Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unschooling good idea

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
unschooling good idea
February 05, 2006
Actually this is a good idea. We constantly complain that we are paying for others peoples kids in taxes as we don't have them. Well here you have it, parents being responsible for their own child. Most of the problems today is how school is structured. John Taylor Gatto has a web site that talks of schooling vs. education. We send kids to school, and that is what they get schooling in how to think- act- ect. In fact many problems begin to start with children when they start school and start to feel the need to compete to learn. I could go on and on.
Make parents responsible for all their kids life and learning and stop letting them off the hook with schools that don't do much other than suck any thing natural learning ability you might have had in your spirit before you started school.
mercurior 1
Re: unschooling good idea
February 06, 2006
hmmm, in theory yes, in practice definatly not, imagine a kid whose natural inclinations lead them to think, be gay or whatever.. but their parents dont agree with what ever it is. they could make their kids lives a living hell, not only due to their parents bigotry.

all they are doing is creating a long term problem, no one to tell them that theft is wrong, no one to tell them all people are created equal, and so on.

KidFreeLuvnLife
February 06, 2006
This would be great for me as a home owner, my property taxes would decrease but overall, it would be a nightmare. There wouldn't be one parent that would take responsibility for their kid and want to teach it. Afterall, most breeders see the school system as nothing more than a daycare system. They don't give a rats ass whether their little fuck trophies actually learn anything. Without school, kids would grow up to be even more stupid than they are now. The little bastards would be out in the streets all day wreaking havoc and running amok. In my opinion, this homeschool bullshit is for the birds and should be outlawed.
Anonymous User
February 12, 2006
The posts here just at fuel to the fire of my argument. We are all conditioned by schooling; us on this site are working to find our way through a world that did not think outside the box- as we have. A world that need conformists and people to obey- not free thinkers. We all get up and listen to some boss or someone tell us to do something - so we can pay the rent. We learned that at school, we learned all the things we wish were different about the world at school. So you concentrate a bunch of kids, and we just get more of the same. We want change, but worry that taking a risk is too much. The breeder are a product of the school, Johnny is a good boy cuz' he follows the rules= get married, buy home, have kids, work for retirement= dead life at best.
If we want to raise people will real skills and keep them from thinking they are entitled to something, get the kids out of schools. Let parents be completely responsible for them.
Instead a few think its better to get taken from the home at an early age and taught how to think by our government. Just think about it, We don't want to pay for other kids, we don't want to encourage more breeders and would love to have a tax break instead. More government will not lead us where we want and schooling has created this- not education. Just 80 years ago, kids read better than today, had better work ethics- had manners and were responsible for them selves at a very early age. Add schooling and we now have what we have- and the more schooling the worse they get.
sprogless
February 12, 2006
I've seen unschooling in action.

The kids play all day. They ride their bikes, scream, and accompany parents on errands.
The woman I know, has a 14 year old son that cannot read, or spell his name. It's three letters long. This kid can't count money, either. Her daughter is smart, but has no social skills. These kids have no friends. How are they supposed to support themselves? They have no marketable skills, and employers don't care if someone can pop a wheelie.

Halen, you make a lot of good points about the "educational" system. It's terrible. But, unschooling is not the answer. Parents nowadays don't want to take responsibility for anything, and can hardly be trusted to teach their kids anything of any real value to the modern world.

February 12, 2006
At school I learnt how to think - not what to think. I had cool female teachers and role models who encouraged me to set and aspire to goals. I've posted this before here but my parents did not want me to finish school. They wanted to see me do a female-job and end my days as a housewife and mother. It was my SCHOOL that inspired in me my love of learning and which encouraged me to get the first of my three university degrees and to be in the career I am in now. Public schooling is important because it gives people like me the opportunity to ESCAPE from restrictive and oppressive family backgrounds. I bet many more girls would end up pregnant young and in traditional roles if schooling didn't exist.
Anonymous User
February 12, 2006
I agree with every point both guest and sprogless make. All that is true. But again, is it really CF and other peoples job to raise them? We complain on this site all the time about how we don't want to pay for children, or how we are affected. See the problem is that parents really don't have to take responsibility for them. If they really had to pay for each kid. Pay for food, housing, clothing- on top of education and then figure out how to make that happen while they were at work, they might think about having a kid. But here we are handing out tax credits- and "free schooling' or rather day care with a little learning thrown in- to the very people who do not want to do the parenting job anyway. I know that parents are not good at helping there kids learn, I if I choose to have kids would be fine as my husband and I are both teachers- this is where my argument comes from in the first place- I see what happens everyday and its not education. But kids would suffer, again, if we want people to be responsible parents, we can not then say we will take their kids for 35-40 hours a week and raise them the approved government way, we must say you had them, you figure out what you are going to do with them. But of course this is mostly an academic argument, as we are a society of entitlement and no parent would stand for actually spending time teaching his or her kids. I say they better think about it and think about it fast, schools are ugly now, and they will only get worse.
ih8kyds
February 13, 2006
it all depends on if it, costs less, if these kids are at home and running wild, they will be more likely to cause chaos, at least when kids are in school there is a bit of peace. but you also get those problems there. its a fine line, unschooling teaches nothing, schooling can teach the wrong things (as per government interference), do we really want kids who cant read cant think and so have to dumb down everything,
Anonymous User
February 13, 2006
Maybe school or unschool may or may not make a difference where bratleigh and snotums end up... probably welfare.
Nour
February 13, 2006
I read that book by John Taylor Gatto. I agree with the guy.
Let's say little Janie is at work on a poem. She is into it, but the bell rings, meaning she has to stop what she is doing and now go to learn about the planets. That doesn't make much sense, since she is really focused on writing.
This is how a school day is structured. But the key is getting the kid engaged in something and focusing attention on something.
Lady Cooper
February 13, 2006
And plus, we can't have everyone suceeding, who'll pick up garbage and mop the floors?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.