Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pathetic whiner DUH working 3 jobs

Posted by Ketchup 
I am a dietitian and I frequently visit a message board for other RDs. A high school student posted a message asking about how to learn more about the profession. While I am used to the whining about the pay, this response made me ill:

"Agree with prior comments on salary, yes it is not about money but what do you do when you are supporting a family and your wife had a baby and has not been in a steady job for 4-6 months. It should not matter what sex a person is but the bottom line it is very difficult to support a family in this field. I always have to have 2 jobs and sometimes 3. It is a very interesting field and if you have passion for you should go for it...(blah blah blah - edited for brevity)."

Because OF COURSE everybody is going to grow up and breed and have to support a famblee - gotta make the big bucks so you can afford that McMansion in the 'burbs and all the other trappings of Suburban Middle Class Success(TM). And you know, BAYBEES JUST HAPPEN. And having to work THREE JOBS because his lazy wife won't hold down a steady job? I guess because she's already occupied doing TMIJITW. Jeebus, WTF is wrong with people? (other than most of them are complete sheep)
What boils my hide is the way kids are inculcated with the assumption that they WILL go on to be parents, and it's just a matter of "when". Poor high-school kid... Hopefully he/she is smart enough to think outside of the box.
Re: Pathetic whiner DUH working 3 jobs
May 01, 2008
It just sounds like these freaks do not even want to consider alternatives to breeding. I thought energy costs would wake them up, but no, they just breed.
May 02, 2008
No, because they'll have their hand out to good old Uncle Sam soon enough for public assistance.

I have NO sympathy for people like this. You make you own happiness. You make your own misery. Either way, you've made your own bed so now lie in it. This guy needs to grow a set of balls.
Anonymous User
May 02, 2008
There is a moo here at work all bloated with the 2nd miracle, and she is of course quitting to be an at-home Mawm. She's already been part time since the first one, since she needed "flexabull hours" for each time the kid takes a dump or whatever.

Her husband is already working 2 paramedic jobs w/ long, crazy hours, and studying for the fire dept exam so he can make even mo' money. She has been whining that she doesn't see him b/c of the hours & he doesn't get time with the baybee. (assuming he even wants to) She also bleated that he was sleepy & irritable when they went for the glorious ultrasound. No wonder, he's a fucking walking zombie!!!

On top of all that, she's complaining that his insurance, which they'll switch to from hers after she quits, is over $300/mo w/ a high deductible. (Hers is now only $90 per mo for the whole fambee w/ no ded, and for part-time folks).

I'm glad she's quitting, but I can't wrap my mind around the reasoning. She only lives 10 minutes away, her job is easy, has friends/family
ho sit for free, and flexible hours and STILL she is all giggly & excited that she's quitting, despite the financial hardships.

I don't feel sorry for hubby at all, but it amazes me how these twits s assume without question that hubby will work his ass off & still be happy. Gawd forbid he ever complains.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login