Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To be so lost and feel so useless

Posted by annie35 
To be so lost and feel so useless
May 01, 2008
I usually don't watch Wife Swap, but last night I could not stop. This lady who was all about class, what people think, obsessive about the cleanliness of her home and appearance of her family swapped with a drag racing mom who could give a shit care less about appearances and wants people to be themselves.
I actually felt sorry for princess mom, she spends her days cleaning her home and cooking, she has no identity, no interests, and her family thinks she is a nut case. She lost her identity when she became a moo. Her life was one pathetice cleaning frenzy afer another and it made her so unhappy that she was a real bitch.
I am so thankful that my life does not revolve around cooking, cleaning, posing that I am happy, nagging, and keeping up appearances.
Her crotch zombies were not thankful and her husband was a real ass.
She created her own hell, but I took pity on her. Her life looked so horrible.
Peppertree
Re: To be so lost and feel so useless
May 01, 2008
I, too, cannot tear myself away from these breederific shows sometimes, even though they make me insanely angry.

I just caught an episode of the horrid "Jon and Kate Plus 8" the other night, and I noticed that the most disturbing thing about the show isn't so much that the family has EIGHT kids (although that's pretty fucking revolting), it's the fact that the husband, Jon, so CLEARLY hates his wife, Kate. Practically every comment he directs at her is filled to the brim with resentment. And with good reason, because Kate really comes across as a pushy, nagging old hag. It ALMOST makes me feel bad for him.
May 01, 2008
HA! EXCELLENT! I love to hear about this breeder trainwreck shit. Makes my day.

I feel sorry for them also, but only in a self-serving, smug sort of way.
I watched that show maybe twice I think. I know what you're saying, but really it's neat to see people learn from each other. Sometimes people see things that you don't, even though it's right in front of you. I think that's a large part of what this show is about. Did you see the end? Did the neat-freak learn anything from her free-spirited counterpart?

I am obsessive-compulsive and have to work every day at keeping myself in check regarding cleaning. I swear to God, I can see a speck of dirt on my laundry room floor from across the kitchen! And it's not that I care what others think of my speck of dirt, it's just me. These types of obsessions WILL drive you absolutely insane if you let them. And it takes a LOT of hard work to change.

Regarding one's appearance and presentation, that is a very individual thing. As long as you're clean enough where I don't have to smell you, I could care less how you dress. But I will probably roll my eyes if I see you on the street dressed like an idiot in a feeble attempt to 'be different', but I won't lose any sleep over your choice of threads.
May 13, 2008
Peppertree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I, too, cannot tear myself away from these
> breederific shows sometimes, even though they make
> me insanely angry.
>
> I just caught an episode of the horrid "Jon and
> Kate Plus 8" the other night, and I noticed that
> the most disturbing thing about the show isn't so
> much that the family has EIGHT kids (although
> that's pretty fucking revolting), it's the fact
> that the husband, Jon, so CLEARLY hates his wife,
> Kate. Practically every comment he directs at her
> is filled to the brim with resentment. And with
> good reason, because Kate really comes across as a
> pushy, nagging old hag. It ALMOST makes me feel
> bad for him.

These shows are like crack for me. Nanny 911? Super Nanny? I watch them as a sort of way to brainwash the husband out of catching baby rabies....
Rapunzel111
May 14, 2008
John and Kate + 8.Even the title makes me want to sew my vagina shut
with a shoelace and a rusty upholstery needle.I swear.How can people be so in love with their own DNA that they have to replicate their own dumb asses 8 times over,and then get paid to do a television show about self-made suffering??Hello-it's bad enough having 2 dumb people on Earth.We don't need more dumb people.There will never be a shortage of dumb people,ever!I don't get this shit.
May 15, 2008
Rapunzel111 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John and Kate + 8.Even the title makes me want to
> sew my vagina shut
> with a shoelace and a rusty upholstery needle.I
> swear.How can people be so in love with their own
> DNA that they have to replicate their own dumb
> asses 8 times over,and then get paid to do a
> television show about self-made
> suffering??Hello-it's bad enough having 2 dumb
> people on Earth.We don't need more dumb
> people.There will never be a shortage of dumb
> people,ever!I don't get this shit.

Discovery has a channel devoted entirely to baybees, children and spawning. If I happen to turn on the tube in the am it freaks me out that people are actually watching birth during breakfast. Yet, Horror movies are reserved for after dark. What a conundrum.
May 15, 2008
I have that channel and I just don't go near it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
I must admit that I also enjoy watching parents reap the fruits of their labor - which is nothing less then more labor and total family dynamic breakdown. But what's most interesting to me, is to watch these families destroying themselves - it's right in front of their eyes; they can't see the forest for the trees. It's so painfully obvious what the problem is it just makes me want to grab them by the throat and shake them. So simple: turn the TV off, eat supper with your kids, talk to them, TELL THEM NO, have regular bedtimes etc etc - just, stupid fucking shit that is so obvious for a child's sense of security and proper development. Yet these parents are so numb they're like zombies.

I do sit back and revel a bit in their misery though...*tee-hee*...:smoke
May 15, 2008
Three yards of black fabric enshroud my computer terminal. I am mourning the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.

His obituary reads as follows:

Common Sense, aka C.S., lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the millennium. No one really knows how old he was, his birth records were long ago entangled in miles and miles of bureaucratic red tape.
Known affectionately to close friends as Horse Sense and Sound Thinking, he selflessly devoted himself to a life of service in homes, schools, hospitals and offices, helping folks get jobs done without a lot of fanfare, whooping and hollering. Rules and regulations and petty, frivolous lawsuits held no power over C.S.

A most reliable sage, he was credited with cultivating the ability to know when to come in out of the rain, the discovery that the early bird gets the worm and how to take the bitter with the sweet. C.S. also developed sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adult is in charge, not the kid) and prudent dietary plans (offset eggs and bacon with a little fiber and orange juice).

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, the Technological Revolution and the Smoking Crusades, C.S. survived sundry cultural and educational trends including disco, the men's movement, body piercing, whole language and new math.

C.S.'s health began declining in the late 1960s when he became infected with the If-It-Feels-Good, Do-It virus. In the following decades his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal and state rules and regulations and an oppressive tax code. C.S. was sapped of strength and the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, criminals received better treatment than victims and judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional baseball and golf. His deterioration accelerated as schools implemented zero-tolerance policies. Reports of 6-year-old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing classmates, a teen suspended for taking a swig of Scope mouthwash after lunch, girls suspended for possessing Midol and an honor student expelled for having a table knife in her school lunch were more than his heart could endure.

As the end neared, doctors say C.S. drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments regarding regulations on low-flow toilets and mandatory air bags. Finally, upon hearing about a government plan to ban inhalers from 14 million asthmatics due to a trace of a pollutant that may be harmful to the environment, C.S. breathed his last. Services will be at Whispering Pines Cemetery. C.S. was preceded in death by his wife, Discretion; one daughter, Responsibility; and one son, Reason. He is survived by two step-brothers, Half-Wit and Dim-Wit.

Memorial Contributions may be sent to the Institute for Rational Thought.

Farewell, Common Sense. May you rest in peace.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login