Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calls from breeders for your entertainment

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Calls from breeders for your entertainment
May 08, 2008
I work in patient accounts at a medical billing company. Here is how my day of breeder phone calls has gone so far:

Call #1: Irrational, belligerent moo calling for her 20 year old (yes, 20 y/o) daughter's bill. She first tells mes she has to hurry since she's leaving for work. (?)

She's screeching that the bill was too high, we billed wrong, insurance should have paid this & not that, blah blah... I as usual started asking questions to help, and I'm very personalble. But she was not listening, & she hung up saying "whatever". (She's probably angry knowing she'll be saddled supporting an adult chyuld for about 10 more years).

CALL #2: Angst ridden 21 year old guy from an affluent area calls raging on that his bill is way to high. Sounds like he just got his first bill ever that mommy & daddy won't pay. And he wants to call the head of the organization. (You can't change the rules to suit yourself so welcome to the real world, bitch)

Call #3: 19 year old who just had a baybee calls with a $2k delivery bill. She literally whines: "This bill ain't MY problem, I have the medikull card (Medicaid) so why do you keep sending this bill to ME?"

I told her b/c it IS her bill. SHE was the patient. And furthermore, she never provided us with her Medicaid info. (See, this is how it works here in reality: You get a service, and you pay for having received that serivce. And each person is responsible for their own shit. But I know you'll never understand)

I really don't mind helping people in any way I can & will go out of my way alot of times. But when entitlement scum are yelling at me, all I can think of is, "I DON'T GIVE A RUNNING FUCK IF YOU PAY OR NOT-Oh, and it's going to collections if you don't".

Well that's it so far folks. Enjoy.
Re: Calls from breeders for your entertainment
May 08, 2008
This reminds me of when I was a customer service rep. for a student loan company. Some of the calls I received were legitimate complaints and were completely understandable, such as someone who became disabled and couldn't pay his/her bills, etc. Most of the issues, though, were with the spawn of helicopter parents who couldn't understand why they had to pay back their loans.

I had a customer actually say one time that "It's only school, I mean, it's not like a car or something." These people HAD to attend expensive private universities and take out thousands in credit-based loans. I realize that it sucks that higher education is so expensive, but they knew how much they were borrowing. I also couldn't get over the amount of college graduates who didn't understand the basic concept of a loan accruing interest ("I only borrowed $20,000 why is it $24,00 now?")

It was the best when an adult in his or her mid-twenties would get flustered at basic questions like "Are your loans private or federal?" and then put his parent on the phone.

Grizzlycat, like you said, someone receives a service and they must pay for that service. These brats acted like the big bad loan company was being mean and unfair.

P.S. I had a guy one time complain that he couldn't afford his loan bill because he had to pay child support. I wanted to say "I think I know how you could have avoided that problem and it's made out of latex"!
LucyTrainWreck,

Oh, how badly I want to tell those 20-30 something do-nothings what I really think. (NOT the responsible ones actually working, looking for work, and being adults)

Last week I had a 31-year old woman ask me if she could get a physician's courtesy discount on her psych therapy bill b/c her father was a doctor. (I wish I was kidding!) Luckily her shrink, my employer- said no & thought it was ridiculous.
Physician's courtesy discount? Hmm...I'm a physician and I never get a discount from my own doctor because the billing and reimbursement contracts forbid that kind of pricing.

Maybe you should have told the bitch that her bill was tripled because her father is a doctor and should have treated her for free. Hell, he probably doesn't want her freeloading any more off of him!
DrDan,

I did mention that we couldn't take a courtesy discount. And she allready got an insurance discount! Let alone, my doc doesn't even know this supposed doctor. Hell, I could say my dad was a doctor and pick a Dr's name from the phone book.

Then there are other doctors who are themselves patients or their wives are patients & they pay their bills with no questions asked. She didn't bitch loudly that we wouldn't swing her a deal, but kept pressing and was so taken aback when we said no.

You're right, maybe this leech was cut off from Dr. Daddy and has to fend for herself (at 31). & can't hack it in the real world.

Oh, I had to add this funny one- Last month I had a moo of triplets ask if she can get a 3 for 1 deal on shots!!!
I have ranted about my fertility moo (former) friend who had two fertility babyees that she KNEW she couldn't afford, her hubby has never made good $$$, now he's a SAHDuh and even tho were attys, we don't make a bunch of money here at my office. She makes 1k less than she spends each month in her "budget".

She has used every deferment possible and now the student loan people want their $$$. *She calls them rapists!!!*

She is around 38+ years old and hasn't paid her loans back virtually at all, and she is incensed that they finally want their money back.

Gall!

especially takes gall since insurance paid a big hunk of the fertility treatments, she borrows from her 401k to pay the co-pays of her medical bills, and took a home equity loan to re-do rooms in her home. OH, and a loan for a new minivan w/ science experiment #2 came along. We're on a salary, but I work a 40+++ work week, she tends to sneak out early and take every Friday off, so she works a 24 hour work week, and I use the word 'work' loosely. I don't think she has paid for anything in a decade. Un-be-liev-able.
P.S. I had a guy one time complain that he couldn't afford his loan bill because he had to pay child support. I wanted to say "I think I know how you could have avoided that problem and it's made out of latex"!

Hahahahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa
LucyTrainWreck said: "I had a customer actually say one time that 'It's only school, I mean, it's not like a car or something.' These people HAD to attend expensive private universities and take out thousands in credit-based loans. I realize that it sucks that higher education is so expensive, but they knew how much they were borrowing. I also couldn't get over the amount of college graduates who didn't understand the basic concept of a loan accruing interest ('I only borrowed $20,000 why is it $24,000 now?')."

"It's not like a car or something." Har har har. No, it's way worse than a car loan. Watch 'em scream when they learn that (unlike a car loan) they generally cannot discharge student loans—federal or private—by filing bankruptcy. They're stuck. They'll have to repay them. (The private student loans were made nondischargeable in the bankruptcy law changes in 2005.)

The best part is this: based on what you've said, Lucy, these people have no clue about all this. They'll find out...
Re: Calls from breeders for your entertainment
May 15, 2008
I could never EVER work in customer service because I'm not a big fan of people and since most people are breeders, well, there it is. Especially Customer Service where you have to deal with entitled, lazy assholes like those mentioned here. I'd be fired before I made it to the end of my first day.
grizzlycat: Got anymore stories for us? Some raves would be great too!
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could never EVER work in customer service
> because I'm not a big fan of people and since most
> people are breeders, well, there it is.
> Especially Customer Service where you have to deal
> with entitled, lazy assholes like those mentioned
> here. I'd be fired before I made it to the end of
> my first day.

We do mess with those types & it's hilarious when they get all flustered that someone's not kissing their parasitic ass. It's at least some entertainment that gets us through the day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login