at 10pm, after she gets my voice mail, "oh! so sorry! I totally forgot! got busy running around w/ the kyds." I act quiet and cordial but get off the phone before I feel like crying. :bawl I spoke about it a long time ago w/ a therapist, and she couldn't understand it either, but did say, most people are truly lucky to have one, maybe two, real friends. She told me not to do this...but I wait for people to call me now, because every time I call them, we make plans, then they inevitably get cancelled--for childed and non-childed reasons. So, I tell them to call me when they're free.

So, merc, I know it is difficult, and doesn't solve your, or my problem, but maybe this is more widespread than we know...according to my therapist at least. shrug
April 30, 2008
i live in the Uk, and i have about 5 people i consider my close friends, but i dont see them at all. they may PM me, Luckily i am very self contained. had to be.

Look on the good side, no baby pics, no other baby crap.. always a silver lining. At the moment, and i have been this way for a long time, i just want to cut myself off even further, have a small cottage in the middle of nowhere with a sitting place, food delivered, and dvds' game etc.. but to me that would be heaven to be at peace.

i have the habit of being alone, its not bad..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Yes, I'm grateful for all the baby showers, etc., I'm not invited to. I am an only child and am use to being alone and amusing myself and actually do enjoy it, definitely not scared of it like some people.

But, after awhile, year after year, it gets a little tedious. I'm happy to do what I enjoy, but at some point if I see a good movie, concert, read a good book, find a new restaurant, it would be nice to have someone to share that w/, talk about it, whatever.

>>>>>>At the moment, and i have been this way for a long time, i just want to cut myself off even further, have a small cottage in the middle of nowhere with a sitting place, food delivered, and dvds' game etc.. but to me that would be heaven to be at peace.

That's funny, I have been thinking of a very similar fantasy. I like the city, but since I don't do anything w/ all these city dwellers, it may be nice, just me, nature, and my fun stuff.
Anonymous User
April 30, 2008
Merc, my dream would be to live on this island:

I just take the boat to get groceries on the coast, otherwise, I live happily with no neighbors. As long as I have an Internet connection, I have more than enough.
April 30, 2008
same here, but with me i would have to have woods around me. and the animals tha live there. and yes the net, bliss..

no one to tell you what to do, when to get up, when to go to sleep,

For some reason my posts are not coming up.???

I too am used to amusing myself and enjoy it, it would be nice after awhile tho, after reading a good book, seeing a good movie or discovering a good restaurant, sharing that w/ someone with similar interests...and not being countered with, "oh, I have no time to read/watch movies/eat out since I had Bratina."

I too have been daydreaming about cutting myself off from the rest of the world and going to live in some praire or wooded area. Stock up on all necessities and just go into town 2x a year for staples with wild uncut hair and old clothes. The townspeople would talk about me.....

I always wonder if raising llamas for profit was something I could actually live on. wink
I too have lost friends to breeding. My best friend since middle school got knocked up in college ten years ago and we drifted apart because - in her view - I was wasting my life and she "expected so much more of me!" - typical moo behavior, have a loaf and suddenly she's sooo responsible and I'm just wasting my life having fun. We still email occasionally (she lives about 3,000 miles away now) but sometimes I don't know why I keep the so-called friendship going.
savesprinkles5678
April 30, 2008
Eric said:

"We have many critters - including chickens and one very fine rooster. We take HIS picture and send it to the fambuhly pic senders,along with lots of details and info about HIS doings...."

I love this! A picture of a rooster would be quite refreshing after all those photo cards with ugly kids!

I also hate the big long form letters bragging about the famblee.
May 01, 2008
of course being the brit, and with my humour, i just had a mental image of you sending a card, with a suitably risque.. wording LOL.

i will let you think about that LOL

Ketchup--

Funny your friend thinks your wasting your life. Every time a friend breeds, I think they are the ones wasting their lives.

My SIL was so smart as a teen, she has five kids and is at wit's end. I thought she would change the world, be in charge of some big company, but she just runs around cleaning after kids and taxi-ing them around. If that isn't a waste, I don't know what is.
For me it started even before the loaves started popping out. A 20-year friendship of mine ended when said friend got married. IMMEDIATELY afterward, she abruptly stopped talking to me. When I demanded an explanation she told me that I hadn't been "enthusiastic enough" about her getting married. I shit you not.

Oh well, at least it saved me from REALLY having to feign enthusiasm when she started having kids.
May 01, 2008
Good gods, peppertree, what a self-absorbed ass of a former "friend."

My life-long friend no longer talks to me either, it trickled off after she started breeding. She's too busy impressing all her mommy friends. To her, I'm the cool married childless friend with all sorts of free time, money, clean house, uncluttered mind, that she doesn't want to be compared to so I get ignored.

Not enthusiastic enough? Just be glad you weren't one of the bridesmaids or I'm sure she would have been the classic example of a Bridezilla.

She's probably a nightmare of a breeder "friend." Partaking in the rabid mommy circles, capri pants and tri-colored hair. BLEAH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login