Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New on the CF Board

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
New on the CF Board
May 13, 2008
HI my fellow CF crowd!I have been reading but have yet to post.I have been looking for a CF board for MONTHS because my old on shut down and those other boards seem to breeder pleaser happy,blech!

I am 30,engaged,heavily tattooed,have four dogs and just finished chemo for breast cancer.I have surgery and radiation ahead of me but the worst (chemo) is over,IMO.

A little over a year ago I asked my GP to sign papers so I could be sterilized.She told me to "pray about it" and ask her again in at least 10 years!

Since my BC dx (due to being hormone positive) my onc is talking about removing my ovaries.It has bigger effects on you than a tubal BUT if I could say anything good comes out of this...it is the chance to not worry about birth control ( I hate condoms and hormonal bc is a hell no now)!

I will see my onc again on Memorial Day and plan to inquire further about her thoughts on ovarian removal.For now,I will be put on ovarian suppression drugs BUT they tell you to still use condoms.But those drugs also lower recurrence chances as well,so everything has positives.

Thank you all for reminding me WHY I am child-free and happy to be so.
Re: New on the CF Board
May 13, 2008
Hi and welcome to the board!

I'm sorry you are having some health problems, I'm sending good thoughts your way...........
Anonymous User
May 13, 2008
Welcome!!!!!!
May 13, 2008
Hi! Nice to meet you.
May 13, 2008
welcome, at least you will be guarenteed NO KIDS, EVER. thats the good part.. sorry to hear about the others, but always a bright side..

and i think i know which board you mean. the self imploding one.. isnt one of the moderators a breeder pleaser.wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 13, 2008
Redlocks, welcome! :bal

I am glad your chemo is over. Good thoughts are going your day for the radiation treatment.

As for the ob-gyn, tell the slag to, "Fuck off," and to stick her Gawd up her ass. There are other docs who will do a tubal. I know...because I have had two. Why two? First one failed 7 years later in 1994. The laser method is not the way to go.

By the way, I was 23 when it was done the first time. I got the second tubal in 1996 about a year-and-a-half after I aborted the Failed Tubal.

Don't let some dumb fuck mess with you re: your health, your life, your body, and your choices.
k-man
May 13, 2008
Welcome, Redlocks. My mother, for whom I am full-time caregiver, had a lumpectomy for breast cancer a few months ago and is going through just what you had: chemo, radiation, etc. My best wishes and thoughts are with you.

You could check with Planned Parenthood for the tubal if the ovarian removal falls through. But do change that GP. If you were to say that you wanted kyds now, would she say to "wait ten years and pray about it"? I don't think so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login