Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where Do I Fit In?

Posted by str8six 
str8six
Where Do I Fit In?
April 29, 2008
Thankfully, the CF are as broad of an array of different people as a 'group' can be. That is a very good thing and I'm not complaining about it. I do wonder though where exactly I fit in in the CF world.

I am a Libertarian, which definitely puts me in the minority regarding the general consensus of the CF community. I am a Christian who is not currently attending church, but still very much believes in God. But, kids just do nothing for me - which seems odd as a Christian to many. On the other hand, hearing of abused children makes my blood boil but hearing them pitch horrid fits in a nice restaurant makes me want to splash cold water on their faces!

I guess I find many of the CF sites too mushy-mushy for me, some too over the top and some too restrictive. I don't like extreme left-ism, or extreme right-ism. Just a thought I've been having lately. In any case, I'm glad that there at least are places on the web where CF people can share their feelings and experiences regarding the lifestyle we've chosen. Still, it's hard to find a place to fit in sometimes.
Anonymous User
Re: Where Do I Fit In?
April 29, 2008
I'm a Libertarian also! (I hate that Ron Paul's candidacy went nowhere; but I wasn't surprised, either.)

On religion: I am agnostic; so is my wife.

I don't believe anyone can say they "know" a thing about God (whether he/she/it exists, even). There is only belief; which means, an opinion, gut feeling or guess. Nothing that can be described or touted as "fact" or "truth." This should be the beginning of any discussion of religion; viz - that no one has - or even can have - any lock on the "right answer" and that we should each keep our own opinions on the subject as a matter of individual conscience - and refrain from attempting to impose our opinions about religious things on anyone else.

Live - and let live.

Unfortunately, in the age of The Chimp, that has become a rare thing indeed!
April 29, 2008
I've never really worried about "fitting in" ever in my lifetime.

On religion, I was raised as, and am a practicing Pagan. I am registered Republican but have yet to vote because politics is such a load of shit.

Thoughtout my life, there was always some aspect of it that was vastly different from the "norm" and I never really felt like I fit in anywhere and I was just fine with that. I didn't feel the need to fit in. I didn't like other kids, even as a kid and always wanted to hang with the adults or immerse myself in my pets. I always just did my own thing. I had no real "click" of friends. All the people who I used to consider "friends" are breeders and I don't speak to any of them.

I also find some of the other CF sites too mushy - you have to play nice with the breeder trolls or you get banned. Fuck that.

Don't worry about having somewhere to fit in. Go with what makes you happy. Being Child Free is what it's all about, anyway!
str8six
April 29, 2008
Well Eric, we are just starting to get going. I didn't expect Ron's candidacy to go anywhere either. Too many people are lazy asses who will always depend on the sweat from your and my brow.

Regarding religion, I concur no one should ram anything down anyone's throat. I don't need concrete proof for my beliefs, that is where faith comes in and concrete proof can be different things for different people. Many argue that 'faith' is just fear of thinking death is the end and that there's nothing else afterwards. For some that may be, for me it is not. My faith isn't hurting you, and your lack of belief isn't hurting me! That's the way I see it :-)

KFLL: I know exactly what you mean about playing nice. Of aaaaaaaall the places on the internet for parents to go, they just can't stand themselves, they simply MUST come into our CF sites and show us the error of our ways. I also say FUCK THEM. We know there are some really great parents out there, they are not the ones we're venting about.
April 29, 2008
i have no politics, no religion, I am more a Thinker, rather than being a labour or conservative, or lib dems, or bnp, I dont care who is in power as they are all the same, self serving hypocrits.

Religion, i have my own, it works for me, and thats all, i dont want to force my faith on others. I only object to religions that turn people into objects or wombs.

If the church of satan, was here and they made sense, and treated people like people, i would support them. not beleive, but support.

I beleive in a civilisation that treats people how i want to be treated. However this doesnt exist, because there are so many polarising beleifs, a sort of My faith is better than yours, my country is better than yours. I try to see the positives and negatives in everything. if its good, great, if its bad i fight until it changes.

I passionatly beleive everyone is equal, male, female, black, white and every colour and creed. Nasty people are nasty people, nasty women are nasty women, nasty men are nasty men. So i am against the bad and for the good. I vote against groups, never for.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Matush
April 29, 2008
Count me in as a Ron Paul supporter. As the above said, we run the gamut of ideologies. both parties have friendly and unfriendly policies for the childfree. The fundies running the republican party want us to breed and think boobies will traumatize snotleigh and bratford for life. Hillary and the dems believe that "it takes a village." But what we all have in common is the desire for parents to take responsibility of their own children.
nowiggers
April 30, 2008
Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Jesus childfree?

If so, then why would christians have a problem accepting a childfree christian brother or sister?

Sure Jesus loved the little children and all, but it was clear he was just like us; when he went home at night, he wanted a clean and quiet childfree house!
April 30, 2008
Blasphemy, blasphemy.. LOL

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login